SCP-6138

rating: +16+x
Item#: 6138
Level3
Containment Class:
safe
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
danger

Special Containment Procedures: All instances of SCP-6138 and SCP-6138-2 have been removed from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Linkedin, Daily Motion, TikTok, and all other platforms and forums they had been posted on. A team of Foundation staff has been tasked with monitoring all attempts to access SCP-6138 via the internet. A single copy of SCP-6138 has been burned onto a CD which is contained in a standard object containment locker at Site-42.

All instances of SCP-6138-1, including civilians who had been under SCP-6138’s influence before SCP-6138’s containment, are to be kept in a standard humanoid containment cell at Site 42. Instances of SCP-6138-1 are to be denied all object requests outside of testing but are to be allowed access to their Foundation-issued companion guinea pigs at all times. Instances of SCP-6138-1 are to be kept under constant surveillance.

Temporary Containment Procedures: SCP-6138 is not to be tested until such a time as it is determined whether or not its effects can be reversed, at which point testing procedures and parameters will be reviewed by the O5 Council and the Ethics Committee.
~Overruled- See Addendum 6138.4

There are to be no greater than ten (10) instances of SCP-6138-1 available for testing at any given time. Any civilian instances of SCP-6138-1 are not to be tested on or administered any sort of treatment until a reversal method has been tested successfully, verified, and approved by the O5 Council.

Description: SCP-6138 is a five-video series of cognitohazardous lifestyle/motivational videos titled "lyfe kontrol by dado", made by POI "dado". It was posted on a variety of video-sharing platforms for free viewing. These videos display a low production quality with most visual elements of the video appearing to be over-saturated stock images or images of a guinea pig identified as dado's hamster 'robert mitchell' presented via PowerPoint, and many of the audio segments are distorted. When captions are written in the video, they are hard to read1. Research Staff has determined that this fact renders the episodes impossible to fully comprehend by solely following captions. At the end of each episode is a slide including a phone number and email to which viewers can reach out for 'fine product'.

The anomalous effects of SCP-6138 occur when subjects observe the entire series with audio and video actively engaged. SCP-6138 can be safely observed when video and audio are observed separately. Watching SCP-6138 causes gradual but drastic personality changes followed by physical transfiguration2, resulting in instances of SCP-6138-1, presumed replicas of POI "dado". These replicas have an antimemetic effect, causing all who see them to instantly forget their (SCP-6138-1's) appearance3. The prevailing hypothesis as to why dado instated this effect is that he may not want anyone to know what he looks like. This antimemetic effect does not apply to the subject's voice4 and any information obtained from conversations with instances of SCP-6138-1 will be retained. Research is underway as to whether these effects are permanent.

SCP-6138-2 refers to advertisements made for SCP-6138 and distributed on the same forums. These videos are similar in format and production value to SCP-6138 and contain memetic properties influencing people who view them to watch SCP-6138. Instances of SCP-6138-2 always play before or in the middle of a video by another creator in the style of YouTube ads and current research has been unable to identify a pattern of whom they are shown to or why. Upon further investigation, it has been confirmed that these ads are not officially licensed ads from any of the platforms on which they are displayed.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License