SCP-5487

rating: +44+x

This case is CURRENTLY ACTIVE.

Any personnel interfering with SCID investigations will be prosecuted to full extent of the law.

LEVEL TWO/5487 CLASSIFICATION

ITEM #

SCP-5487

OBJECT CLASS

Safe


cardocran-scale-1.png

SCP-5487 ("Cardocran").

SPECIAL CONTAINMENT PROCEDURES

The entirety of SCP-5487 is to be kept in special storage at Site-989. Two kilograms of 5487 are to be offloaded whenever appropriate to SCID Miami under Provision 57.M-B and 93.

All used amounts of SCP-5487 are to be transported back to Site-989 via SCID courier and disposed of by a chemical team.

Certain provisions to hospitals for SCP-5487 medical use is in consideration.

DESCRIPTION

SCP-5487 is the designation for the anomalous stimulant drug called "Cardocran", often nicknamed "Cardo". While SCP-5487 acts similarly to cocaine, its anomalous properties occur on its effect as a triple reuptake inhibitor (TRI): it approximately triples its efficiency while also removing its dependency issues on its subject.

While SCP-5487 can be used as an alternative to cocaine, cocaine cannot be used as an alternative to 5487.

5487 is unable to be created without anomalous technology. It is currently unknown who created SCP-5487.

ITEM HISTORY

A version of SCP-5487 was discovered on the market by Foundation agents stationed in Miami, Florida, who later notified the Foundation. The compound was analyzed, and the 5487 designation was given to the drug.

A subdivision of the Special Crimes Investigative Division (SCID) in Miami was created to combat the appearance and use of veil-breaking drugs to the general public.





CASE 1987.CDO-005 OPENED. SOME FILES HAVE BEEN OMITTED.

LEVEL FOUR/SCID CLASSIFICATION

ON 5487/CARDOCRAN

The cardocran given to our division is specifically modified by the Foundation to produce the effects of severe dependency upon use, without any tangible side effects otherwise. This should keep anyone who gets slipped it otherwise desperate enough to come back until we can catch them, then we can do our thing from there.

Note that a selling point of cardocran is its low dependency issues, so expect repeat buyers to be agitated or angry.

AQUIRED DATA

cardocran-powder.png

Seized Cardocran.


Cardocran has recently shown up again in the market labeled as "Cardonian Cocaine", described as a high-quality variant of cocaine stemming from the (fictional) Cardonia region of Peru.

Analysis performed on the seized cardocran shows this does not appear to be the same type of cardocran sent to us by the Foundation. An operation will shortly be put in place to determine the source of this new cardocran. If we can nab the buyers, we can get them to give us the sellers.

Keep your eyes out. Miami Vice has agreed to work with us on this one, considering it seems like they've been hit hard with this kind of thing popping up again.

- Lieutenant J. Hernandez


OPERATION YELLOWJACKET is a sting operation that will be conducted by the SCID with the help of MPD Vice on the afternoon of July 18th, 1987.

The operation will commence at approximately 10:30, where SCID special teams will set up in the buildings around the main plaza of Hortin Marina.
These teams will provide covering fire and/or general support should the sting go wrong, and are equipped with tear gas. Designated long-range combatants will be armed with M16A1 rifles from MPD SWAT.

Lieutenant Hernandez and Captain Peters will be occupying an unmarked squad car from across the street for immediate support. Several other places (see Document OYJ.02 for specific placement) will also contain plainclothes or otherwise disguised officers.

At 11:00, Detectives Richard Garrett and Manuel Acosta (undercover as sellers "Brad" and "De la Cruz") will meet the buyers. They will be accompanied by Foundation liaison Haskell, who is masquerading as a middleman. Acosta will also be outfitted with a wire to listen in on the conversation.

Once the buyers trade off the money and receive the cardocran, they are to be immediately arrested. The MPD will be around on standby for the SCID's signal.

Should any of the plan deviate or if it is apparent that the situation will escalate, the sting is to be immediately ended and the area secured by the SCID and MPD.


[TAPE START]

Acosta can be heard practicing breathing techniques.
GARRETT Nervous?
ACOSTA Hell yea, I'm nervous, man. No matter how many times I do this, my nerves got a mind of their own.
GARRETT I get what you mean. It's more of a rush for me.
ACOSTA A rush? You're crazy. Some kind of masochist? A rush my ass.
They laugh.
GARRETT I worked out all my nervousness in the firing range. I may not jitter like an addy, but I'm still feeling it all here.
ACOSTA You know what will cure my nerves?
GARRETT What would?
ACOSTA If these buyers showed the fuck up already, damn. It's… 11:12 now. It ain't polite to keep your gift horse waiting man.
Garrett blows a raspberry.
GARRETT Don't worry about it.
ACOSTA What if they canceled? We're just sitting here like zoo flamingos in this heat all for shit.
GARRETT Doubt it. They need this trade more than we do.
ACOSTA You're right, you're right. Haskie would've told us.
ACOSTA I think it's the wire, the wire always sets me on end man. One faulty connection and now you're target numero uno for guys with MAC-10s.
GARRETT Aah, don't worry about it. I got your back. It's just a sting, what's the worst that could happen, right?
ACOSTA You're right, you're right.
GARRETT …Is that them?
ACOSTA Shit, yeah. Business face on.
The two can be heard standing up, followed by approximately a minute of silence.
BUYER 1 Know anyone by the name 'o… uhh, Brad and De la Cruz?
ACOSTA Depends, who's asking?
BUYER 2 Two-hundo-kay in your pocket, that's who.
ACOSTA I see. Where's our midman?
BUYER 1 Hell should I know?
GARRETT He's a'mportant to us as the stuff you're gett'n. I'd like ta know you two digeridoos didn't knock him off befo' we hand this to ya.
BUYER 1 No goddamn clue, dude. He just up and fucked off and said it was important. Frankly I don't have time for this chatter. We doing this or what?
The two pause for a minute.
ACOSTA Cough the dough up.
BUYER 2 Woah woah, we ain't dumb. We do this the conventional way.
BUYER 1 Suitcase open first, we test the product, you get your money and we all walk off a little happier.
A suitcase can be heard opening, as well as a plastic cracking noise. Several seconds elapse as the suitcase is closed again.
BUYER 2 And?
BUYER 1 Real godlike shit there. Well then. I got this to give you-
Two gunshots ring out. Buyer 2 yells.
BUYER 1 Crap, setup!
A firefight erupts. Multiple gunshots are heard as Acosta fires his CZ75 at the buyers. More armed personnel appear to be wildly shooting into the crossfire by Acosta.
Det. Acosta enters a building, auditorily sounding to be flanking the armed buyers. Acosta re-emerges to the outside, where the gunfire has died down into several occasional shots. He yells and sprints.
BUYER 1 Fuck!
Acosta tackles Buyer 1.
ACOSTA Police, Miami SCID. Keep those hands up and taste the concrete, bitch.
Buyer 1 laughs.
BUYER 1 Congrats, pal.
BUYER 1 Agent Ballard. FBIUIU.

FOUNDATION NOTICE

ON YELLOWJACKET

Due to an oversight in planning and an unprecedented violation in operations scale within the SCID, YELLOWJACKET led to the injuries of several officers in the SCID as well as the FBIUIU. The cause of the shootout was also investigated; it was found to be caused by the misjudgment of SCID Captain James Peters, who mistakenly thought UIU Agent Ivanovic was pulling out a pistol.

Captain Peters has been demoted and put on unpaid administrative leave for a month.

ON UIU PRESCENCE

A unit of the FBIUIU was present at the time of the incident to carry out a sting operation against Foundation researchers possibly selling small amounts of SCP-5487 to the general public. Further investigation into this claim has uncovered a chain of misunderstandings stemming from a partnership with the UIU, curated by ████, over proceedings and undercover operations including the use of 5487. No other UIU presence was determined within the recent events.

The FBIUIU has admitted their mistake over their wrongly-implemented investigation and misunderstanding of ████'s good intentions.

OVERALL

Further investigation into illegal production and distribution of SCP-5487 will be henceforth operated by the main branch of the Foundation. The SCID will be limited to low-level operations (with prior Foundation approval) and executing specific stakeouts/raids as given by the Foundation. This agreement will continue indefinitely until the Foundation believes the SCID is capable enough to handle such large cases without prompting or promoting unacceptable incidents.

The failure of YELLOWJACKET rests squarely on each and every involved member of the SCID.













You are accessing LEVEL 5 CLASSIFIED material. All violations of this classification will lead to amnesticization and termination of employment by the Foundation.

!NOTICE!


THIS FILE IS UNAVAILABLE FOR [O5-6] DUE TO CENSURE. DO NOT SHARE THIS FILE WITH THIS USER UNTIL THEIR VIEWING CLEARANCE IS REAPPROVED.

RESTRICTED LEVEL FIVE CLASSIFICATION

ITEM #

SCP-5487

OBJECT CLASS

Safe


cardocran-scale-1.png

SCP-5487 ("Cardocran").

SPECIAL CONTAINMENT PROCEDURES

The entirety of the internally-visible SCP-5487 stores are to be kept in special storage at Site-989. Two kilograms of 5487 are to be offloaded whenever appropriate to SCID Miami under Provision 57.M-B and 93.

SCID Miami is to be used to insure the Foundation's dominance in the market for SCP-5487.

Under O5 order, an additional five hundred kilograms are to be dispersed through secure channels to acquire express profits.

The chemical team in charge of SCP-5487 disposal is to reconstitute any inconsistencies with third-party-created 5487 and redistribute it through the above network.

Provisions to hospitals for SCP-5487 medical use is not in consideration at this time.

DESCRIPTION

SCP-5487 is the designation for the anomalous stimulant drug called "Cardocran", often nicknamed "Cardo". While SCP-5487 acts similarly to cocaine, its anomalous properties occur on its effect as a triple reuptake inhibitor (TRI): it approximately triples its efficiency while also removing its dependency issues on its subject.

While SCP-5487 can be used as an alternative to cocaine, cocaine cannot be used as an alternative to 5487.

5487 is unable to be created without anomalous technology. Currently, the Foundation is the only major producer of SCP-5487.

ITEM HISTORY

cardocran-early.png

Early chemical base of SCP-5487.


An early prototype of SCP-5487 was discovered after a project to improve medical cocaine via SCP-914 adjustment. Foundation personnel eventually stabilized the most flagrant side-effects of the 5487 prototypes and codified them into the final SCP-5487 drug.

Following the lead of PENTAGRAM in drug-related offerings, the Foundation dispersed the process of making 5487 to certain anomalous groups with the intention of receiving payments on its licensing. After enough money was circulated through this process to support the Foundation's own 5487 production cycle, the Special Crimes Investigative Division (SCID) in Miami was employed to unknowingly remove most major competitors.

Despite a recent altercation over SCP-5487 involving the FBIUIU, SCID, and MPD-Vice, the major 5487 operation was not affected. Fault was placed on Foundation Liaison Mike Haskell and SCID Lieutenant Jaimie Hernandez, who were later terminated. Internal Agent Peters has been commended for his service in quickly bringing the affair to a close.

The 5487 operation will continue as long as it is profitable for the Foundation to do so.





Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License