SCP-6168

rating: +57+x
dog.jpg

A typical Phú Quốc Ridgeback dog. This dog breed is native to Phú Quốc Island, Vietnam.

pieces.jpg

Pieces of SCP-6168. Photo taken by PoI-6168 with her phone.

Item #: SCP-6168

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6168 is to be kept in a medium-sized standard animal containment cell. It does not need to be provided food or water for survival.

Investigation into Incident 6168/A is to be conducted with the following priorities:

  • Determining the relationships among PoI-6168, Incident 6168/A and the creation of SCP-6168.
  • Evaluating the possibility of PoI-6168 possessing thaumaturgic abilities, as well as the possibility of further anomalous activities at the locus of the incident.

UPDATE 25/08/2016: In case further changes in SCP-6168's anomalous properties are observed, its containment procedures are to be adjusted accordingly.

Description: SCP-6168 is a life-size, animated, sentient statue resembling a Phú Quốc Ridgeback dog. It is made from ordinary cinnamon wood (Cinnamomum verum) and comprises multiple pieces. Some of its pieces function as joints, allowing it to move in a limited capacity. SCP-6168 does not possess internal organs and cannot vocalize; however, it reacts to external stimuli similarly to common domestic dogs (Canis lupus familiaris).

Discovery (Incident 6168/A): On 28/06/2016, Foundation radars monitored by the Thaumaturgic Activity Tracking Unit in Northwestern Vietnam detected an abnormal EVE spike from a location in the remote mountainous area of Yên Bái Province. This location had previously been marked for frequent thaumaturgic activities, but had been inactive for several years. Concurrently, the local fire brigade hotline received a call reporting a house fire spreading to the local forest at the energy spike's presumed coordination. Foundation agents embedded in the local fire brigade then arrived at the location despite being delayed by the topography, discovering SCP-6168. It was immediately taken into Foundation custody, and investigation was initiated after the fire had been subdued.

The only civilian present during the incident was Vi Thị Mai, aged 15. Considering her supposed direct relevance to the event and her subsequent mental state, it was decided that she would not be given amnestics; instead, she was designated PoI-6168 and placed under close surveillance.

As in August 2016, PoI-6168 would move to Hanoi and enroll in the Vietnamese National University's High School for Gifted Students in Social Sciences and Humanities,.From now on referred to as HSSH for brevity. Researcher Phan Kiều Trang (a psychologist currently embedded in the University) was added to the Incident 6168/A investigation team to monitor PoI-6168. She would perform her duties under the guise of a therapist participating in the HSSH's Psychological Assistance Initiative, which would be held by the school starting from the school year 2016 - 2017.

On 25/08/2016, PoI-6168 voluntarily came to Researcher Phan's office in the HSSH, requesting help. Some of her conversations with Researcher Phan from this point onwards are attached below. Full original footage with audio in Vietnamese are available per request.

UPDATE 25/08/2016: SCP-6168 was first observed to vocalize. Analysis of vocalization yielded results similar to non-anomalous Phú Quốc Ridgeback dogs. Mechanics of vocalization currently unknown.

UPDATE 15/10/2016: Starting from the beginning of September 2016, SCP-6168 has been observed to perform movements increasingly more flexible than before. By the time of this update, SCP-6168 has been able to curl up while lying down and has tried to chase its own tail, although much more awkwardly than non-anomalous dogs. However, while performing activities that it had not fully accustomed to beforehand, SCP-6168's vocalizations usually showed signs of severe discomfort.

X-ray screening results indicated the appearance of bones similar to that of a domestic dog with SCP-6168's size inside its wooden structure. It was presumed that SCP-6168's unfamiliarity with the position and functioning of its new bones has caused it much internal pain.

A discussion was raised on whether SCP-6168's bones should be removed for inspection and to ease its discomfort. This motion was later rejected following the discovery that these bones appeared in a predictable pattern, which implied that SCP-6168's skeletal system would complete materializing at an undetermined point in the future.

Extra on-site veterinarian personnel have been appointed to take care of SCP-6168.

UPDATE 24/10/2016: SCP-6168's agility has been improving continuously. By the end of October 2016, it has been able to perform complex activities such as doing high jumps and scratching its ears with its hind leg, although its signs of discomfort still persisted.

SCP-6168's skeletal system completed materializing on 20/10/2016.On this day, PoI-6168's 9th counseling session with Researcher Phan was organized. and has been fully functional since. SCP-6168's stress began to lessen on the evening of the next day. Based on the correlation between these events and PoI-6168's activities, as well as prior observations, the relationship between SCP-6168's physical state and PoI-6168's mental wellbeing was established. Researcher Phan's surveillance duty was reassigned from low-priority to high-priority in maintaining the long-term containment of SCP-6168.

Following its recovery, SCP-6168 has started showing affection to personnel who had taken care of it, as well as a significantly higher level of activity. On-site staff are now allowed to visit SCP-6168 and play with it during their off-duty hours.

UPDATE 18/12/2016: After the complete manifestation of SCP-6168's skeletal structure, skin slowly started to appear on different parts of its body, with golden-colored fur growing unevenly. SCP-6168's wooden component pieces under its skin were also being converted into flesh and muscles. This flesh was connected to its skeletal structure, its skin, as well as other unconverted wooden parts with connective tissues.

This converting process seemed to itch SCP-6168 extremely, as it was observed to frequently scratch on its newly-formed skin to the point of slightly rupturing it. This itchy sensation also seriously disrupted SCP-6168's sleep pattern, resulting in a much lower level of activity and responsive behavior. SCP-6168 were often seen to curl up in a corner of its containment chamber, quietly vocalizing its distress.

Testing yielded results that this converting process is thaumaturgic in nature. DNA test results were consistent with the genome of domestic dogs. Extra veterinarian personnel were appointed to take care of SCP-6168, with focus on antiseptic. Despite currently comprising living parts, SCP-6168 still does not need to be provided with nourishment. Researcher Phan Kiều Trang have been notified to pay close attention to PoI-6168's recovery.

UPDATE 03/01/2017: On 30/12/2016, the last exterior wood segment on SCP-6168's body was converted to skin and flesh. It has been scratching itself significantly less since then, although its level of distress has not alleviated. Instead, SCP-6168's vocalizations started showing signs of slight but constant, prolonged internal pain.

CT scan results indicated the novel appearance of two flesh masses in SCP-6168's chest cavity and cranium. These masses were respectively presumed to be its heart and brain.

On 01/01/2017, SCP-6168 first expressed its need for nourishment; filtered water and dog food with suitable amounts for its size were provided. This diet is to be supplied for SCP-6168 from this point onwards.

SCP-6168's remaining internal wooden segments are expected to convert into corresponding internal organs in an undefined amount of time, depending on PoI-6168's recovery progress.




Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License