SCP-6029

rating: +65+x
BigCrack.jpg

Close-up photo of SCP-6029 during first recovery.

Item #: SCP-6029

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6029 is to be kept in a containment chamber at Site-43, on a steel block measuring 50cm X 50cm X 50cm. The block is suspended from the ground through the use of powerful electromagnets built into the floor and ceiling.

The chamber is vacuum-sealed; no air is to be allowed in the chamber under any circumstances. To ensure the docility of SCP-6029, three times a day, personnel in hazmat suits must enter the chamber for feeding purposes. These personnel are to press cracked wooden boards against the block, wait for SCP-6029 to inhabit each board, then return it to the block. Personnel are strictly forbidden to make physical contact with SCP-6029. Any changes in SCP-6029's behavior are to be immediately reported to the project head.

Note: SCP-6029 is scheduled for transfer to Area-07 on 11/30/2021



Description: SCP-6029 is an entity resembling a fissure capable of traversing any form of solid matter, which it accomplishes by locomoting in a manner similar to a snake. SCP-6029's presence inherently damages the material it is inhabiting, creating additional fissures stemming directly from its main body. All damage will be reversed when SCP-6029 transfers to a new object. Transference requires two or more objects making physical contact with each other; separation of affected objects proves impossible during this process. Separation is only possible when SCP-6029 fully inhabits a single object. SCP-6029's existence is not limited to exterior surfaces, as it is fully capable of penetrating deep into an object's interior.

SCP-6029 displays signs of sentience. Its passive state consists of acquiring additional fissures from other materials. When a fissure is in close proximity to SCP-6029 it will take the most direct route to the target. When inhabiting an object it will make contact with the fissure and absorb it into its main body before becoming docile. It is believed that this behavior previously functioned as a survival mechanism to maintain its form, but due to the events of (Addendum-03), it can now sustain itself indefinitely.

SCP-6029 will enter an aggressive state when a sentient being intentionally strikes against the entity or destroys the object it is currently inhabiting. SCP-6029 will first absorb any fissures created by the assault, then make a path directly to the offending subject and attempt to attach itself to them. If successful, SCP-6029 will expand and envelop their body, remaining until expiration. SCP-6029 will then detach from the subject, and resume its passive state.

History: SCP-6029 became known to the Foundation on 08/04/2020 when videos and internet posts began circulating online, showing it absorbing a multitude of fissures on a sidewalk in San Juan Capistrano, California. MTF Epsilon-6 ("Village Idiots") was deployed to the area but faced difficulty in capturing SCP-6029 due to the nature of the anomaly. MTF Epsilon-6 eventually subdued SCP-6029 by placing a fractured brick in its path, allowing it to inhabit the object and quickly inserting it into a bucket filled with sand2 from a nearby playground. All references regarding SCP-6029 were removed from the internet and all witnesses were administered Class-A amnestics.

SCP-6029 was delivered to Site-77 after being granted SCP object status and the method MTF Epsilon-6 used on the entity was incorporated into its containment (See Archived Containment Procedures.) Upon becoming head researcher, Dr. Chet Duson commenced a series of tests to determine the extent of SCP-6029's anomalous properties.



After 7 months of successful containment of SCP-6029, Site-77 experienced a major earthquake. Though no personnel were lost, SCP-6029 was freed from its containment chamber, escaped Site-77 and disappeared into a nearby forest. It was designated a moderate-level search priority after lockdown was lifted.

Addendum-01, Diplomatic Issues: SCP-6029 resurfaced two months later within Rome, Italy after reports emerged of it absorbing various fissures within the Colosseum. SCP-6029 was contained and transferred to Site-43 due to it possessing advanced earthquake-resistant architecture. Dr. Duson also transferred to Site-43 to resume his research on the entity.

Several days later, a representative of the Council of 108 from the Global Occult Coalition contacted the Foundation regarding concerns they wished to discuss in private. A meeting was scheduled with both parties in hopes that an agreement could be reached on the issue at hand.



Following the conclusion of the meeting, O5-8 brought the SCP-6029 issue concerning to the rest of the O5 Council. After much deliberation, it was decided by a vote of 7-4 on 05/27/2021 that the transference of SCP-6029 from the Foundation to GOC custody be approved. Dr. Duson expressed extreme dismay over this decision, citing the potential research opportunities, but ultimately allowed custody to be revoked after carrying out the final preparations for transfer. Daniel Burchard was pleased with the decision and reminded the Foundation that they were forbidden to interfere further with matters related to SCP-6029 under threat of severe penalties.

Addendum-02 Escalation: The GOC proceeded with destruction of SCP-6029 via dissolution in acid at an undisclosed facility. Before destruction could be carried out, SCP-6029 shattered the copper block it was inhabiting on its own initiative and the pieces made contact with the floor. SCP-6029 left the remnants of the block and receded into the lower levels of the facility, eventually escaping underground. Daniel Burchard was infuriated with the loss of SCP-6029 and severely disciplined all involved GOC personnel.

SCP-6029 subsequently re-emerged in various European nations, attempting to acquire fissures, but was frequently interrupted by GOC forces attempting to capture and/or terminate it. These termination methods often involved physically destroying the material SCP-6029 was inhabiting. Eventually SCP-6029 went into hiding and became inactive for a short period of time.

On 08/02/2021, it preemptively attacked a group of GOC operatives who were in the process of launching a raid against a Serpent's Hand hideout. Video footage and witness testimony suggested that SCP-6029 waited for the operatives to arrive, then ambushed them while distracted by the firefight, killing the majority before receding into the ground.

Since this incident, SCP-6029 has demonstrated a new variant of its aggressive behavior. SCP-6029 has become highly active, producing a series of attacks on individuals and locations associated with the GOC at an increasing and alarming rate. SCP-6029's anomalous capabilities were also expanding incrementally during this period of time, with the primary changes being the entity's increase in size and the eventual independence from subsistence from absorbing other fissures. Below is a partial list of all known or suspected attacks by SCP-6029.

Date Location Event
08/07/2021 Paris, France Several individuals were found dead within the top floor of the █████ ██████ Hotel. The injuries inflicted matched those caused by SCP-6029. It was later discovered that the victims were off-duty GOC agents who had been renting the room until they were granted permission to leave the country. The witness who first came to the scene, a maid, claimed she entered their room upon hearing frantic screaming coming from inside. Before entering, the witness also claimed she saw the walls becoming cracked before repairing themselves. The maid was administered amnestics and all evidence was cleaned up by the GOC under the pretense of a police investigation.
08/29/2021 Berlin, Germany. A GOC military bunker became subject to attack during the night, when most of the operatives were asleep. SCP-6029 killed thirty-two operatives in total before the base's alarm was activated. Witnesses claimed SCP-6029 traveled up each of the bunk beds and onto the bodies of the sleeping operatives. Unlike most encounters, SCP-6029 killed them in a subtle manner, silently positioning itself across their necks, causing all blood vessels to be lacerated leading to death from exsanguination. SCP-6029 also disconnected the upper spinal column, resulting in its victims becoming immobilized during this process. Unable to escape through the main entrance due to SCP-6029 fusing the door to the wall, the operatives broke the windows and jumped down two stories above. SCP-6029 tried to follow the operatives but was forced to flee when additional GOC forces arrived. Subsequently, SCP-6029's threat-level was increased by the GOC and they diverted significant resources towards its termination.
09/18/2021 Darwin, Australia A commercial truck owned by the GOC had its wheels spontaneously burst during travel on a toll road before a section of the road broke off, causing the truck to fall from a large cliff. The sole function of the truck was to deliver needed supplies to a nearby facility. It was noted that SCP-6029 had a consistent preference for staying close to the ground since this date.
10/04/2021 Bago, Myanmar A meeting between high-level government officials and GOC representatives was interrupted by the appearance of SCP-6029. SCP-6029 killed the representatives with minor injuries to the officials. This caused relations between the Myanmar government and the GOC to deteriorate and it was found that SCP-6029's size had grown exponentially as well. The GOC promptly designated SCP-6029 as a high-level threat and diverted abundant resources against the entity.
10/15/2021 Jeonju, South Korea After SCP-6029 was ranked top ten of the GOC's priority list, Daniel Burchard presented a new proposal for its termination. This proposal detailed the use of an experimental task force consisting of proficient reality benders conditioned through the use of extensive amnestic treatment and reconditioning, and outfitted with miniature explosives sown into their chest in case of rebellion. This task force was deployed upon receiving reports that SCP-6029 was in South Korea. The task force located SCP-6029 and attempted to terminate it using their reality bending capabilities. The attack failed and SCP-6029 killed a significant portion of the task force before escaping. Since then, SCP-6029 became resistant to hume-altering effects. Furthermore, SCP-6029 was able to spread its mass through the air. Fortunately, it has not yet been seen to be able to cross fully into gaseous matter.
10/17/2021 New York City, United States See Addendum-03 for further details.

Addendum-03, Cooperation: On 10/17/2021, the Headquarters of the United Nations violently collapsed into a sinkhole without warning. Firefighters and construction crews were mobilized to rescue any survivors trapped in the rubble, but none were found to be alive6. The Global Occult Coalition used an extensive cover story of a terrorist attack to take account for the destruction of the building. Shortly after this incident, the Foundation received an message from a GOC representative requesting an emergency meeting with all previous liaisons present. This request was accepted, and the meeting was held at Site-43.



The next day, Area-07 established contact with SCP-6029. More than half of on-site personnel were killed in the ensuing attack by the entity, including Cameron Delong. A review of security footage and witness testimony confirmed that SCP-6029 was avoiding causing harm, both directly and indirectly, to Foundation personnel.

After receiving these news, Director McInnis ordered an investigation into all matters relating to SCP-6029. All research and documents were thoroughly examined and former personnel who had previously worked with SCP-6029 were monitored. The investigation was completed in less than a day.



After his conviction, Dr. Duson's memory was altered via Class-F amnestics and reconditioning. Documents were also fabricated to support Dr. Duson's involvement and occlude his ties with the Foundation. The GOC praised the Foundation for their efforts and invited multiple representatives to Dr. Duson's capital punishment. Dr. Duson continued to proclaim his innocence and attempt to shift blame before being hanged on 11/10/2021. SCP-6029 was captured and all thaumaturgic influence was removed, it returned to its former size but retained all augmentations. SCP-6029 was then recontained at Site-43, and no breach in containment has been reported since.

Due to the increased need for safeguards against the anomalous, the Foundation diverted a sizeable amount of its resources to the GOC for the goal of building their organization back to maximum self-sufficiency. The GOC is projected to regain half of its former influence by 2025. SCP-6029 is scheduled for transfer to the newly remodeled Area-07 on 11/30/2021 on the direct order of Director McInnis, gaining further praise from the GOC and opening the door to further cooperation between both parties.

As the time of writing, tensions between the Foundation and the GOC are at an all-time low.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License