SCP-5378

rating: +105+x
Ladybugs.jpeg

SCP-5378-A and SCP-5378-B.

Item #: SCP-5378

Object Class: Neutralized

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-5378-A and SCP-5378-B were kept in a small enclosure with soil, rocks and various flora. They were fed four raisins per day, and had their container cleaned every week.

Description: SCP-5378 is the designation for two sapient ladybird beetles,1 which are referred to as SCP-5378-A and SCP-5378-B. Both instances constructed miniaturized versions of manmade structures and objects using natural materials, such as leaves, rocks, and dirt.

Addendum 1: Below is a list of every recorded structure built by SCP-5378-A and SCP-5378-B, as well as the context of their creation.

Structure Created Context
A small tent comprised of two propped-up Rose leaves. SCP-5378-A and SCP-5378-B had just been contained.
A sleeping bag made of leaf petioles sown together. SCP-5378-A and SCP-5378-B appear to "sleep" together within the sleeping bag for eight hours.
A separate sleeping bag. After climbing around the enclosure in what is assumed to be an escape attempt, SCP-5378-A and SCP-5378-B meet outside the tent. They start making harsh buzzing noises at each other. After the altercation, SCP-5378-A makes its own sleeping bag.
Two two-story cabins. Probably a result of the former incident.
A letter etched onto a woodchip. After nine months since the cabins were created, SCP-5378-A gives the letter to SCP-5378-B at its doorstep.
A bench made of twigs held together by twine. SCP-5378-B slowly walks out of its cabin towards SCP-5378-A's cabin. It taps on the door. When SCP-5378-A comes out, they build the bench and sit next to each other. After an altercation consisting of quiet buzzes, they touch their forelimbs together.
A heart. SCP-5378-A and SCP-5378-B combine two leaves into the shape of a heart on the enclosure floor. They both lay in the middle of the heart sideways, holding each other's limbs.

After SCP-5378-A and SCP-5378-B were observed to be unmoving for several hours, they were removed from their enclosure. It was confirmed that SCP-5378-A and SCP-5378-B had expired, most likely due to old age.

Addendum 2: Below is the letter mentioned in Addendum 1. It was put under a microscope for comprehensiveness.

Hello my sweet Rose,

My limbs are aching, and the world around me spins uncontrollably. I think this is the end.

I'm sorry about the altercation we had long ago. Our jailing here wasn't your fault, and I should have been less harsh.

Without you, I have been mournful. I miss your touch, and the fluttering of your wings ringing through my ears. I miss traversing through the blue skies with you at my side. Wherever we were, you made it all the better.

I figured since we are taking our last breaths, we might as well take them together. We shouldn't have to die in isolation.

Please. Let's talk.

Sincerely,

Harold

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License