SCP-6139
rating: +35+x

Item #: SCP-6139

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6139 is to be kept in a standard humanoid containment chamber, fitted with a 250W ultraviolet ceiling lamp. A CCTV security system has been installed in the cell to monitor SCP-6139 daily for any changes in position.

In the event of a breach, the current instance of SCP-6139-1 is to be identified, brought to the containment chamber, and rendered unconscious. The UV light will then be reactivated when SCP-6139's presence is confirmed.

Description: SCP-6139 is a hairless, androgynous humanoid entity measuring 4 meters in height, with dark purple skin and an emaciated build. Small white skin discolorations are present across SCP-6139’s body. Instead of hands, SCP-6139 possesses long, blade-like protrusions on the ends of its forearms, composed of stainless steel.

Under normal circumstances, SCP-6139 is impossible to visually perceive; while the exact mechanisms of this trait are unclear, ultraviolet light from an artificial source1 can both reveal and paralyze the entity. Due to this, SCP-6139’s regular behavior has been difficult to document.

At any given time, SCP-6139 targets a specific human being, designated as SCP-6139-1. After a period of 30 to 31 days, SCP-6139 will enter a dormant state for three days, before the nearest individual is chosen as the new SCP-6139-1. This property also persists if SCP-6139-1 dies.

When not paralyzed, SCP-6139 will attempt to locate SCP-6139-1 whenever the latter sleeps. This behavior will cease each time SCP-6139-1 awakens. If SCP-6139 is able to reach SCP-6139-1 during the former's active period, it will make small, shallow cuts in SCP-6139-1’s skin using its blades. This behavior lasts until SCP-6139-1 wakes.

Based on Foundation analysis of the patterns SCP-6139 creates, it is assumed that the entity is attempting to create a full-body "tattoo" (designated as SCP-6139-2); however, SCP-6139-2 appears to be too large and intricate to be completed before a new SCP-6139-1 instance is chosen. Attempts to reconstruct SCP-6139-2 from its fragments are underway. See Addendum-6139-C.

Addendum-6139-A: Discovery

SCP-6139 was discovered on 09/12/2005, after MTF Epsilon-6 (“Village Idiots”) was sent to investigate reports of “paranormal activity” in the rural town of █████ ██████, Pennsylvania. Epsilon-6 was unable to conclusively identify any anomalous phenomena, however.

On their return trip, Operative Jack Flemmin began waking up at irregular points every night, with small scars appearing on the dorsal side of his left hand. These effects persisted over the next week.

SCP-6139 was eventually revealed after Flemmin visited a tanning salon on his leave, and SCP-6139’s entire right side was paralyzed when the tanner was activated, causing it to trip. Noticing the entity’s partially illuminated form, Flemmin notified Area-179, and SCP-6139 was apprehended with minimal incident.

During the first tests, a tracking band was attached to SCP-6139's arm while it was incapacitated, before the chamber's overhead UV light was turned off. Notably, the band was also rendered invisible by the entity's "camouflage". Using the tracker, a broad depiction of SCP-6139's movements could be determined, which mostly consisted of pacing, waiting at the door of the chamber, and standing still at the center of the room.

Six hours into testing, the tracking band reappeared on the floor, its casing having been bisected. Simultaneously, the chamber door had a rectangular section carved out of its center, which was then pushed out into the main facility. SCP-6139 could not be located in the immediate area.

Three hours after this event, Flemmin reported he had been woken up by a sharp pain on his bicep. A UV floodlight was subsequently activated in the security dormitory, and SCP-6139 was relocated and secured in its current containment chamber.

Addendum-6139-B: Breach Report

On 10/21/2005, SCP-6139 escaped containment after its cell was damaged in an unrelated attack. After SCP-6139 was discovered to be missing, Operative Flemmin was ordered to sleep in the containment chamber. However, there were no signs of SCP-6139 for 7 hours.

As researchers had no knowledge of SCP-6139's radius of effect, recontainment was only achieved the next day, after Security Staff Jacob Shwarts reported a small pattern of cuts on his shin.

SCP-6139's "shuffling" effect was subsequently determined after two months of testing, and integrated into the containment procedure. No further incidents have occurred as of yet.

Addendum-6139-C: Reconstruction Of Pattern

On 06/17/2013, Foundation researchers were able to fully reconstruct SCP-6139-2, using over sixty incomplete reference photos obtained from over seven years of testing. Examination of the tattoo style revealed several broad similarities to Indigenous Caribbean Tattoo, but no directly correlative imagery.

SCP-6139-2 was then inscribed onto a styrofoam mannequin, to determine if it possessed any innate anomalous properties. 30 seconds after the pattern was completed, the mannequin appeared to abruptly vanish. However, attendant researchers were still able to touch it when moving their hands through the space it occupied.

When Junior Researcher Cartier Clyde activated a miniature UV flashlight on his keyring, the illuminated portion of the mannequin was immediately revealed, showing that its surface had adopted a color and patterning similar to SCP-6139's, although with much larger white spots.

Additionally, the mannequins' hands were discoverd to have fallen off, replaced by small implements identical in appearance to silver butterknives.

Proposals to incorporate SCP-6139-2 into Foundation espionage operations are pending O5 review.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License