SCP-6210
rating: +19+x
warning.png
bear.jpg

An instance of SCP-6210-2 found in Ontario, Canada.

Item #: SCP-6210

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: Due to its nature as a phenomenon, SCP-6210 cannot be physically contained. Personnel are to focus instead on preventing SCP-6210 from advancing outside of any zoos across the United States. Mobile Task Force Gamma-11 ("Cleanup Time") is to be issued periodically to zoos around the country to expunge the source of SCP-6210 manifestations . A broad scale SCP-6210 infection (referred to as an SCP-6210 Class-B Scenario) requires that MTF Gamma-11 cover the perimeter of the area and incinerate all instances of SCP-6210-2.

Animals suspected to be inflicted with SCP-6210 are to be quarantined immediately. Animals confirmed to be afflicted with SCP-6210 (henceforth referred to as "SCP-6210-1") are to be considered lost due to an absence of a known cure. Any compromised animals are to be terminated before becoming an instance of SCP-6210-B. All animals that have undergone the complete transformation into SCP-6210-2 are to be contained in Provisional Site 6210 and terminated if necessary. Any attempts at testing must obtain the approval of Dr. Linan or Junior Researcher Hall.

Description: SCP-6210 is the designation given to a phenomenon that has manifested in several zoos over the United States. It's exact origin is unknown, however it was first recorded at ██████ ████ Zoo in New Bromval, Wisconsin in August of 2021. Although it has manifested primarily in zoos and other areas of high concentration of confined animals, the phenomenon is able to spread at an alarming rate and is not limited to these regions. SCP-6210 has been shown to normally affect a majority of the animal kingdom. with the exception of primates. It is unknown why SCP-6210 fails to affect primates.

The method that SCP-6210 uses to spread between organisms is currently up to debate. Records have shown that SCP-6210 can spread to any animal within an eleven meter radius. SCP-6210-1 instances act exactly the same as they would prior to contamination, the difference being they carry the "germ" of SCP-6210.1 Between thirty minutes to several hours after initial exposure to SCP-6210, SCP-6210-1 instances will begin a progressive transformation into SCP-6210-2.

The biological means of transformation into SCP-6210-2 is largely unknown. The metamorphosis consistently begins with the shrinkage of the organism until it reaches the size of a standard children's stuffed animal. The afflicted animal's flesh and fur will then slowly mutate, through an unknown process, into a mix of synthesized fur, velour and canvas. At the same time, the animals internal organs will begin to deform into a mass of cotton and batting. Other exterior organs such as eyes, noses, and lips will glaze over and gain the appearance of a normal plush animal appendage. This process can take between approximately three minutes to six hours to complete, leaving the afflicted organism as an instance of SCP-6210-2 that looks identical to a children's plushie.2

Discovery: The first recorded instance of SCP-6210 was an Ailurus fulgens3 at ██████ ████ Zoo. It is suspected that the phenomenon first manifested during the night while the animals were inside their holding areas. Patrons began complaining that they could not find any of the animals, rather only stuffed toys that they had presumed were dropped in by a child.

Zoo employees immediately closed the park as a preemptive measure. Shortly afterwards, zoo workers realized that all the animals, including large land animals like the Loxodonta africana4 and predatory animals like the Panthera leo5 and Dendroaspis polylepis6, had disappeared. Employees immediately alerted local police about the possibility of a containment breach and the zoo was closed to patrons indefinitely for safety reasons.

Addendum-6210 Email Log:

Regarding Todays Visit

From: ██████████@█████.██ at 7:39 PM

To: ███████████@███████████zoo.██


██████ ████ Zoo,

I went to your facility with my 9 year old son today. It's his birthday and he wanted to see his favorite animals. And what did we see? Not a single animal. All we saw were some toys thrown into the pens. Is this some kind of joke? My son is in tears because he couldn't see the crocodiles. Giving him a stuffed animal for free did not end this.

I, along with the other parents of this community, expect to get our money back ASAP. I will be leaving a poor review until this gets resolved.

████ █████

Addendum-6210 Video Log:

VIDEO LOG


DATE: 2021/08/25
NOTE: The following log describes the contents of a security camera positioned in the top left corner of the red panda (nicknamed "Jeff" by zoo employees) exhibit at ██████ ████ Zoo. Recordings taken between [12:00 AM] and [9:53 AM] did not showcase any behavior of note. As such, they have been cut out. The following transcript was written directly by Junior Researcher Hall.


[BEGIN LOG]

[9:54 AM]: Jeff is lying on a branch of a large oak tree, presumably asleep.

[9:55 AM]: Jeff wakes up, yelps and rolls over. Jeff plummets to the grassy floor below, unharmed.

[9:56 AM]: Low camera quality makes this section of the footage ambiguous. Jeff's figure is shown standing still on the grass for several minutes.

[9:58 AM]: Crying can be heard. Jeff is standing in the same spot.

[10:01 AM]: Crying gets more clamorous. Jeff's figure appears to decrease in size slightly. NOTE: It is unclear if this is a byproduct of the camera quality.

[10:02 AM]:

[10:32 AM]: Jeff moves for the last time.

[10:33 AM]: Jeff's figure is lying on the grassy floor. NOTE: The rest of the recording features no movement.

[END LOG]


Closing Statement: A stuffed animal of a red panda was found in Jeff's exhibit shortly after. This item has been put into the custody of the Foundation.


Addendum-6210 Audio Logs:

Foreword: Under Dr. Linan's endorsement, Junior Researcher Julia Hall had been assigned to observe and analyze SCP-6210 events and entities. The following audio logs describe her findings.


Audio Log 6210-1


Date: 2021/08/29


Hello, Junior Researcher Hall here. This is my first log for SCP-6210.

I wish I could give you more information, but the truth is, I got nothing so far. It's just the same stories repeated over and over and over again, y'know, with the zoos? I've seen more security footage of the animals. It's….well…I don't wanna talk about it.

Anyway, that's all I really have to say for now. Dr. Hall, signing off.


Audio Log 6210-2


Date: 2021/08/31


Hello! Junior Researcher Hall here. Some other researchers nagged me about how it's unprofessional to call myself by the wrong title. Look, it was an accident, okay?

So, about SCP-6210. It's happened in more zoos, too. You know, the animals disappearing. A few over on the west coast now.

At those other zoos they offered to show me footage of all kinds of animals, like mammals, lizards, birds….even fish! I refused to watch them though. But I have noticed one thing that's pretty interesting. No monkeys, or gorillas, or any kind of ape.

I'm going to look more into the anatomy of these stuffed animals. I'll report again within a few days. Junior Researcher Hall, signing off.


Audio Log 6210-3


Date: 2021/09/01


Hello! Junior Researcher Hall here.

I've told the Task Force to start bringing in the stuffed animals. We don't really know how the SCP spreads, so for now we are keeping them in this provisional site. It'll be safe as long as there aren't any animals nearby, hopefully.

Provisional Site 6210 is set up in this open area, like a wasteland or desert or something. It's kind of close to Site-24, but I promise, we're being as careful as possible. You can't even see it cause it's so far off in the distance.

Signing off for now.


Audio Log 6210-4


Date: 2021/09/02


Hello, Junior Researcher Hall here.

We've got more stuffed animals here now. MTF agents are saying that we should start burning them before we run out of storage space, and they want the green light from me first.

I've actually got one of the stuffed animals with me right here. It's a bird of some kind. It's pretty soft…and it's surreal thinking this was once an actual bird, I think.

Oh, and something interesting about this bird is that it has a tag. It has a tag on its leg, like how normal stuffed animals do. If you've had a toy animal before you'd know they usually have a small tag or label on their leg that tells you about copyright information and whatnot.

This tag, it has a full name, birth date, and death date. I don't know who the hell this is, but it doesn't matter now. The death date was, um, a few weeks ago. And the birth date was…damn.

Nevermind, I'm sorry.

NOTICE: THE FOLLOWING FILE IS ENCRYPTED. PLEASE ENTER YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD TO VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY.

ID
PASSWORD

Audio Log 6210-6


Date: 2021/09/05


Hello again, Junior Researcher Hall here.

More stuffed animals were brought in. I realize that at this point, it's illogical to keep them all. It's selfish, too. I just really really feel bad about burning them.

Yesterday I decided to, um, dissect one, to make sure there was nothing inside it. I removed ALL of the stuffing. It took a while, cause there seems to be a lot more inside the toy then there should be. By the end I was just sitting there covered in cotton.

God…..why did…

What a stupid waste of time, I made that room a mess for nothing. Maybe I'll try and sew it back together or something. I mean, I would, if I, uh, knew how. Ahaha.

Goodbye for now.


Audio Log 6210-7


Date: 2021/09/07


Hello again, Junior Researcher Hall here.

I took a day off yesterday. I wasn't sick or anything. Whatever, it barely even helped. You'll know why in a sec.

I don't know if I mentioned this in a previous log, but the Task Force has started burning the toys now. Not all of them, though. Only the older ones, y'know, to make space. I gave them approval to do it.

I felt bad about it. But it's not just because of what you might think. Because some of them don't even look like they were anomalous. Some of them look…used.

I think some of the other toys from the past few days were like this too. I guess it's just hard to tell unless you look at them really closely.

Hell, a few even have NAMES on them. There was a koala toy earlier that had the name "Sam" stitched on one of the feet. Shit, shit…and the tag. It…never mind.


Audio Log 6210-8


Date: 2021/09/08


Junior Researcher Hall here.

As usual, the Squad brought in more stuffed animals. They might actually be a good source of fuel for the fires. Aha. No, that's…bad.

Something really strange happened. Oh, it's really weird. I stopped them from throwing a stuffed animal into the fire. Only one, specific stuffed animal. A giraffe.

You're probably wondering, why would I do this? Um, there's no reason. Probably some kind of cognitohazard that makes me want to be near it or something. No, wait. It's actually because I just think giraffes are cool. Yeah, giraffes are my favorite animals. I don't know, I'm just keeping this giraffe for now.

Just trust me, this is a good idea.


Audio Log 6210-9


Date: 2021/09/09


Junior Researcher Hall here.

I actually got permission to take the giraffe home with me last night. And by home I mean, you know, where I sleep. It doesn't really feel like a home out here. Don't worry, I was cautious about it.

Anyway. As I was saying, I went to sleep with the giraffe next to me. Well, not next to me. In my arms. Like a goddamn baby. Yeah, I'm not even ashamed to admit it. But that's not even the weirdest part. I woke up to find the giraffe wasn't in my room. I found it when I was getting dressed. It was behind a pair of boots or shoes. Can't remember which. Probably the boots cause I couldn't see it at first.

So either some asshole is messing with me, or I swear to god, these toys are alive. Some Toy Story type shit. I haven't actually seen those movies but I imagine this is what it's like. Wait, no, I have. God, why can't…


Audio Log 6210-10


Date: 2021/09/12


Hall here.

I didn't take the giraffe home with me last night. I left it in my office, with a piece of paper on the floor and a jar of ink. The paper said "CAN YOU READ THIS?" and I had a check box for YES and a check box for NO.

In retrospect, yeah, that wasn't a great idea. I don't really know why I thought it might work. But…okay, listen to this.

I sat there and watched that giraffe for a while, just waiting for it to move. But it didn't. Then I left the room for several hours with the security camera running. Still nothing. I think it knew it was still being watched. That was yesterday. Before I left, I disabled all cameras for my office.

Today I came in and saw….nothing. Well, kinda. The paper was exactly the same. But the giraffe? It had some stained black ink on its head. At least, I think.

Maybe it's actually someone messing with me. Very funny prank guys. Wait, who…no, forget it Later today I'm going to try and get something out of this giraffe. I don't know how yet. I'll figure it out.

Signing off.


Audio Log 6210-11


Date: 2021/09/17


Junior Researcher Hall here.

The interview went well, I think. It should be safe to look at.

Listen, I think there's a difference in the way SCP-6210 affects animals and humans. It spreads to animals like a contagious virus, but for humans….it's different.

I woke up this morning to find that I was two inches shorter. I think I need another day off. Just so I can be…happy.

Audio Logs 6210-1 to 6210-11 were included as an example of an "SCP-6210 Incident".7 Junior Researcher Hall's whereabouts are currently unknown.


Addendum-6210 Interview Log:

Foreword: The SCP-6210-B instance was given two buttons to press to indicate a YES or a NO with an accompanying text-to-speech synthesizer. No other personnel or security cameras were present inside or near the interview room. This interview took place on 2021/09/13.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License