SCP-5125

rating: +1+x
Item#: 5125
Level3
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
{$secondary-class}
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
caution

ostrich.png

Figure 1.1: SCP-5125

Special Containment Procedures: A single SCP-5125 instance is to be contained in a standard avian containment area simulating a savanna environment in Site-217. SCP-5125-1 instances found on SCP-5125's enclosure are to be retrieved and destroyed while SCP-5125 is sleeping. Under no circumstances should any individual consume SCP-5125-1 instances or anything made of them, unless authorized by Site-217's Directory.

At least two SCP-5125-2 instances, a male and a female, must be kept in separate humanoid containment cells with no means of communication for research purposes. Allowing both instances into the same test environment is currently forbidden. Any SCP-5125-2 instance found outside Foundation territory is to be neutralized and have its corpse incinerated.

Description: SCP-5125 is a common designation given to anomalous adult females of the Struthio camelus australis species (South African Ostrich). Tests have shown that the only living SCP-5125 instance has lived for roughly 20 years more than an average ostrich and is capable of understanding English and a variety of languages from the Khoisan linguistic family. SCP-5125 individuals are capable of laying unfertilized eggs, currently designated SCP-5125-1, but rarely do so.

SCP-5125-1 instances display red stripes not found in common South African Ostrich eggs and are slightly smaller. Individuals that consume SCP-5125-1 or food made from it are subject to a three months long transformation into another SCP-5125 instance and start being designated SCP-5125-2 instances. No male SCP-5125-2 instances survive said proccess, which involves gangrene of most toes, reduction of head volume, growth of feathers and beak, increase of neck size and development of an aggresive behavior, which only ceases at the end of the transformation.

SCP-5125-2 individuals are capable of speaking any language that SCP-5125 can understand and usually refer to each other and to SCP-5125 as "birdmen". Female instances are capable of laying SCP-5125-1 too, but only after mating. Once in possession of SCP-5125-1, SCP-5125-2 instances usually attempt to force human individuals to consume its contents in order to create more SCP-5125-2 individuals.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License