SCP-6074

Item #: SCP-6074 Level 3/6074
Object Class: Thaumiel Classified
bread.jpg

Multiple instances of SCP-6074-1 in Site-109’s D-class cafeteria.

Special Containment Procedures: The SCP-6074 colony in Foundation containment is stored in an Anomalous Item Locker at Site-109. MTF Gamma-84 (“Holy Toasters”) are currently undergoing operations to contain all SCP-6074 colonies in the possession of GOI-11121. This is part of an ongoing Foundation operation to eliminate this group and to contain all anomalous items in their possession.

Any Level 3/6074 or higher Researcher may authorise the creation of SCP-6074-1 instances for the purpose of consultation on the activities of GOI-1112.

Description: SCP-6074 is a subspecies of sapient yeast2 which retains a shared consciousness between all of its cells, and all bread products baked with its cells, regardless of intervening distance. SCP-6074-1 is the designation for any bread product baked using SCP-6074. Each individual SCP-6074-1 instance has weak sensory perception of its surroundings, primarily auditory, though it has also displayed limited capacity for sight.

Additionally, SCP-6074 retains awareness of all SCP-6074-1 instances as long as their integrity remains somewhat intact. Complete natural decomposition of the bread eventually results in a total loss of SCP-6074’s connection to it, while consumed bread loses its connection after around six to ten hours, depending on gut health of the consumer.

SCP-6074 is able to communicate verbally, via a disembodied voice emitted from any SCP-6074-1 instance. This effect can occur even after significant damage to the bread product in question, including partial digestion.

Prior to containment, SCP-6074 was in the possession of GOI-1112, an ultraconservative, fundamentalist Christian sect that is currently led by POI-Σ18, an individual identifying himself as the current Ascendant Pope3. This group is known to possess multiple anomalous objects and entities of Christian origin, and often utilise these in violent pursuit of their political goals.

A raid on a GOI-1112 facility on 18/6/1992 retrieved a colony of living SCP-6074 along with multiple instances of SCP-6074-1. They were taken into containment, at which point SCP-6074’s anomalous capabilities became known. At least one other colony of SCP-6074 is still in the possession of GOI-1112, and retains a shared consciousness with the SCP-6074 colony in Foundation containment.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License