SCP-5259
rating: +59+x

Item #: SCP-5259

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-5259 is contained in a large aquatic tank at Site-032's Anomalous Fauna Zone. SCP-5259 is the sole organism in its habitat, as it has expressed a distaste for "civilian" marine life.

Description: SCP-5259 is a sapient Atlantic bottlenose dolphin that was formerly a member of the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit of the United States Marine Corps. SCP-5259 was created in 1983 as part of a secret project by a covert branch of the Department of Defense to weaponize aquatic life for general warfare. As part of its "training" SCP-5259 bears numerous biological deviations, including a vastly increased lifespan, augmented swimming muscles, and a heightened resistance to ocean floor pressures.

marine1

Lance Corporal Flipperstorm (pictured right) during firing practice in Iraq with fellow marine (pictured left).

SCP-5259-1 is a weapon surgically attached to SCP-5259's right flipper capable of firing a highly destructive laser. SCP-5259-1 has been damaged and is in an inactive state due to an incident prior to containment of SCP-5259.

Discovery: In 2008, the Department of Veteran Affairs received a disability claim for a Lance Corporal "Buddy Flipperstorm" of the Marines. Assuming it was a practical joke, the claim was disposed of.

Over the next weeks, the department was inundated by emails, calls1, and waterlogged envelopes demanding the immediate resignation of Secretary James Peake, necessitating the involvement of law enforcement. The mail was eventually traced to a PO box near Chesapeake Beach, where a dolphin with a damaged dorsal fin had been repeatedly beaching itself for several days.

While Foundation staff at large had been tangentially aware of the story as it developed in the media, the highly unusual behavior of the specimen was what drew official attention. Covering the incident as a publicity stunt for dolphin welfare, SCP-5259 was transported to a Foundation marine facility where it received medical treatment.

Interviewer: Dr Sophia Clarke

Interviewed: SCP-5259

Foreword: SCP-5259's portion of the interview was translated with the use of a Cetacean Hearing and Telemetry computer.


[BEGIN LOG]

Clarke: So I have to ask, how exactly did you send all those messages to Veterans Affairs? The envelopes I can wrap my head around, but the calls and emails?

SCP-5259: eEeEee. eEeEeeee, EeEeE.2

Clarke: As in human friends? You wouldn't happen to have their contact information, would you.

SCP-5259: EeEeEeEe. EeEeEeEeee.3

Clarke: I'm sorry, that wasn't my intention, I assure you. It's just… most people would be very surprised to find themselves having a conversation to a talking animal, let alone being friends with one. Uh, no offense.

SCP-5259: eEeEEeEeEeEe. EeEeEeEeeee.EeEeEe. eEeEeEe, eEeEeEeeeEeEeeEeEeEeE, eEeEeEeEe.4

Clarke: I suppose you have a point. So how'd you end up leaving the military? Injured during some sort of mission?

SCP-5259: EeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe. EeEeEe. EeEeEeEeEeE.5

Clarke: A… fishing net?

SCP-5259: EeEeEeEeEeEeE. EeEeEeEeEeEeEe. eEeEe. EeEeEe.6

Clarke: I'm sorry about that. But why go to the trouble of petitioning the VA? I mean, you couldn't have expected-

SCP-5259: EeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe. EeEeEeEeEeEeE, EeEeEeEeEe, EeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe. EeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe.7

Clarke: I… I'm sorry for that.

SCP-5259: EeEeEeEeEeEe. EeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe. EeEeEeEe.8

Clarke: Uh, just one more thing. Looking at your claim, you were seeking approximately 20,000 in benefits. What were you going to do with all that money?

SCP-5259: EeEe EeE eEeE eEe EeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe. eEeEeEeEe, EeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe? eEeEeEeEeEeEeEe. eEeEeEeE. eEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeeEeEeEe! eEeEeEeEe! EeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe? EeEe, EeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe. eEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe… EeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe. EeEeE. eEeEe. EeEeEe, EeEeEeEeEeEe, EeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe, EeEeEeEeEeEeEe, EeEeEeEeEeEe, EeEeEeEeEe, eEeEeEe. EeEeEeEeEe. eEeEEeEeEeEe. EeEeEeEeeee.EeEeEe. eEeEeEe, eEeEeEeeeEeEeeEeEeEeE, eEeEeEeEe. eEeEee. eEeEeeee, EeEeE.

EeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe. eEeEeEeEeE EeEeEeEe EeEe eEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe EeEeEeeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe. EeEeEeEeEeEe. EeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe. EeEeEeEeEeEeE, EeEeEeEeEe, EeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe. EeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEe. eEeEEeEeEeEe. EeEeEeEeeee.EeEeEe. eEeEeEe, eEeEeEeeeEeEeeEeEeEeE, eEeEeEeEe.9

[END LOG]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License