SCP-5589

Item #: SCP-5589

Object Class: Pending

Special Containment Procedures: N/A

Description: SCP-5589 was an extranormal event which occurred on October 9th, 2018, during a public seminar hosted by Ridley Creek1 Mayor Darnell Hollis advocating for the creation of a new aqueduct through the town's only municipal freshwater deposit, the eponymously named 'Ridley's Creek'. A brief transcript of the event has been attached below.

Over the course of the next several days, all witnesses to the event3 were detained and amnesticized. Containment personnel were unable to locate Veneer nor Hollis; their disappearances were later attributed to a fatal motor vehicle accident.

After one month of investigation producing no leads, SCP-5589 was presumed to be an isolated incident, and, following an internal vote by the Department of Inbound Object Processing, classified as Extranormal Event #AXZ28D-B.

Addendum: SCP-5589 was flagged for further research potential on July 24th, 2021, after the interception of an unusual package sent to the home of Site-884 Director George Ramirez. Ramirez was previously aware of SCP-5589, having overseen its classification as an extranormal event while serving as a member of RAISA, and had more recently supervised the construction of a new wing of Site-88 dedicated to the containment of ranine and caecilian-like anomalies.

Upon opening, the package was found to contain only a single printed image, which has been attached to this document below.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License