SCP-6094
  • rating: +53+x

Item#: 6094
Level2
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
warning

05_28_20_South_Minneapolis_(51177808789)

Aftermath of activation of an SCP-6094-04 instance, believed to be a result of effects on a granite countertop.

Special Containment Procedures: Foundation web-crawlers are to continuously monitor websites containing potential SCP-6094 instances. Review of any potential matches is subject to specialized monitoring and identification protocols, which should include direct searches and analysis of no more than 25% of constituent text from any single given instance by any single web-crawler or analogous Foundation software.1

Law enforcement reports, online forums and media, and external news sources are to be similarly monitored for any potential references to SCP-6094 instances and activation events, with special focus given to reports indicative of novel versions beyond those already cataloged; as well as any potential leads relating to Person-of-Interest 6094 (PoI-6094)’s identity, background, scope of anomalous capabilities, and/or their possible accomplices. External incidents involving the activation of any SCP-6094 instance are subject to immediate response by Mobile Task Force Beta-777 ("Hecate's Spear"), with appropriate amnesticization and misinformation protocols application tailored to the context of any particular version of SCP-6094 involved in any given incident.

Description: SCP-6094 is the collective designation of at least twenty-four related versions of thaumaturgically charged text that continuously appear and self-propagate across the internet.2 Each version closely resembles standard Lorem Ipsum placeholder text commonly used in physical and virtual modern written media (such as new or unfinished web pages where SCP-6094 tends to manifest), with instances textually differing only slightly from non-anomalous pieces of text, as well as from each other.

Activation of an instance of SCP-6094 results when an individual visually perceives and actively begins to read (whether audibly or silently) any part of the constituent text. Onset of effects usually begins about 25% to 35% of the way through in most cases across most versions, with the strength of their effects usually increasing in some manner based upon the reader’s continued progression. Though this renders small enough portions of the text to be effectively non-anomalous if removed from the rest of the instance, it also enables new instances to spread unnoticed for extended periods of time.

Artificial intelligences can usually trigger SCP-6094's effects by the same methods as humans, though the nature of the effects on any artificial programs and constructs may vary somewhat based on the exact properties of a given version. New SCP-6094 instances can appear after an existing instance has been activated by spreading to some other open or recently accessed web page on the device from which it was activated. This is the only known way new instances are generated. (Update: See Addendum 6094.03)

Other than this common method of propagation, the exact anomalous effects of each version of SCP-6094 text when activated vary significantly from version to version. However, each has so far been found to contain one or more changes based on wordplay, based on English, Latin, or both; or otherwise intuitive references to the nature of a given version's anomalous effect, always at least partially contained within the first sentence and its own textual deviations. However, such “clues” are usually too vague to convey any particularly meaningful details to a reader without actually reading along far enough to trigger the effect anyway and thus experience the results, leading to a fairly limited utility of this property.


Addendum 6094.01: Documented Versions and Effects


The following entries consist of the first sentence from known versions of SCP-6094.3 Words diverging from standard, non-anomalous Lorem Ipsum are coded in blue, with particular mutations that specifically appear to refer to or indicate an instance's particular activation effect bolded as well.


Addendum 6094.02: Investigation into Origins of SCP-6094


Research into the origins of SCP-6094 eventually led to the discovery of relevant posts by an individual posting under the user ID "ModernMagicModder" on the deep web forum "BlackHatSorcery", which is primarily geared towards discussions, guides, and broader developments regarding techno-thaumaturgical practices; especially in regard to usage in conducting various criminal and illicit activities.

Summary


Confirmation of the veracity of the connections to SCP-6094 and related claims made by the user known as ModernMagicModder took major investments of time, manpower, and technical resources. Two specialized Deep-web crawlers and one specialized AI construct were irreparably damaged and ultimately decommissioned due to various defensive wards, glyphs, and rituals, (as well as at least one advanced but ultimately non-anomalous virus) embedded within the site to deter and/or disable any outside scrutiny.

After twenty-four days of attempts to clandestinely access the forum meeting varying levels of success, enough evidence was gathered to establish with a significant level of confidence the direct involvement of ModernMagicModder in the creation and dissemination of SCP-6094; they have been designated Person-of-Interest 6094 (PoI-6094) as a result.

Though little is yet known about the identity or personal background of PoI-6094, some important facts and information about their abilities and motivation in creating SCP-6094 have been gleaned from the accessed forum posts and comments. Relevant Samples are included below:

BlackHatSorcery posts

The following is a representative sample of relevant conversations involving screened and modified-as-needed to remove or neutralize any latent thaumaturgic hazards.



UPDATE 02/06/2022: Continued clandestine monitoring of the BlackHatSorcery deep-web forum identified by Foundation agents identified a then-ongoing conversation between PoI-6094 and other members of the site, wherein they appear to realize Foundation involvement in ongoing containment and suppression of SCP-6094 and resulting incidents of anomalous activity. The following transcript was retrieved and is included below:


NOTE: As the Foundation had already surpassed the heavy security measures (anomalous and non-anomalous) and encryption to infiltrate the BlackHatSorcery forums, live-monitoring agents were able to transcribe this last thread in real-time before it could be deleted.8 Other threads even tangentially related or alluding to SCP-6094 activity on the forums were quickly deleted as well.


Addendum 6094.03: New Versions


From June 7 to June 10, 2022, the Foundation discovered that at least four new versions of SCP-6094 have been introduced and have begun to propagate. The first instances of each were discovered within less than four hours of each other. Unlike most of the initial versions, these new versions of SCP-6094 appear to have been geared toward initiating a much more aggressive spread of SCP-6094 as a whole, and/or obfuscating Foundation efforts at suppressing its influence. A description and partial segment for each new iteration, gleaned from a mix of initial D-class test runs and external incident monitoring, is given below:



Due to the inherent and increasing risk of continued experimentation, all further testing has been suspended indefinitely, and phenomenological research should be refocused solely to external incidents.

Additionally, as of June 9, 2022, Foundation researchers and software have lost access to BlackHatSorcery deep web forums. Additional staff and resources have been assigned to assist in bypassing the presumably upgraded cybersecurity and thaumaturgical defenses of the site, as well as to bolster efforts more broadly in investigating, identifying, and eventually apprehending PoI-6094.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License