SCP-574


rating: +24+x
Item#: 574
Level1
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
ekhi
Risk Class:
warning

611px-Number_One_Department_Store%2C_Pyongyang.jpg?20210106170812

The exterior of SCP-574 prior to containment.

Special Containment Procedures: The property harboring SCP-574 has been purchased by Foundation front company, "Seung Contractor Properties." The doors and windows present on SCP-574 have been boarded up, and two guards must patrol the perimeter to deter civilian entry and should act as first responders in the event of a containment breach.

Guards stationed outside SCP-574 are responsible for supplying SCP-574 two sedated pigs1 every twenty-four hours to prevent SCP-574-1 manifestations. SCP-574 is currently only accessible via the loading bay on the eastern wall. This entryway must be sealed with a double-locked chain and keypad outside of feeding.

Mobile Task Force Psi-7 "Home Improvement" is responsible for the demolition of all SCP-574-1 instances should they manifest and survivors are to be provided with replacement residences provided by Seung Contractor Properties.

Description: SCP-574 is a six-story commercial building in Pohang, South Korea. SCP-574's interior is composed of miscellaneous furniture randomly located throughout the building. All electrical appliances found within are powered despite the building's lack of electricity.

When an animal has been inside SCP-574 for thirty consecutive minutes, it will begin to phase into the floor and walls. Affected organisms will first experience stiffness of joints, followed by involuntary muscle spasms, which affected individuals claim to feel 'soothing.' Four minutes after this sensation manifests, the individual will be flattened against either the floor, wall, or ceiling by an unalterable magnetic force.2. Over the next two hours, the body will flatten across the surface, with its chemical composition taking the form of wood, concrete, plastic, and other materials found in the vicinity.

When not supplied with 700kg of live animals within a twenty-four-hour period, SCP-574 will 'infect' a building and convert it into an SCP-574-1 instance in an attempt to gain nutrients.


Addendum-01: SCP-574-1

SCP-574-1 are preexisting buildings that have been modified to adopt SCP-574's characteristics. SCP-574-1 facilities will adopt the same anomalous properties as SCP-574 itself. SCP-574-1 will then act as annexes, transmitting any nutrients acquired to SCP-574. How either facility transmits resources between each other is unknown at this time.

The extent of SCP-574's range for creating SCP-574-1 instances is unknown, with an upwards range of approximately 1000 kilometers. The furthest documented case was a cluster of SCP-574-1 instances in the south Linyu ghettos in China. SCP-574 has targeted no buildings within a ten-kilometer radius of SCP-574 in what has been hypothesized to be a form of self-preservation.

Low-income neighborhoods have been shown to be the most vulnerable to SCP-574 infestations due to the quick rise in property prices, rent, and associated taxes. If left unattended, SCP-574-1 instances will expand into colonies, putting further financial stress on the local population.

The SCP-574-1 transformation process ranges from anywhere from thirty seconds to ten minutes. The resulting interiors have always taken the form of commercial storefronts with documented interiors consisting of hair salons, noraebangs, indoor street markets, PC bangs, chain restaurants, hotels, plastic surgeon clinics, car dealerships3, strip clubs, inns, bars, acupuncture clinics, and karaoke clubs.

zzw9JsO.png?3

Third floor of SCP-574.

Individuals present during the SCP-574-1 transformation process will be irreversibly changed into an "Upsilon" entity4. Upsilon entities are fully functioning automatons with an outward appearance identical to the average human. They are all fully dressed in commercial uniforms matching the residence. Upsilon entity's internal composition consists of a series of origami webs made of mulberry paper mixed with mercury. Upsilon entities permanently lose all functionality upon being removed from SCP-574-1.

Upsilon entities take on behavioral patterns similar to that of ordinary humans. Personalities vary widely depending on the business it is mimicking and have been heavily documented using a wide variety of coercion tactics to keep guests inside SCP-574-1 for as long as possible. In most cases, Upsilon entities will claim that customers are "lucky" and have won discounts or "deluxe treatments" for entertainment services. To date, no Upisilon entity has made any attempt to assault or otherwise harm an individual physically.


Addendum-02: Recovered Footage

The following footage was discovered on an iPhone 6 Plus by MTF Psi-7 in the early stages of demolishing an SCP-574-1 instance on October 14, 2015. Internal logs document recording having taken place on March 2, 2015.

<Recording begins in a teenage boy's bedroom in the Myeong residence. The camera is directed toward a corner of the room with an unmade bed in the foreground. Two pillows have fallen onto the floor resting against the bedside. The camera shudders lightly as a large spider crawls up the wall adjacent to the bed and Hyeon can be heard lightly screaming.>

Hyeon: Please, Noona! Please just come and kill it! It's going to lay eggs or something! W-What if it's poisonous!?

<A set of footsteps is heard ascending a flight of stairs.>

Jae: There are no poisonous spiders around here, you idiot. Just calm down.

<The camera pans over to the bedroom door as it opens up halfway before getting stuck on a closet door. Jae can be seen holding a napkin and a large book behind the half-open door. She grunts and glares at the camera.>

Jae: Ugh! How many times do Mom and I have to tell you to keep your closet closed!? It's a fire hazard!

<The camera sways as Hyeon walks over to the doors and adjusts them so that the bedroom door is fully opened. Jae walks into the room and spins around, looking over the room before setting her gaze toward the camera.>

Jae: Okay, where's the stupid bug? I need to be going soon! Wait, are you recording?!

<Hyeon's right hand comes into frame pointing at Jae.>

Hyeon: It's right there! Near the bed! Kill it now, please! Before it gets away!

<Jae lets out an exaggerated groan as she turns around and slowly walks toward the bed. She freezes up for a moment when she spots the spider, which is now atop a pillow on the bed. Jae slowly raises the book into the air before bringing it down onto the spider. The camera vibrates, and Hyeon can be heard gasping in fear. Jae raises the book back into the air and inspects the pillow before smiling.>

Jae: Ha! I got it!

<Jae turns to face Hyeon and holds the empty napkin out toward the camera.>

Jae: Okay, now go clean it up.

Hyeon: What? Me?! No way!

Jae: Oh come on! The spider is dead now, it's not going to hurt you. You're going to have to do this stuff on your own eventually! You are going to be sixteen next month, you got to… you… got to… um…

<Jae's gaze shifts away from the camera, and she frowns.>

Hyeon: Um, what is it?

<The camera pans 180o to face the other side of the bedroom. Four large black desks are visible, lining the corner of the room. Two red and black gaming chairs are situated next to two desks. 68cm HD monitors are present atop the three desks closest to the bedroom door, with large gaming PCs below two of the desks.>

Jae: Um, what the hell is this? What happened to the closet?

Hyeon: I- I don't know? I didn't buy any of this stuff, I swear.

<A third red and black gaming chair materializes spontaneously in front of a desk. A pile of dirty clothes melts into the floor as a new desk rises from the floorboards in its place. Two more 68cm monitors manifest on the preexisting desks, and computer mice fall out from the monitors and onto the desks.>

<The camera shakes sporadically as Hyeon and Jae are heard screaming. Jae is visible momentarily as she runs out of the bedroom, continuing to scream.>

Hyeon: Ah! Where are you- Wait! Don't leave me alone!

<The camera is placed into Hyeon's pants pocket. Two sets of footsteps are heard moving at a rapid pace. Jae can be heard screaming before it is drowned out by the sound of something crashing.>

Hyeon: Oh god-

<The iPhone slips out of Hyeon's pocket, landing face-down on the floor. The wooded ceiling noticeably dulls in coloration.>

Hyeon: Where- what happened!? Noona! Where's the stairs?!

Jae: I don't know!? The stairs raised themselves up into the floor!

Hyeon: What?! What does that mean?!

<Hyeon walks into the frame, his skin is pale and tears are visible in the corner of his eyes. He picks up the iPhone, turning it vertically. Jae comes into view, kneeling down on the ground. She has her hands rubbing along the floor. Two vending machines materialize in front of her causing her to jump back.>

Hye-Young: Hello sir. Are you enjoying your stay at the Eagle PC Café?

<Hyeon can be heard screaming and the camera shakes violently before turning to see Myeong Hye-Young standing a couple of centimeters in front of the camera. Hyeong takes a few steps back to reveal that Hye-Young is wearing a navy blue tailored suit with the "Eagle PC Café" name and logo. Her face is covered with a layer of makeup and her hair is dyed blonde.>

Hyeon: M-Mom?! What- what are you wearing?

Hye-Young: Would you be interested in some refreshments? All drinks are free today.

<Hye-Young smiles and steps toward the camera.>

Hyeon: W-What are you talking about? Mom…

<The phone shudders as Hyeon seemingly backs away from Hye-Young.>

Hyeon: Noona, help me.

<The video loses focus as the camera is turned around to face Jae who is now lying on the ground in the fetal position. Her skin is noticeably pale and she has her hands covering her face.>

<Jae lets out heavily muffled groans.>

Hyeon: Noona! Oh my god!

<Jae stops mumbling and turns toward the camera. She lowers her hands away from her face to reveal a trail of navy blue liquid pouring across her face from her eyes. Jae hands her mouth open, and a large amount of navy blue liquid erupts from her mouth.>

<Hyeon can be heard screaming as Jae convulses on the ground.>

Hye-Young: Is everything okay, sir? You seem really on edge. Come, I'll find you a place to rest.

<The camera shakes violently, losing focus entirely.>

Hyeon: Ah! Don't touch me!

<A loud crashing sound is audible before Hyeon runs down the same hallway that he had previously gone down. The following footage is indistinguishable due to rapid movement. Two sets of footsteps are audible, both moving at a sprint.>

Hye-Young: Sir, what's wrong? Sir! Where are you going?! Are you alright?!

<Hyeon runs through an open doorway and slams the door behind him. He locks the door and presses against the door, sliding to the floor.>

<The proportions of the room greatly surpass the diameter of the building, extending over 50 meters to the far end of the room. The room is filled with ten columns of gaming PCs with dim multicolored LED lights hanging from the ceiling. At the other end of the room, a large window is present above an unmade bed.>

<Someone can be heard knocking on the door before fidgeting with the door knob.>

Hye-Young: Sir?! Sir are you okay?! Do you need assistance?! Should I get our medical staff to help you?! What seems to be the problem? Sir?!

Hyeon: S-stop!

<Hyeon can be heard wheezing as the camera shakes. The camera is placed against the floor face down. It then rubbed against the floor. The continues for the next minute before the camera is finally raised up to show a bedframe and window sill.>

<The phone falls onto the mattress face-up towards the window sill. The roots of Hyeon's hair are a bright blonde while the outer layers of hair are a deep black. Small trails of navy blue liquid are leaking from his eyes, ears, and nose. His skin is pale with his eye sockets bloodshot. He shakes violently as he drops his head down onto a pillow and bellows into it.>

Hyeon: Help me, Noona.

Hyeon: P-please, come back Noona… I'll clean up the spider… I- I promise…

<Hyeon lifts his face from the pillow, and a dead spider is visible now pressed up against his right cheek. He climbs up onto the bed and opens the window. He makes an attempt to outstretch his head through the window but is unsuccessful. Hyeon screams and throws his head at the open window. Like his arms, his head comes to a stop halfway through the window as if making contact with an invisible barrier.>

<Hyeon cries out hysterically before slamming his arms against the window. He convulses and lowers his head against the window sill. He proceeds to vomit up pools of navy blue liquid onto his arms and the window sill. Hyeon's breathing has weakened substantially, with him taking rasping breaths for air.>

Hyeon: W-why…

<Hyeon continues to shudder against the window sill before finally opening his eyes. The spider pressed against his cheek slides off his face and onto a navy blue uniform that has replaced his t-shirt. The dead spider appears to sink into the fabric of the now navy blue shirt.>

<The sclera is no longer visible with heavy amounts of navy liquid pouring from the eyes. Hyeon makes multiple attempts to climb through the open window only for his legs to give way forcing Hyeon back onto the mattress. He moves his arm against the bed surface aimlessly until he reaches the phone. The phone is lifted up to his face and he taps the screen weakly.>

<Hyeon vomits onto the camera lens, covering it with a navy hue. The phone falls out the window, coming to rest on the roof, face-up. Hyeon is visible momentarily, vomiting a heavy amount of blue liquid onto the window sill before falling out of sight.>

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License