SCP-6090

rating: +66+x

Once upon a time we ruled over all.
Our Queen and her Sister stood so tall.
But then Our Queen's Sister would have the gall,
To embrace the lesser beneath us all.
She loved both Mortals and all of Nature,
So Our Queen twisted their forms to mock her.
Turning Nature into weapons for us.
Making it so wondrously dangerous.
Even now, we can wield her power still.
We can bend all of Nature to our will.
Even these tiny organic machines,
Spread Our Queen's curse by their infectious means.
Turning men to beasts is only the start.
We won't stop 'til we've reclaimed Our Queen's Heart.
Even now Mortals still use its power,
To run a Factory so vile and dour.
Someday we'll bring it all crashing down.
Then Our Queen will rise and reclaim her crown.
Knowing who we are does nothing for you.
Get in our way again, and you'll fall too.

— The Mabbites

Item#: 6090
Level2
Containment Class:
esoteric
Secondary Class:
florgalana
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
danger

SECURITY BREACH 2021-06-14


A remote attempt was made to modify this file. An infohazard was conceptually attached. Attempts to remove it are still ongoing.

Supermoon_Nov-14-2016-minneapolis.jpg

Full Moonlight is a cognitohazard for both SCP-6090-A and SCP-6090-B instances.

Item #: SCP-6090

Object Class: Keter Flor Galana1

Special Containment Procedures: All infected non-human organisms will henceforth be referred to as SCP-6090-A instances. SCP-6090-A instances are to be kept in standard animal containment units. All contact between SCP-6090-A instances and non-infected animals is strictly prohibited without approval from a researcher with Level 3 or higher clearance. All contact is to be closely monitored at all times; all safeguards are to be taken to prevent bleeding injuries or any other potential methods of bodily fluid contamination. If contamination does occur, the potentially infected individual is to be immediately given medical aid, administered analgesics2, and observed for no less than one hour.

All SCP-6090-A instances are to be prevented from exposure to light from a full moon3, outside of experiments authorized by a researcher with Level 3 or higher clearance. Any SCP-6090-A instance that is exposed is to be guarded and closely monitored for any attempts to breach containment. All contact with exposed SCP-6090-A instances is strictly prohibited and any exposed SCP-6090-A instances that breach containment are to be terminated immediately. SCP-6090-A instances that exhibit excessive aggressive behavior outside of exposure are to be euthanized if deemed a threat to Foundation personnel.

All infected humans will henceforth be referred to as SCP-6090-B instances. To preserve the Veil of Secrecy, all SCP-6090-B instances are to be relocated to domiciles within anomalous communities under the terms of F.A.C.T.4, unless Foundation containment is deemed necessary and permitted under its exception clauses. All SCP-6090-B instances within the Foundation, contained or employed, are to be provided with appropriate amenities for their unique physiology, in addition to standard humanoid amenities.

SCP-6090-B instances contained by the Foundation are to be prevented from exposure to light from a full moon outside of experiments authorized by a researcher with Level 3 or higher clearance. SCP-6090-B instances employed by the Foundation are strongly advised to avoid exposure to full moonlight. Any SCP-6090-B instance that is exposed will be provided with any necessary mood suppressing medications, to be determined on an individual basis, and receive a psychological intervention if appropriate.

Description: SCP-6090 is a zoonotic blood-borne virus with universal tropism, known to affect all organisms in the phylum Chordata,5 though its effects are noticeably different in humans. The virus can only spread by direct bodily fluid contamination, and is only viable for up to 24 hours outside of a living host. The infection rate varies widely depending on the method of transmission and the species involved in the transmission.

SCP-6090 is incurable in all cases. As of new findings made during and after Incident-6090-1, SCP-6090 can be cured in humans via an injection derived from venom produced by SCP-6090-B instances with infection source species in the genus Crotalus. This venom has been found to contain specialized toxins and oils that specifically target SCP-6090.

SCP-6090-A instances display no physiological changes or anomalous behavior, except when exposed to the light of a full moon. Any exposed instance will display increased aggression and anti-social behavior towards all other organisms. It will be compelled to seek out and attack humans in particular, even if it has had no prior human contact. When an SCP-6090-A instance fails to find humans after a varying length of time, or if it is in a situation that would not viably allow access to humans, it will instead proceed to seek out other animals to infect, usually its own species or species it typically preys upon.

When an animal is infected with SCP-6090, the virus seems to take on a template of parts of that animal's DNA. When an SCP-6090-A instance infects an animal of a different species, another new variant of the virus is created, with a new template fitting the DNA of the new SCP-6090-A instance. The sole exception to this is humans. When an SCP-6090-A instance infects a human, their variant's template overrides parts of the human's DNA with that of the animal species, transforming them into an SCP-6090-B instance. This transformation occurs extremely rapidly, taking no longer than 11 minutes. The mechanisms behind how SCP-6090 achieves this and why it affects humans differently are not fully understood, though current findings show that it integrates itself with human cells, becoming something akin to a new organelle within them.

SCP-6090-B instances are polymorphic entities with the ability to shape-shift, hereby referred to as Therianthropes. They can alter at will their physiology between a humanoid form and a specimen of the animal species that infected them. However, humans that become infected with SCP-6090 cannot return to their original non-anomalous human form. They typically have two forms which they are able to shape-shift between upon getting infected, though other intermediary forms may be obtained with practice:

  • Base Form: The humanoid form and the one that new SCP-6090-B instances assume upon infection. The body is almost entirely human, except for a functional animal tail attached at the coccyx, and an animal-like head, also known as Theriocephaly.6 SCP-6090-B instances have been found to have enhancements to their senses7 and internal physiology, which can vary with the infection source animal species. Experiments with these enhancements are still ongoing, with investigations into their possible application to create specialized MTFs and field agents.
  • Feral Form: The animal form, which is virtually indistinguishable from a specimen of the animal species that infected them. The only time it becomes apparent that this is an SCP-6090-B instance is when it shape-shifts its head to the same Theriocephaly physiology of its Base Form, or shape-shifts the extremities of its forelimbs to bear physiological similarities to human hands. This can happen involuntarily when an instance engages in simple human activities while in this form, such as talking or manipulating objects designed for humans.
  • Other Forms: With practice, an SCP-6090-B instance can partially shape-shift its Base Form to possess further physiological traits of its Feral Form, beyond its head and tail.
    • Nails: The most commonly seen and easily attainable of this polymorphism is shape-shifting the nails of its extremities to possess a similar structure and properties to the equivalent claws, talons, hooves or other digit endpoints of their infection source animal species, including replicating the sub-unguis layer not present in human nails.
    • Skin: The second most common polymorphism is the ability to produce the same fur, scales, feathers or other skin growths of its infection source animal species over the skin of specific dermatomes or the entire body.
    • Advanced: More advanced polymorphism, which involves alterations to its underlying musculature and skeletal structure to create hybrid structures between human and its infection source species, is possible, but has been rarely observed, implying that extensive practice is needed to attain it. The most common amongst the limited observations is alteration of its leg structure to more closely resemble the hind limbs of its infection source animal species.

Upon infection, SCP-6090-B instances gain a natural proficiency for operating their Feral Form and shape-shifting into it with minimal conscious effort. SCP-6090-B instances also gain new instincts and behaviors specific to their infection source species, but these are not particularly compulsive or overpowering. In the case of some infection source species, some of these new instincts and behaviors may also manifest in the instance's Base Form, but to a much lesser extent than in its Feral Form.

As of new findings made during and after Incident-6090-1, it is theorized that SCP-6090-A instances of anomalous animal species pass on their anomalous traits to all SCP-6090-B instances they infect. This has been demonstrated with an infected instance of SCP-3577. Further experimentation with other anomalous animal species and SCP-6090 is still pending approval.

When exposed to the light of a full moon, SCP-6090-B are also compelled to spread SCP-6090 to other humans, though the compulsion is usually subtle and can be resisted easily. Most instances tend to describe it as "an itch [it] can't scratch," though for some resistance is more difficult, requiring mood altering medication and psychological intervention. Investigation is still ongoing into possible correlations between an instance's level of compulsion and its personality and overall mental stability outside of full moonlight exposure.

Addendum: New findings obtained during Incident-6090-1 have led to the potential discovery of the origins of SCP-6090. It is now theorized to be an ancient bioweapon created by the Fae to act as a carrier for a Fae Curse. Investigations into this theory are still ongoing, and include the possibility that some inhabitants of the place that may only be described are actually SCP-6090-B instances. It is also possible that the Shakespeare play, A Midsummer Night's Dream, may in fact be the last remnant of a Test Log for SCP-6090 and other Fae-created chemical and biological weapons, with the character Nick Bottom being a test subject for SCP-6090 infection.

WARNING: INCIDENT-6090-1 FILES ARE LEVEL 3/6090 CLASSIFIED


ANY ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THESE FILES WITHOUT LEVEL 3/6090 AUTHORIZATION WILL BE LOGGED AND WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE DISCIPLINARY ACTION.


    • _

    WARNING: SECURITY PROTOCOLS 6090-1: CODENAME RAPPORT


    Incident-6090-1 Logs are to be kept as unaltered as possible, in order to assist Foundation Psychologists, Field Negotiators and other personnel in containing PoI 6090-4342, Sandra Collins, SCP-6090-B-4342.

    ANY ATTEMPT TO ALTER THESE FILES WITHOUT PROPER AUTHORIZATION WILL BE LOGGED AND WILL LEAD TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION.


    Section 1: GoI-466 Correspondence:

    Section 2: Interview Log:

    Section 3: Convoy Logs:

    Section 4: Forest Logs:

    Section 5: Post-Incident Report

    Section 6: Debriefing Logs:


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License