SCP-6073

rating: +92+x
2/6073 LEVEL 2/6073
CLASSIFIED
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
Item #: SCP-6073
Uncontained
WovenWraith.jpg

SCP-6073 on patrol.

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6073 is presently uncontained.

If encountered, SCP-6073 is to be subdued and held in a reinforced containment chamber at Site-43. No plant life or plant-based materials are to be brought within its immediate vicinity. The chamber is to be fitted with flame-based escape deterrents.

Description: SCP-6073 is an animate and sapient scarecrow measuring 1.8 meters in height. Although primarily comprised of packed herbaceous material, SCP-6073 has demonstrated physical strength on par with that of an average adult human male. SCP-6073 wears a thick brown coat and a straw farmer's hat at all times, in addition to a variety of combat gear depending on situational context. Its 'facial features' consist of a burlap sack with two large white buttons for eyes and no apparent mouth. Aside from stitches and holes in its body and clothing, it possesses no other distinguishing features.

While the exact parameters of its capabilities remain unclear, it has been confirmed that SCP-6073 can manipulate plantlife in its immediate vicinity. It has demonstrated the capacity to induce rapid growth in flora such as trees and grass through direct physical contact, and can telekinetically manipulate plant matter. Where possible, SCP-6073 will later reverse the alterations it has made and assume a pose of prayer in front of any plant it has thereby manipulated. After a brief period, it will then perform a formal bow.

SCP-6073 possesses the following anomalous properties:

  • The ability to mentally influence the behavior of avian life belonging to the genus Corvus;
  • The ability to dehydrate any object through physical touch.SCP-6073 uses this ability to refill its internal mass by dehydrating grass and inserting it into its body.;
  • The ability to detect living beings in its vicinity;
  • The ability to produce an apparently endless supply of toothpicks from the burlap covering its mouth region.

SCP-6073 has conducted numerous 'smash and grab' attacks against the SCP Foundation, particularly during containment and transportation operations. It does not appear to hold civilians in similar contempt, and avoids causing harm to them.

History: The Foundation was alerted to the existence of SCP-6073 in 2007 during the attempted containment of an unrelated anomaly in Winchester County, New York.



Neither SCP-6073 nor the other anomaly could subsequently be located. Although Pi-1 suffered major injuries, there were no casualties and all personnel made a full recovery. All witnesses were administered Class-A amnestics, and the blackout caused by the entity was explained under the cover story of a car accident.

SCP-6073 was designated an SCP object after this incident. Targeted searches of government and allied GOI records revealed multiple accounts of an assailant with anomalous capabilities matching those of SCP-6073.

Date Location Event
06/07/1983 Province of Matera, Italy A Global Occult Coalition task force was in the process of hunting an anomalous entity within the city sewers. While the GOC refused to reveal any details of the mission, it was known that the entity was amphibious and capable of absorbing nearby waste matter to increase its physical strength and for feeding purposes. The task force encountered the entity, but before they had the opportunity to terminate it, SCP-6073 appeared. SCP-6073 used roots found within the sewer and a machine gun to repel the operatives. The operatives attempted to combat SCP-6073 but were quickly outmatched and fled the area, allowing SCP-6073 and the entity to escape.
12/26/1991 Odessa, Ukraine Shortly after the Soviet Union officially collapsed, a secret facility in Odessa was apparently ransacked. Investigation revealed that the facility was owned by remnants of GRU Division P. The purpose of the facility was to imprison and experiment on anomalous humans from all territories of the Soviet Union. A janitor who worked and lived at the facility claimed he saw SCP-6073 freeing the prisoners from their cells and restraining the director. SCP-6073 then restrained the janitor before locking him in a closet. Neither the anomalies or the director have been seen since.
10/31/2005 New Orleans, United States A entity matching SCP-6073's description was reported to be within the French Quarter. SCP-6073 used the cover of Halloween night to converse with certain locals, claiming to be seeking a potential alliance with the 'rightful ruler of the swamp' before disappearing near Jackson Street. A representative was sent to converse with Papa Legba of La Rue Macabre; Legba claimed to have more important matters to attend to, citing an important dinner.
04/14/2006 Kenmare, Ireland As part as an ongoing campaign to eliminate wild SCP-3199, an MTF was sent to Kenmare upon reports of a single male specimen taking refuge in a nearby forest. Upon arrival they noticed the owner of the farm shivering and injured alongside the corpse of the SCP-3199 instance. A large cooler filled to the brim with SCP-3199 eggs and ice was also found nearby. Upon interrogation, the farmer explained that he had been commencing his daily duties before being attacked by SCP-3199. SCP-6073 appeared and eliminated the entity via a headshot from a sniper rifle. SCP-6073 then noticed the farmer and patched his wounds with spare cloth it had on its person. SCP-6073 then collected the eggs, told the farmer to watch over them until help arrived, and thanked him for his time before bowing and leaving. The farmer was administered Class-A amnestics and the eggs were confiscated.

Addendum-01, Raid: Analysis of all recent SCP-6073 appearances allowed for the triangulation of an approximate boundary for the entity's activity. SCP-6073 was covertly tracked back to the premises of an abandoned factory within Detroit, Michigan. MTF Pi-1 ("City Slickers") was dispatched to capture SCP-6073, and a perimeter of agents was maintained outside the factory to prevent escapes.



While there were casualties, the raid was deemed a success. Nearly half of the entities either expired in battle or were contained by the Foundation, including SCP-6073. The remainder escaped. Documents recovered from the factory mentioned a group known as the "Miracle Liberation Front," their purpose in Detroit to not only smuggle anomalies out of the city but to train and absorb them into their ranks. A cover story of a large-scale gang war was disseminated to explain the damage to the factory.

Addendum-02, Interview: SCP-6073 was sent to Site-19 and an interview was authorized in hopes of obtaining knowledge of the Miracle Liberation Front's origins and assets. SCP-6073 refused unless Agent Rodney conducted the interview. As advanced interrogation techniques proved futile against SCP-6073, this request was reluctantly approved.



A search of the Foundation database revealed that like SCP-6073, the Miracle Liberation Front had been encountered before, albeit unknowingly and not on such a dramatic scale. Proposals were drafted to exploit SCP-6073's containment as a means of combatting this Group of Interest.

Addendum-03, Containment Breach: SCP-6073 vehemently refused to divulge any further information, yet otherwise maintained a cooperative attitude. It was scheduled for transfer to Site-43 to facilitate more creative containment and interrogation approaches. Said transfer was carried out via standard armored transport. Prior to this action, a series of tests conducted on the entity to determine the limits of its capabilities concluded that it cannot further manipulate the dried plant matter comprising its own body. This proved inaccurate.



The escape left six Foundation operatives dead and one agent injured. An intensive search of the forest revealed that the blood trail left by Agent Rodney led to a nearby storm drain, and into a sewer system. The trail was prominent until after the surface was again reached, stopping at a pair of tire tracks and Agent's Rodney's discarded phone.

For one week no activity relating to SCP-6073 or Agent Rodney was reported. Agent Rodney was considered M.I.A. until he contacted the Foundation via an unregistered telephone. The call was traced back to an abandoned farm near Carnation, Washington. Agents were sent to the location and found Agent Rodney resting on the steps of the farmhouse; he was shirtless, and had a large bandage across his chest.

Agent Rodney claimed to have awoken in the farmhouse's master bedroom to see SCP-6073 watching over him. It had apparently activated Agent Rodney's body camera prior to the following conversation, which was recorded.



Investigation of the farm revealed abnormally-high Hume levels. No records of its or its former owner's existence have been found beyond the walls of the farmhouse. It has been designated an unexplained location. Its anomalous features include:

  • A large dried bloodstain on the floor of the main bedroom;
  • A framed photograph of a human male wearing overalls, glasses, and a hat nearly identical to SCP-6073's. An obscured humanoid figure is strapped to a pole in the distance;
  • Bullet holes in the living room walls. Inspection shows them to be shotgun pellets and assault rifle rounds. Only a shotgun was present in the house;
  • A grave near the barn marked by a makeshift cross. Excavation attempts invariably fail, as the nearby vegetation regrows at an extremely rapid rate;
  • A television in the living room continuously broadcasting an EAS (Emergency Alert System) message. The image and audio signals are severely degraded, and cannot be deciphered. The origin of the broadcast is unclear.

The relationship between the farm and SCP-6073 remains under investigation. SCP-6073 itself, and the Miracle Liberation Front, remain at large.

FarmerBrown2.jpg

SCP-6073 sighting in northern Manitoba, Canada.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License