SCP-6086

CONTENT WARNING


The following article contains depictions of severe physical and psychological torture, detailed descriptions of gore, as well as eugenics and dehumanization.

Read at your own discretion.



rating: +89+x
3/6086 LEVEL 3/6086
CLASSIFIED
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
Item #: SCP-6086
Neutralized

The following documents have been first compiled on the 12th of June 1906. Since the neutralization of the anomalous entity, on the 2nd of October 1912, no changes to the document have been made, outside of transcribing the file to a digital format.

Due to the above reasons, the following file is classified as archived and does not represent modern and current containment standards deployed by the Foundation.

Any complaints to the Ethics Committee about actions taken toward SCP-6086 and treatment of the anomaly will not be accepted.

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6086 is to be contained within a chamber that allows for easy access and movements for a human-sized entity. The door is to be compromised of heavily resistant materials and possess a viewer, that would allow for an overview of the room. The containment cell is not allowed to possess windows or similar objects.

The recommended furnishment of the room is as follows:

  • A bed,
  • A toilet with active plumbing,
  • A shower with a drain that cannot be removed without the usage of tools,
  • A single table,
  • Two chairs.

The electrical lighting within the room is to be constantly on; during emergency situations, like generator malfunction, it is perfectly acceptable to turn it off.

No objects that could potentially be used for self-harm or attacking others are allowed to be stored within the containment cell. If it is necessary to bring such objects into the chamber, they are to be removed as quickly as possible.

The amounts of nutrients and water SCP-6086 is given fall under the jurisdiction of the lead researcher of the anomaly, for experimentative purposes.

Description: SCP-6086 is a human an entity, with high biological proximity to Homo sapiens, originating from Devon, southern England. The subject is approximately 1,76 meters tall and weighs, on a daily average, 48 kilograms1 and believed to be around 71 years at the time of writing.

640px-Friern_Hospital%2C_London%3B_an_old_man%2C_emaciated%2C_viewed_from_Wellcome_V0029616.jpg

SCP-6086, 17/07/1910

The subject possesses several anomalous qualities of unknown origin, believed to mainly originate from a supernatural growth of cells in the entity's body. As a result, SCP-6086 shows high regenerative capabilities, ranging from near-instant healing of small tissue damage, like cuts or small burns, to the regeneration of whole limbs across hours; the subject is believed to be capable of regenerating any part of its body. The increased cell growth seems to also affect both the probability of formation of cancer cells, as well as the body's natural immune system, causing an often creation of cancer clusters that quickly decay.

Many superficial appendages have been found on SCP-6086's body, most likely as a result of unregulated cell division, mostly manifesting as black hard outgrowths or scaly coverings. Sections also proved the existence of multiple pseudo-organs in different parts of the body that do not serve any actual biological functions.

For the manifestation of increased cell growth to occur, the body consumes a high amount of nutrients to create necessary tissues; if done in quick succession or on a large body part, it may lead to high amounts of weight loss. As a result, SCP-6086 requires high amounts of nourishment intake to keep up with the usage of fat and muscle tissues for regeneration. To support that process, the entity is believed to possess abnormal metabolism, capable of digesting material up to 20 times the normal amount for its body weight.2

The second main anomalous effect of SCP-6086 is the capability to resist biological death, resulting in superficial immortality. The limits of the effect are unknown, but the entity showed the ability to return to a state of full biological functioning after processes that would regularly end cell regeneration, and hypothetically terminate the anomaly; examples of that are decapitation, severe whole-body burns, or dissolution in strongly acidic substances. SCP-6086 cells continue to grow and regenerate without necessary requirements for such an effect to occur in a regular being; it is unknown where the entity obtains material used for regeneration in postmortem state, as the overall body mass of the SCP-6086 doesn't shrink, or even grows, compared to the pre-termination state, during such an event. It has been observed that partially or mostly destroyed cells are still capable of regeneration.

Despite that, SCP-6086 still possesses a need for sleep and water and nutrient intake to be capable of high-level functioning; being deprived of those elements causes the entity to enter a catatonic stupor.

While it is judged that potential effects able to bypass the postmortem regeneration may exist, it is believed that SCP-6086 is impossible to neutralize with standard and easily accessible methods. It is not known whether the entity would eventually self-terminate due to old age.

Discovery of SCP-6086

SCP-6086 was found on the 2nd of June 1906 in Plymouth.3 It is believed that the entity didn't possess any living family or close friends and had been working as an independent carpenter with unregular working hours and unstable employment. The anomalous effect was discovered when a field agent, stationed in the town, observed a work accident involving SCP-6086. After an unrelated fire destroyed most of a commercial building, the entity was contracted to assist in repairs by "Parkinson and Maxwell United Restoration". Due to previously unknown structural weakness, during mentioned above day, a support column collapsed, causing grave injury to SCP-6086 and trapping it under debris. Entity succeeded in escaping from under the collapsed building, missing a leg, left hand and part of facial bone and skin, which was observed by the field agent by accident.

SCP-6086 then returned to its house, located on Alvington St, where it regenerated missing body parts; the process was seen and recorded by the agent, who managed to enter the house. Foundation personnel, stationed in Site-37, was notified and a containment procedure was initiated.

Due to the lack of human-like anomalous entities in the Foundation's care, no protocols for such a scenario existed and could be implemented. A crisis resolution meeting was held by the highest level Site-37 personnel to determine the course of action regarding SCP-6086. A transcript of the meeting is available in the file below.

Five additional field agents had been deployed in order to contain the entity, approaching it in its house at 2 AM, on the 8th of June 1906. Assigned personnel successfully apprehended SCP-6086 through physical means and forced a state of unconsciousness, after which the being had been secured and relocated to a holding cell at Site-37.

Meeting participants:

  • General Director of Site-37: Donald Miller
  • Assistant General Director: Joshua Bailey
  • Research Director: Fabian Turner
  • Security Director: Simon Ridley

Containment Log


Bailey-Rosen Proposal


Preliminary reading

Due to the importance of context in the following proposal, preliminary files have been attached. Readers are strongly advised to familiarize themselves with them, before proceeding further.




Proposal summary

The following proposal advocates for the creation of an independent Foundation department, called "The Ethics Committee". The TEC would primarily work as an advisory body to the Overseer Council and would possess all necessary resources to fulfil their duties to the highest degree possible.

All members of the Ethics Committee would be chosen internally through a voting process, requiring full approval of the governmental body called "The Internal Council". No member of the Ethics Committee can be removed from the office by a force other than the ITC. If one is chosen to be a member of the TEC, they are to abandon all current tasks and as quick as it's possible and join the designated board. Membership to the Ethics Committee is not disputable and not dependent on the willingness of the chosen individual.

After serving 10 years in the Ethics Committee, a member can choose to retire at any given time. If such an action is taken, the individual in question is to be removed from the Foundation's chain of command through a standard retiring procedure; reinstituting former board members as Foundation personnel is not allowed.

The job of the Internal Council is to regulate the internal violations of the Foundation's and the Ethics Committee's rules and remove any member abusing power given by them by the institution.

The governmental body overseeing violation outside of the Ethics Committee is the "Morality Council". The job of the MC is to oversee and review all Foundation activity to determine the best acceptable course of action.

All members of the Ethics Committee are automatically given the 5th level of clearance upon joining the council, providing them full access to all information about past and future conduct of the Foundation, that can be safely viewed.

If a violation is observed, a member of the Morality Council will be sent to inform the personnel in question of the transgression. If no proper action is taken within a reasonable time period, chosen by the deployed member of the Morality Council, the Ethics Committee can enforce its ruling using all means necessary.

All future actions taken by Foundation personnel of a potentially ambiguous moral background, have to be approved by the Morality Council before proceeding.

OVERSEER VOTE SUMMARY

STATUS
APPROVED

Ethics Committee Directive

Following the creation of the Ethics Committee, a verdict about SCP-6086 and personnel related to the anomaly was discussed by the members of the Morality Council. The information presented by the Directive isn't exclusive and only concerns matters explicitly stated. All personnel mentioned are not cleared of all charges and affairs not expressed can be grounds for future prosecution.

The Directive isn't available for appeal and can be used as grounds for other legislations for the next 30 years.

As the first verdict given by the Ethics Committee, we wanted to express special care in the handling of the case of SCP-6086. Over the past months, we performed a scrupulous investigation into the entity and all related matters and conducted over 32 interviews of personnel that took part with SCP-6086 containment and research.

The first matter that the Council decided upon, was the fact whatever SCP-6086 can be considered as human. The arguments for the human status are as such:

  • The entity possesses a physical appearance indistinguishable from a human, outside of laboratory study.
  • The entity, prior to containment, lived as a human and partook in human society.
  • The entity's mind is believed to function indistinguishable from a human; no deviances were found across its containment.
  • The entity considers itself to be human.

While the arguments for the lack of human status are as such:

  • The entity's whole existence is dependent on the anomaly; the underlying biology of the entity is formed by the anomalous effect.
  • The anomaly is an inherent part of the entity, instead of an outside effect.

Accepting all of these statements as true, we came to the conclusion that SCP-6086 is not human, and cannot be considered as such in future documents and legislation.

Nonetheless, the question that comes after this verdict is what is the consequence of SCP-6086 not being human. As it stands today, no regulations regarding the containment of humans exist, and SCP specimen, but since the verdict states that the entity is not human, that has proven to be of no consequence for this case.

Instead, regulations regarding the containment of live specimens will be used. Outside of specific legislations, the set standard of procedures has been set as "enough of care to guarantee the survival of the contained entity". Given that basis, the treatment of the SCP-6086 has not been a violation of any set standard. Because of that, any actions that were taken by doctor Fabian Turner during the research and confinement of the entity cannot be used as a basis for any disciplinary action.

On the other hand, researcher Thomas Rosen has also been cleared of all charges. While breaking legislation, the action of researcher Rosan possessed no threat to the safety of the site, civilians, or Foundation personnel, and possessed no to low threat to experiment conducted. The reasoning of his conduct was seen as valid and the measure itself to be done in concern of the benefit of the Foundation.

Due to concerns of many members of Foundation personnel, SCP-6086 will be removed from Site-37 and future research will commence at Site-17; additionally, doctor Fabian Turner will be removed from the SCP-6086 research project and adequate personnel will be assigned at Site-17.


Containment Update

During relocation to Site-17, SCP-6086 was being moved to the United States Eastern Coast, more specifically Boston, via a cargo ship "Trelawney".

For the duration of the travel, SCP-6086 was confined to a room on Deck 2 of the ship, with the door being locked. Due to previous experiences with the entity, no other means of security were present directly next to it. Via unknown means, when the ship was already 450 nautical miles away from the nearest coast, the entity broke the lock, fully removing it from the door, as well as the upper door hinge, and proceeded to try to escape.

The entity was soon seen by a Foundation staff and security was informed. Due to the potential risk of SCP-6086 jumping off to the ocean, all access to the outside deck was blocked by armed personnel; it is unknown, what the consequences of such a proceeding would be — while it may be possible that it would survive this and eventually return to the coastline, or become trapped at the ocean floor, the retrieval of SCP-6086 would most likely be impossible.

As the security began moving closer into the decks and cutting of travel routes, the entity began moving downward, towards the cargo compartment. While the personnel was cutting off the access to all upper decks, using the fact that it moved into the delves of the ship, the entity barricaded itself in the cargo haul; according to the "Trelawney's" schematics, no routes off the ship exists outside of outside decks.

When a security guard broke through the barricade, he encountered SCP-6086, which was waiting next to the door. Upon entering the room, the entity initiated physical confrontation; due to fear of harming the anomaly, the guard failed to pacify it and it escaped, heading to the engine room.

The security guard proceeded to chase the entity. With three other guards joining the chase as well along the way, SCP-6086 was eventually cornered, at which point it was observed falling into the engine of the ship. It is unknown whether this was a purposeful attempt at suicide or an accident.

The entity came into contact with engine pistons, dismembering, ripping or crushing most tissues in its body. At the same time, it began regenerating its body, resulting in tissues constantly rejoining and being severed. After 26 minutes of the process, the engine was turned off and slowed down to a level that allowed for the extraction of the entity. Most likely due to extreme forces present, high temperatures, excessive amounts of body mass (including additional redundant limbs and organs) and constant regeneration cycle, SCP-6086 upon being retrieved didn't regrow its body properly, instead creating an ambiguous mass of flesh.

Currently, the entity weighs around 162 kilograms and is around 6 cubic meters in volume. Almost all body parts were fused with each other, but some level of motoric abilities is still present, mostly manifested by spasms of random muscles and movement of what is believed to be the mouth and the eyes. Data collected by Dr. Turner shows that reversing the process is, most likely, impossible.

A small amount of cell decay was observed across the whole body. No process that could potentially stop or accelerate this effect is known. SCP-6086 will most likely fully die within 5 to 10 months.

At this point, we can only hope that he is no longer conscious.

Assistant Director of Site-37
Joshua Bailey





























Overseer Council Notice

A great challenge to the Foundation was presented on the 2nd of June 1906 and many say, that this challenge was not met. The first anomaly presenting itself as a human, at least the first one we had direct conformation of, was a milestone day for our mission, a new tide that will inevitably change the course of our organization and the world as a whole.

On the 2nd of October, 1912, the anomaly known as SCP-6086 officially was designated as neutralized. The first one to be contained, as well as the first one to be lost. The existence of this entity sparked great controversy and great debates among the voices of the Foundation, and yet the horror of its demise was a topic even louder. After all, it is this being that is leading our path forward, maybe in death even more than life.

As the Overseer Council, we are introducing new rules and regulations regarding human-like creatures, renamed as 'humanoid' for the sake of clarity and ease of communication.

The standard created by the "Independent Biological Entity Act", by some known as IBE Act, proved to not be enough when dealing with a being that is not only biological and independent but also sapient and cognizant. The basis of secure containment has to provide not only the minimal standard for survival but a sufficient standard for life, for their circumstances. Not only the bare minimal physiological needs have to be taken into account, but psychological as well, as unnecessary harm brings more problems than benefits.

What has to be stated, is that the basis for this change is that of an utilitarian background and not a moral one. All Foundation personnel are reminded that prioritizing anomalies over humanity, no matter whether they are contained or not, is strictly prohibited and a violation of the highest degree.

Humanoid entities are not a group in need.

Humanoid entities are not neighbours with a world in common.

Humanoid entities are not victims.

Humanoid entities are a threat.

SECURE. CONTAIN. PROTECT.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License