SCP-6141

rating: +50+x

warning.png
Item#: 6141
Level2
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
keneq
Risk Class:
caution

Special Containment Procedures: The eastern hemisphere is to be constantly monitored with satellites in low earth orbit. These satellites are to be mounted with cameras capable of resolution which can resolve details that are indicative of SCP-6141 presence at the street level. Details indicative of the presence of SCP-6141 include:

  1. The lack of any functioning automobiles, commonly rusted and missing wheels as if exposed to the elements for far longer than elapsed time would indicate, when previously vehicles were maintained and functioning.
  2. The lack of a population, and lack of evidence that a population previously has inhabited the town or city in decades, when previously there was a population and activity.
  3. The lack of maintenance to structures commonly left overgrown with foliage and beginning to deteriorate, when structures previously were maintained and undamaged.

Should any of these signs be detected, then a small security unit led by a volunteer researcher, or doctor, of level two access or above will enter the area and seek out SCP-6141. Upon locating SCP-6141, the researcher will engage in conversation with the entity and after finishing the conversation, leave the area. Any experiments on or interviewing of SCP-6141 should be done during this time. Personnel is required to be respectful and professional with the Entity during the conversation, though are not required to be clinical.

SCP-6141 is considered contained when twenty-four (24) hours pass and the entity’s effect ceases. The general population should be interviewed post-containment under the guise of a government census. During containment, roads into the area should be blocked under the explanation that an accident has occurred ahead. During the interview process with the general population post-event, interviewers must avoid informing the interviewed that substantial time may have passed without them noticing. Should any of the affected become conscious that time has passed without their knowledge, and begin to show signs of nervousness and or panic, apply Class-C Amnestics.

The researcher in charge of containment must be fluent in the language common to the area that SCP-6141 has manifested in. Personnel must leave the five (5) kilometer radius around the entity within the twenty-four (24) hours after having conversed with the Entity.

Description: SCP-6141 is a human adult male, appearing between twenty-five (25) and thirty (30) years old1, approximately two (2) meters in height. SCP-6141 takes the ethnicity, language, and culture of the majority population as its own depending on where it is currently located. SCP-6141 is commonly seen wearing camouflaged clothing, balaclavas, a load-bearing vest, a backpack, and other miscellaneous casual wear typical of the local cultural lower class. SCP-6141 has manifested with firearms of various models.2

SCP-6141 manifests in inhabited locations with an approximate population between five thousand (5,000) and twenty-five thousand (25,000) in the eastern hemisphere of Earth. SCP-6141's manifestation causes its surroundings to enter a state of advanced urban decay, and the disappearance of all persons living therein. After its departure, these changes are reverted, with the inhabitants of the region retaining no memory of their temporary absence.

Upon manifestation, SCP-6141 is already present in the center of the area with a makeshift campfire already created. Unless directly conversed with, SCP-6141 is content to simply sit there doing idle tasks, such as creating wooden trinkets, playing the guitar, or cooking. When SCP-6141 sees fit to end the instance and leave, it will put out the fire (ensuring no embers remain) and pack its things.

I am curious as to why SCP-6141 only manifests in the eastern hemisphere. Is it their home? Does it have to do with their origins? We've asked time and time again, yet they've always said they've told us already. I can't figure it out.

-Doctor Blackwell


Even if an instance of SCP-6141 lasts for a month or more, the population assumes that they've done their usual mundane domestic activities during that time. If an affected individual is informed that from an outside perspective a substantial amount of time has passed, they will display extreme discomfort, confusion, and anxiety. This suggests that these memories are made up subconsciously to attempt to explain why they’ve seemingly “lost time”. Afterward, when asked if they've seen SCP-6141 when presented a photo, the affected will at some point in their timeline know the exact time, date, and location of where they have seen SCP-6141.

Adolescent behavior regarding SCP-6141 is the opposite. Adolescents realize to a degree that time has been “lost” and cannot provide an explanation of what happened from the start of the instance of SCP-6141 to the end. This effect has been shown to not be detrimental to public health so long as Class-C Amnestics are applied to those afflicted3.

The Jury is still out on what exactly is causing these memory-time problems that the denizens experience. A psychologist friend of mine suspects that it simply has to do with how older patients recall information less accurately than younger patients. Probably correct, but that still leaves needing to explain all their reactions to time loss. Not to mention Frederick Stenger's account. Maybe it is something 6141 can control? Either way, I am going to need more Ibuprofen.

-Doctor Blackwell


SCP-6141 is non-hostile, and will not engage Foundation personnel. Despite having ready access to a weapon, SCP-6141 has never drawn it in hostility, nor fired upon Foundation personnel. When being conversed with, SCP-6141 responds in the language relevant to the area it has arrived at and fully understands what is being spoken to it regardless of the language used. This is why either an interpreter or researcher fluent in the language is required to understand SCP-6141. Personnel who have spoken with SCP-6141 feel them to be “warm”, “kind”, and “lighthearted”.

SCP-6141 commonly discusses existential topics and thoughts, these thoughts typically surround the “indomitable nature of the human spirit in the face of adversity”, as well as the “soul’s connection to music and the universe'', these discussions are generally upbeat and positive. SCP-6141’s speeches in fact have a non-anomalous morale-boosting effect on personnel and are being copied down for use in motivational media for Foundation personnel, with SCP-6141’s permission4.

SCP-6141’s infatuation in this discussion however is, quote. “The ability for humanity to be able to overpower the feeling of emptiness through willpower and friendship alone, to realize that no man or woman is alone in the darkness”. If confronted with the idea that its beliefs are false, SCP-6141 will present a case-by-case basis of events that the “human spirit has persevered despite the crushing darkness” to back up their beliefs.

  • Notable Events Mentioned by SCP-6141 include but are not limited to:
    • The April 26th 1986 Chernobyl Nuclear Meltdown
    • The September 11th 2001 Terror Attacks.
    • World War One
    • World War Two
    • ██████
    • The Black Plague
    • The Bronze Age Collapse
    • The Site-██ Containment Breach of ██/██/19██

SCP-6141 was first discovered on 3/20/2008 in the town of Khoni, in the country of Georgia after detecting an alarming cessation of telecommunications activity. SCP-6141 was seen by a team of agents at a makeshift campfire, preparing “Chakhokhbili”5. Assuming hostility, the agents drew their firearms, however at the behest of the agent in charge on scene, Agent Levan, they holstered their weapons upon approach. Agent Levan and their team then took seats with SCP-6141 at its request. At the time, only Agent Levan could understand the Entity, due to SCP-6141 and Agent Levan being the only ones who could speak and understand Georgian. Agent Levan then began conversing with SCP-6141 (see Addendum.6141.1).

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License