SCP-6171
rating: +18+x
Item#: 6171
Level2
Containment Class:
safe
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
notice

SCP_6

SCP-6171 in containment.

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6171 is to be stored in a 2m x 2m x 1m terrarium constructed from lead glass. The terrarium is to be secured in a standard small-object multipurpose room. Any personnel entering the containment chamber of SCP-6171 is to be fitted with a Class-B biological and environmental protection suit. The containment chamber of SCP-6171 is to be fitted with a high-sensitivity Geiger counter in case of a communication attempt from SCP-6171.

Description: SCP-6171 is a male cockroach of the Gromphadorhina portentosa (Madagascar hissing cockroach) species. SCP-6171's size is consistent with other regular members of the species. SCP-6171 does not have any significant physical characteristics that may differentiate it from other members of the species. SCP-6171 has a baseline output of 1 Gray of radiation, which it constantly outputs regardless of any external environmental factors. SCP-6171's other anomalous ability manifests when it communicates. SCP-6171 communicates through morse code in bursts of gamma radiation, which to date, has not exceeded 3 Gy. In addition to this ability, SCP-6171 shows a significantly higher level of intelligence than that which might be expected from a member of the species. SCP-6171 has been observed on several occasions, performing highly complex cognitive and motor actions, including the use of their front legs to manipulate objects and observing patterns in the routine of personnel1. Due to the details that SCP-6171 has provided, it is assumed that SCP-6171 previously was a non-anomalous human.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License