SCP-5517
rating: +23+x
Item#: 5517
Level3
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
danger

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-5517 is to be locked inside a sealed structure 15 m tall and under the guise of a local environmental service building. A security camera is to monitor the growth of new SCP-5517-1 instances, and incendiary weapons are to be used to prevent their maturation.

Additionally, customized costotomes1 are to be used to remove excessive material from SCP-5517 whenever necessary, which is to be sent to Site-66 for study. Personnel responsible for this procedure must wear biohazard protection suits at all times. Any individual that comes in direct physical contact with an SCP-5517-1 instance is to be immediately isolated. A medical examination will determine the proper measures to be taken, possibly resulting in termination.

SCP-5517-B is to be contained inside a square perimeter and a behind a three meter electrical fence. A patrol is to ensure the security as well as the integrity of SCP-5517-B.

Annually, a Class D personnel is to be exposed to an instance of SCP-5517-1. The affected individual is to be allowed to proceed with its anomalous behavior while escorted by a security team provided with standard equipment.


deadtree

SCP-5517. Photo taken in 1974 by an unknown photographer. See 5517-B/INV ITEM #9.

Description: SCP-5517 is a pale tree of unknown species. Its outer structure is primarily made of collagen fibers and calcium phosphate. The interior consists mostly of stem cells, but also presents an amalgam of other ordinary human cells, tissues, and organs, including: neurons, hormone-producing glands, and bronchioles.

Organisms visually similar to leaves, designated SCP-5517-1, will periodically grow and detach from SCP-5517. These organisms are 12 cm long and scarlet in color. They have simple circulatory systems composed exclusively of erythrocytes2. They also have rudimentary muscle fibers, which make them capable to control gliding movements through the air. SCP-5517-1 specimens demonstrate no interest in animals other than human beings and will cease all movement 48 hours after full maturation, but will maintain the hazardous properties until biodegradation. Analysis indicate the DNA of SCP-5517 and SCP-5517-1 specimens to belong to a single human female.

SCP-5517-1 will attempt physical contact to human individuals when possible. If successful, the organism will attach to the subject epidermis and will immediately start to merge with the tissue, causing severe pain and temporary paralysis. The affected individual, designated SCP-5517-2, in addition to developing yellow coloration in the iris and sclera, will then engage in a singular behavior3 and will react aggressively to any attempt to hinder its progression. Incendiary weapons have proven to be an effective countermeasure to SCP-5517-2 instances, as they present unnatural resilience to physical damage.

Located 426 m from SCP-5517 is an abandoned wooden cabin, referred to as SCP-5517-B. An inspection of the cabin as well as experimentation with SCP-5517 has revealed a relation between these two objects, specially concerning SCP-5517-2's active cycle. A list of relevant items found in the cabin can be examined in this report.

Discovery: SCP-5517 is located inside a natural reserve in the municipality of Maricá, state of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Following a series of missing persons cases of hikers and local residents, an investigation by the local police led to the official discovery of the anomaly in 1995, and to the eventual intervention by the Foundation in the same year.


Inventory (5517-B/INV): Notable items collected from SCP-5517-B.

Experiment Log (5517/EX.01;04;07):

Interview (5517/INT.11):

File/SCP-5517-3:

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING FILE IS LEVEL 4/5517 CLASSIFIED


ANY ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THIS FILE WITHOUT LEVEL 4/5517 AUTHORIZATION WILL BE LOGGED AND WILL LEAD TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION.

ID
PASSWORD
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License