SCP-6160
rating: +17+x

SCP-6160 Document, Current Revision (7)

Item#: 6160
Level3
Containment Class:
safe
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
ekhi
Risk Class:
notice

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6160 is currently stored as a document in a folder secured through the means of a locked file box. The box is located at Aisle ██, Containment Vault █, Site-77. The key's use is granted solely at the Site Director's discretion. In the case of manifestation of SCP-6160-1, MTF Upsilon-4 "Sugar Pill" is to be deployed and the instance of SCP-6160-1 neutralized with countermemetic agents.

Description: SCP-6160 is a series of memetic concepts, which can be transferred through any form of visual media, that will generate an instance of SCP-6160-1 after infecting more than one person. Affected individuals will always attempt to share SCP-6160.

SCP-6160-1 and its effects manifest when more than one person is infected with SCP-6160. SCP-6160-1 is an anomalous form of a socioeconomic egregore1 that attack and transmute other socioeconomic egregores to other instances of SCP-6160-1.

SCP-6160-1 infection rate increases in correlation with affected population size, population density, and the number of SCP-6160-1 instances nearby. The effects of SCP-6160-1 also change with the same factors. The effects of SCP-6160-1 above an affected population size of 500, as well as its behavior in non-capitalist egregore-dominated environments, have never been observed.

The following is the behavior of SCP-6160-1 instances in a capitalist egregore dominated environment:

SCP-6160-1 within small populations ranging from 2-10 affected individuals will take the form of increased cooperative socioeconomic behavior resembling a typical family even when there is no common relation, ideological beliefs expressing support for the Marxist family of ideologies, usually Marxism-Leninism. Affected individuals may exhibit financial tendencies like saving, that may interfere with the operation of markets.

Above this size, the effects of SCP-6160-1 are poorly understood. In population sizes of 10-100, the affected may begin to withdraw from activities directly related to capitalism and may create a co-operative. How successful those activities are unknown, as SCP-6160-1 at this size tends to grow rapidly enough to progress to affected population sizes of 100-500 in a matter of days.

At affected population sizes of 100-500, individuals begin to organize protests and actively engage in anticapitalist activities. At this stage, the egregore becomes self-reliant and can operate independently of other egregores in the area. Currently, the behavior of SCP-6160-1 is unknown in cities and is thought to grow rapidly enough to cover all possible supply chains, replicating the autonomous behavior of SCP-6160-1 in villages. SCP-6160-1 instances at this size may also begin to partake in violent attacks against other socioeconomic egregores.

These anomalous properties are a result of SCP-6160’s origin as an engineered memetic project for GRU Division ‘P’. SCP-6160 was never deployed by GRU Division ‘P’, rather it was modified and deployed for use by remnants following the collapse of the Soviet Union, as detailed below in Addendum D.

Discovery:

On 18/7/1992, A.I. Agapov2 presented himself at the Foundation's Moscow office, bringing with him knowledge of SCP-6160, and related documents, in exchange for a hundred thousand USD's worth in rubles.




Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License