SCP-5982

A ROUNDERHOUSE Joint

rating: +102+x
4/5982 LEVEL 4/5982
CLASSIFIED
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
Item #: SCP-5982
Neutralized

camp.png

SCP-5982, prior to Incident WEEPING GYRE.


Special Containment Procedures: N/A

Description: SCP-5982 was the Kucsoo Commune, an intentional community founded some time in the 1960s in Big Sur, California. Kucsoo was a spiritual healing and improvement center, and openly accepted visitors free of charge. The original Kucsoo compound consisted of four communal sleeping cabins, a large farm, and a number of multipurpose facilities — all buildings were constructed by residents, with no outside contact. At its peak in 1994, Kucsoo was believed to house 80 residents.

Kucsoo is believed to have been founded by one C.H Jones, first & middle name unknown, a drifter and transient from Alabama. Few records are available of Jones' life; he is believed to have fought in Vietnam and remained there until 1981. The only records following his arrival in the United States are two arrests records: one in 1983 for vagrancy in Memphis, Tennesee, and one in 1985 for petty larceny in Kansas City. No jail time appears to have been served. It is unclear why these arrest reports do not include his first or middle name.

At some point in the late 1980s, Jones is believed to have constructed or stumbled upon the Kucsoo site. Through word-of-mouth, the location developed a reputation as a safe haven for the various drifters in the area. As it expanded, the commune steadily became increasingly spiritual and self-improvement focused. It steadily grew in population, and eventually brought in non-local followers from out of town, attracted by stories about Jones' healing and spiritual abilities.

The Foundation became aware of Kucsoo in 1990, but it was considered a relatively low priority minor group of interest. However, the FBIUIU became aware of the site independently in 1991 and began investigating. Following an increase of testimonies regarding anomalous happenings in the commune, an infiltration operation was authorized in 1992, under the name Operation Plaster Nazarene. Foundation involvement began in 1994, during Foundation Incident WEEPING GYRE. Following the conclusion of Incident WEEPING GYRE, FBIUIU records regarding SCP-5982 have been voluntarily surrendered to the Foundation.


Addendum 5982.1

FBIUIU INTERVIEW LOG — ALAN HOWELL



Addendum 5982.2

SERMON EXCERPT



Addendum 5982.3

FBIUIU SURVEILLANCE PROFILE — C. H. JONES



Addendum 5982.4

FBIUIU PLASTER NAZARENE RECORDS



Addendum 5982.5

INCIDENT WEEPING GYRE SUMMARY



Addendum 5982.6

AFTER-ACTION DEBRIEFING




rating: +102+x

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License