SCP-6098
rating: +66+x

> WELCOME, O5-6.

access file scp-6098

> ACCESSING FILE: SCP-6098


6/6098 LEVEL 6/6098
CLASSIFIED
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
Item #: SCP-6098
Keter
deepsea

Image taken during contact with SCP-6098


Special Containment Procedures: Area-17 is to be a lake.

Foundation personnel are prohibited from interacting with SCP-6098 under any circumstances. Any known personnel known to have interacted with SCP-6098, barring O5 personnel, are to be terminated immediately.

Knowledge of SCP-6098 is restricted only to those with O5/6098 clearance. All personnel crewing Area-17 are forbidden to interact with SCP-6098 unless they have O6/6098 clearance.

O6/6098 clearance is only to be given to those who are loyal.

O5-6 is presently the only individual with O6/6098 clearance.

Description: SCP-6098 is a sapient hivemind species of water dwelling organisms. Each individual bears a heavy resemblance to worms, though the form of each individual is shifting and unable to be otherwise quantified.

SCP-6098 can be found in any body of water that is considered a lake. SCP-6098 instances will always be present if the individual knows of SCP-6098's existence.

If communication is established, the individual is suddenly transported to an abyssal plain surrounded by extraordinarily large bones and detritus. GPS tracking of all individuals have shown no change in location. Video and audio recording devices function normally and are able to record the visual anomaly in addition to capturing SCP-6098's vocalizations.

Regardless of any obstructions such as water, breathing apparatus, or otherwise, SCP-6098 will understand any individual attempting to communicate with it. SCP-6098 may choose to speak to the individual, described by test subjects as many SCP-6098 instances vocalizing in unison.

All mud and water samples brought back have shown no anomalous properties. All attempts at retrieving a sample of an SCP-6098 instance have been met with failure.

SCP-6098 claims to possess all knowledge that is considered secret or unknown. The exact mechanism by which it acquires this knowledge and the exact parameters that knowledge is considered 'secret' or 'unknown' is not understood at this time. Though SCP-6098 is cooperative in giving this knowledge, it does not tend to give any information that is not of relevance to the individual speaking to SCP-6098. It has a tendency to give information in excess of what was being asked for and is capable of giving cognitohazardous information.

All verifiable information given by SCP-6098 thus far has been shown to be true.

Addendum.6098.TESTING_LOGS_6098:

Test #1
Date: 15/10/1989
Information Sought: Password to the personal computer of deceased researcher Holly Willow
Test Subject: Researcher Jay Willow
Background: Researcher Jay Willow was the romantic partner and spouse of Holly Willow. Holly Willow never gave out the password to her computer and when she passed it was inaccessible.
Results: SCP-6098 gave Researcher Jay Willow the password to Holly Willow's computer. Additionally, SCP-6098 informed Researcher Jay Willow that her partner still loved her.

Test #2
Date: 04/02/1990
Information Sought: A proof rejecting or confirming Goldbach's Conjecture
Test Subject: Dr. George Harker
Background: Dr. Harker was a mathmetician who had spent a large portion of his career working on determining a proof rejecting or confirming Goldbach's Conjecture, a famous unsolved problem in mathematics.
Results: SCP-6098 did not vocalize their response, indicating that the video and audio feed do not capture the entirety of the location. When Dr. Harker returned, he set to work on the conjecture, confirming the conjecture within 2 days. Results are kept confidential from the greater public. Dr. Harker's mental state began to deteriorate over the next 8 days, the doctor saying that the numbers had started whispering secrets he didn't want to him. Following amnestication, Dr. Harker's mental state returned to normal. Testing protocol and equipment was updated with cognitohazard countermeasures.

Test #3
Date: 27/06/1991
Information Sought: The origin of SCP-6098
Test Subject: Researcher Samuel Micheals
Background: Dr. Micheals had been a researcher at Area-17.
Results:

Test #4
Date: 05/13/1992
Information Sought: Where is she.
Test Subject: O5-corrupt1
Background: [DATA EXPUNGED]
Results: O5-corrupt2 was not retrieved. Video log was not retrieved.
Test #5
Date: 05/14/1992
Information Sought: The location of O5-corrupt3
Test Subject: O5-6
Background: See results of Test #4
Results: O5-corrupt5.png's body was recovered along the coast of Yemen. Video log was not retrieved. Containment procedures were updated. Test protocol was updated.

Test #6
Date: 05/15/1992
Information Sought: Where is she.
Test Subject: O5-6
Background: [DATA EXPUNGED]
Results: No answer is given. Video log was not retrieved.

TEST #7 EXPUNGED FROM RECORD


> O6/6098 CLEARANCE DETECTED. WOULD YOU LIKE TO ACCESS LOG 6098.07?

yes

> ACCESSING MATERIALS…

> DISPLAYING FILE 1/1

Test #7
Date: 11/21/1996
Information Sought: Where is she.
Test Subject: MTF Agent agent1.png
Background: PROJECT: Anethema
Results: MTF Agent agent2.png was not retrieved. Video and audio logs were retrieved. Containment procedures updated. All prior test subjects liquidated, excluding O5-6. O5-6's operations moved to Area-17. O5-6 given sole, complete control over Area-17 and SCP-6098. MTF Agent agent3.png designated persona non-grata - termination pending.

/auth/546ox1bo2bl_ckw@1fBl(a)ckWulf_\/\/h1_d0_y0|_|_fi1g1/upload

> Authentification Recieved. Uploading file…
> ERROR:
> MASSIVE DATA CORRUPTION DETECTED.
> ASSESSING DATA CORRUPTION …
> AFFECTED DATA UNRECOVERABLE

logout

> Would you like to fill the SCP-6098 slot before you logout?

no

> Logging user out …

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License