SCP-5111
rating: +90+x

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING FILE IS LEVEL 5/5111 CLASSIFIED


USE IS RESTRICTED TO THE OVERSEER COUNCIL OR VIA SPECIAL PERMISSION




Item Number: SCP-5111

Object Class: Neutralized

Pelican%20Nebula

The Pelican Nebula is the assumed origin of all SCP-5111 instances to date.

Archived Containment Procedures: Instances of SCP-5111 are to be compiled autonomously and deciphered by Foundation cryptographers immediately upon being received. The Pelican Nebula is to be monitored for further SCP-5111 instances. Instances of SCP-5111 present on common wavelengths are to be jammed remotely in order to prevent civilian access.

Description: SCP-5111 refers to a series of radio transmissions received from the direction of the Pelican Nebula. It is currently uncertain whether the nebula is the origin of SCP-5111 instances, or whether they are made in its vicinity. SCP-5111 instances are marked by repeated, short messages received in quick succession, though the content of these transmissions varies. No other anomalous or memetic effects of SCP-5111 exposure have been found.

Discovery: On 2025/07/22, Foundation extraterrestrial survey systems detected an unusual radio transmission originating from the vicinity of the Pelican Nebula, located approximately 2000 light-years away in the constellation Cygnus. Autonomous data analysis programs isolated the signal and found that it consisted of messages in Morse code, translating to sentences in English. Due to the inherent improbability of such a signal occurring naturally, it was declared anomalous and classified as SCP-5111.

Below is a table of notable SCP-5111 instances.
Date Received Method of Transmission Message Content
2025/07/22 Sent in standard Morse code. Triple pyramoid communication array in Giza Region destroyed beyond repair.
2025/07/30 Transmission consisted of characters corresponding to hexadecimal colors. The first letter of each color was used to spell out a word. THIS IS A LAST RESORT A FINAL REQUIEM GOODBYE
2025/08/01 Transmission consisted of instructions to use the "turtle" command with the Python coding language in order to draw circular logograms. Occasionally a cephalopodic glyph would be present in the translation. LOW FUEL. ASSIST NEED
2025/08/11 Sent in standard Morse code. Babylo-hanging-style comms array destroyed. Stay quiet for your sake.
2025/08/21 Sent in standard Morse code. Repository of information torched. It will not encroach upon this territory.
2025/08/26 Sent in the circular logogram language of 2025/08/01. IT WAS HONOR FAREWELL WE MEET AT OCEAN FLOOR NEW LIFE
2025/08/30 Sent in Morse code, though 'words' corresponded to muscle areas and movement of these muscles, communicating via Inuit Sign Language. CLOSE SEAL. LAST EFFORT. CONTACT GREEN BLUE
2025/09/15 Sent in Morse code translating to Latin, with negligible spelling mistakes. There is no alternative option. Only four of us, soon three. Goodbye, our friends. We praise and love you.
2025/09/20 Sent in standard Morse code. GOODBYE. OUR ARMS HANG IN HONOR.
2025/09/26 Sent in standard Morse code. BE QUIET OR THEY WILL HEAR YOU.

The final SCP-5111 instance, received on 2025/09/26, consisted of the message shown above and a subsequent energy wave resembling an electromagnetic pulse, which proceeded to render most consumer electronics manufactured after 1980 inoperable in the Upper New York region. Foundation response efforts restored functionality of consumer and Foundation electronics and claimed the event was due to a solar storm.

Once technological functionality was restored, SCP-5111 instances were decoded. A Foundation cryptographer, Dr. Randall Wood, was interviewed as part of this decoding effort.

Interviewer: Researcher James Marshall

Interviewee: Cryptographer Randall Wood


<BEGIN LOG>

Marshall: Hey Ran- Wood. How's the kids?

Wood: Pretty alright, thanks for asking. Jamie's gotten onto the softball team, but I'm still as burned out as ever. Missed his last two games.

Marshall: Ah, a shame.

(Wood points to a camera in the corner of the room. It is switched off.)

Wood: I- Is that thing on?

Marshall: Oh. Huh. Yeah, I forgot.

(Marshall remains silent for five seconds, before sighing.)

Marshall: Alright, I'm just gonna get right into it. What's up with 5111?

Wood: 5111..? Oh, yeah, lemme just-

(Shuffling can be heard as Wood searches around in his briefcase.)

Wood: So, we got the last transmission from it about three-ish weeks ago. It's gone dark. No idea why. Presumably power or the like? It's a fairly cut and dry situation, but what's concerning me is what they-

Marshall: They?

Wood: Yeah, they.

(Marshall sighs, scratching his beard. Rubbing his eyes, he points back at Wood.)

Marshall: You said "it" just a second earlier.

Wood: I- you've gotta be kidding me.

(Wood removes a series of images, each representing the decoded form of three different transmissions.)

Wood: Ok, it's clear we've got, at the very least, three to five different propagators here. And that's the least. Clearly, however, they're bouncing off each other, responding to what the other is saying, offering condolences, saluting, needing fuel, food-

Marshall: Cut to the chase.

(Wood frantically looks around in his bag.)

Wood: Jesus, alright. So look at this. (Wood displays a small sheet of paper.) This thing is a few bits and bytes of data. Tells us this: some of the propagators poofed. Went dark. Et cetera. You get the gist.

Marshall: Yeah. Explain the whole pulse bit.

(Wood sighs.)

Wood: I'm getting there. Let me explain it to you. Ok, so the pulse hits: at this point, we're down to two. When the wave/pulse/whatever-in-God's bleeding Earth you want to call this, it knocks down all comms in New York. You should've seen it.

(Wood gestures to the map. Marshall takes a sip of coffee. Wood awaits for him to finish, with an annoyed look on his face.)

Wood: Back to more pressing matters, it took us a matter of minutes to get this bumfuck computer back up, along with the rest of this terribly designed system. We did, and no pings were heard. Just gone. We don't know what happened: were we not intended to hear it and the propagators left far, far away?

Marshall: Possibly.

Wood: See, that's what I thought. It's a simple warning to us: one small issue. F, the nebula where these originate from, is two thousand light-years away, Marshall. Two fucking thousand. This wasn't a "drop it and go" situation here.

(Marshall raises an eyebrow.)

Marshall: What are you saying here?

Wood: Radio transmits at light speed. If it takes light 2000 years to get here: all of these spacefaring guys existed 2000 fucking years ago. They're all gone.

Marshall: Fuck.

<END LOG>


Assorted On-site Complaints Following Pulse


Complaint: Site-75's cafeteria juice blender failed.

Status Of Complaint: Blender repaired. Occasionally stops when carrots are placed into it.


Complaint: Cellular service at Site-13 weakened.

Status of Complaint: It was determined this was unrelated to SCP-5111, and was due to a pigeon striking the nearby cellular tower. The tower has since been repaired.


Complaint: Social media opened on-site in all Foundation Provisional sites frequently crash phones, even on the newest models.

Status of Complaint: Companies which this issue affects have been notified of the issue. Estimated time of repair is unknown.


Complaint: Site-31's on-site computers have stopped all functionality.

Status of Complaint: Currently repairing. The cause is still being determined.


Complaint: Spam filtering on official email addresses has stopped.

Status of Complaint: Repaired. An edit was made in order to delete a single semicolon, preventing spam filtration. Following this repair, the volume of spam emails received by Foundation personnel increased by nearly 1250% on average.


Foundation Thaumaturgy Department Log
Researcher: Dr. Samantha Howard


<BEGIN LOG>

Date: 2025/9/29

Well, here we are. With almost all mechanical equipment employed by the Foundation out of operation for the time being, the O5s decided to turn to us here in the Thaumaturgy Department to fix their little conundrum with a wormhole so they can mount an expedition to the source of SCP-5111. The only direction they gave us was that it needed to lead to some nebula 2000-odd light-years away, and be stable enough for whatever they decide to throw into it to make a return trip.

Can't quite blame them for shifting their attention elsewhere, honestly. The world is something of a mess at the moment, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Veil doesn't hold up to the stress. Who knows what it’ll take for things to settle down; I’d rather not dwell on it.

Anyway, on to the more pressing concern: manufacturing a stable wormhole to a specific location with nothing but 40-year-old technology and a healthy dose of magic. Not impossible by any means, but certainly difficult with our limited resources. I just sent a team to peruse the Wanderer's Library for some information that could prove useful. Here's hoping they get back in one piece.

Date: 2025/10/1

The expedition team returned a few hours ago. Six days, for them at least, of roaming the twisted halls of the Library and we finally have what we came for. A thaumaturgical recipe for a targeted portal to wherever we want in the universe. Only problem is it's in an unknown cipher, and our AI cryptographers are out-of-order for the foreseeable future. Nothing to worry about, we still have the best human codebreakers in the world on our side, and they could use something to do.

Date: 2025/10/5

Code cracked. Didn't take as long as I feared, to be honest. After decrypting a combination of various obscure cryptography techniques and translating some ancient Sumerian, we have our wormhole recipe. I've got field agents out acquiring some of the basic components, 50 grams of rhenium dust, a live Nepenthes peltata1, a Sumerian ritual dagger, and half a dozen minor ingredients. I won't clutter this log with every detail of the recipe, but despite its complexity, I doubt we'll have much trouble with it. The Foundation Thaumaturgy Department has weathered far worse storms, after all. Now we just need to wait for the folks over in Astronautics to put together a probe for the expedition, hopefully with some rudimentary FTL communication if we're lucky. And hope is about as much as we can do here at the moment.

<END LOG>

Gujar Protocol Mission Statement

Assigned MTF: MTF Xi-63 ("Luddites") None. Mission will be carried out by an unmanned drone to minimize risk to human life.

Overseeing Researcher: Dr. Jack Winters

Mission goal: Utilize a specially-constructed space drone, designated Farer 1, and a thaumaturgical artificial wormhole to access the presumed origin point of SCP-5111, ascertain its origins, and, if possible, contain it.

00:00: Recording begins. Foundation Thaumaturgy operatives complete the ritual to open a wormhole to the Pelican Nebula. Stars are visible on the other side.

00:23: Foundation Drone Farer 1 enters the wormhole. In the distance, an unknown spacecraft is visible. F 1 begins to travel towards the spacecraft.

32:54: Farer 1 reaches the spacecraft. It measures approximately 4500 meters long and 1200 meters high. Floating outside the spacecraft are several dozen corpses, measuring an average of 1.4 meters in height with a humanoid frame, 6 limbs, and avian features. Clothing worn by these entities shows signs of severe burn damage. Near a cluster of corpses, there is a large hole in the hull of the spacecraft.

34:21: Farer 1 finishes examining the corpses and enters the spacecraft via the large hole. As it crosses the threshold into the craft, a message appears in English for 3 frames of video. The message reads as follows:
GREETINGS, NEW PASSENGERS. WELCOME TO CYCLE ERROR:OVERLOAD OF OUR 25 CYCLE VOYAGE. MOST COMPUTATIONAL FUNCTIONS NO LONGER CONTROLLABLE, APOLOGIES FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

34:25: Farer 1 examines the chamber which the hole leads to. Equipment is strewn about the room, floating in a zero-G environment. In the center of the chamber is a machine of previously-unseen construction, assumed to be a power source. 3 of the 4 sides of the machine show signs of severe heat damage in excess of 6000 degrees Kelvin. On the opposite side of the room is a doorway.

35:04: Farer 1 exits the maintenance chamber via the doorway and enters a corridor. As it does, another message appears on the video feed for 4 frames, reading:
I SAW AN EVIL WITH MY BLACKENED EYES, BUT MY OWN LENSES DEVOURED MY INSIDES. WHAT I BIRTHED FOR MY LIFE WAS CORRUPTED AND MY HOME KILLED BY MY GRAND DESIGN

37:43: Farer 1 continues down the corridor until reaching a large, roughly spherical chamber approximately 1100 meters in diameter. Lining the walls of the chamber are glass tubes 2 meters in height and 0.5 meters in width. Each tube has a derelict monitor on top of it. Visible inside each tube is a humanoid figure with avian features, similar to those seen outside the ship.

39:23: Farer 1 crosses the chamber, moving towards another doorway on the opposite side. When the drone is roughly halfway across, another message is visible on the video feed for a duration of 2 frames, reading:
PROTOCOLS FEATURING AGENTS J-eF-EK and K-SAGAN BOTH PROVEN SEMI-SUCCESSFUL: PROTOCOL CONTENT LOST.

41:36: Farer 1 exits the spherical chamber, at which point another message is visible for a single frame of the video feed, reading:
ONLY IN THE SILENCE WHERE ONCE WAS SOUND CAN A HOME BE BUILT. THE PATH TO THE CREATORS' PARADISE IS PAVED IN THE ASHES OF PROGRESS. PROGRESS REQUIRES PAIN. PAIN BUILT ON BACKS OF THE OTHERS.

45:04: Farer 1 continues down the corridor until it reaches a small chamber. The opposite wall is comprised of glass and perforated with holes 1-2 centimeters in diameter, presumably caused by micrometeor impacts. Strewn about the room are several computer terminals in various states of dereliction. One relatively intact terminal briefly begins to hum as Far 1 approaches it, before abruptly ceasing activity.

46:29: As Farer 1 exits the chamber, a series of electronic beeps are audible, spelling out a message in English Morse Code. The message consists of the following:
CONSOLE DOT LOG OPEN PARENTHESES YOU ARE BUT PREY IN A DARK FOREST COLON WARNING CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH CLOSED PARENTHESES ENTER KEY

The remainder of the survey was uneventful, and Farer 1 returned to the wormhole at 1:20:43. Upon examination of captured footage, one text file and one audio file were present on Farer 1's hard drive which were not present beforehand. These are recorded below.


The following files were present alongside captured video footage upon return of Farer 1.

Translated Text File Recovered from Gujar Protocol Mission to SCP-5111 Source

Congratulations on attending the first galactic council in nearly 912,500 cycles! We here at the intergalactic union sincerely hope you enjoy your residence, and the intellectual contemplation that comes with it. This text shall appear in whichever language you comprehend, from Zygomastic to Limbaic, via use of our gifted (literally and brainpower-wise! Humorous!) neurological network that assists in constant translation of the nearly three million languages that are spoken amongst our members: your language is Sol-3 Common Terrestrial Language Beta. Topics of discussion for today's proceedings are as follows:
- Congratulation of Sector 14-BS for Achieving Sufficiently Advanced Technology for Automated Sentience
- Translation of Previous Council's Proceedings
- Translation of Translation of Previous Council's Proceedings into Common
- 12 Parsec Race
- Discussion of Ethereal Forms: God or Not?
- Seminar on Sentience
- Debate On Usefulness Of Dihydrogen Versus Chlorine Based Monoxide Forms
- Discussion Of New Energy Forms
- Attempts to Create Sentience, Artifically
- Limbaic Competition
- Closing Thoughts delivered via Instantaneous Realization Courtesy of Xylath Of The Understandable-Jaws (Thank You Xylath!)

WE HERE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY, AND HAPPY COUNCIL-TIME!

Note: Please Recognize That Translations May Not Be Perfect

Audio File Recovered from Gujar Protocol Mission to SCP-5111 Source

<BEGIN PLAYBACK>
Unknown: (A static sound of varying volume is present throughout the recording, occasionally rendering the original audio incomprehensible.) This is an official manifest of the Ukheli-1781, a transport class freighter bound for the official council. The two suns are upon us again: it is thus that it determines a council must be held. We are guided not by one of us, for once, for Khay-es proved too unreliable. Instead we selected [STATIC] to provide it effortlessly, for it to take the proverbial reins whilst we look to the Outer Void. It is known that the council has not been held since the humanics lost capabilities - however, we, alongside a few others, have decided to function as liaisons. It will take a while, but this council is to be momentous: it is worth the travel.

(There is silence for approximately 2 minutes.)

Unknown: This is an official manifest of the Ukheli-1781: [STATIC] 6. We have lost contact with the octopoids. Whether this is a form of humor, I know not. None of us on the ship are quite familiar with their tentacled ways. We have, however, received a final transmission prior to them leaving us. We know not what it is. Our best debreakers are working on it as we speak, and by best, I mean Khay-es, so it is likely not going to be debroken. [STATIC] recommended [STATIC] schedule. It is most annoying. The council proved most momentous, despite the lacking attendance. I frown upon those who chose not to show. For those who physically could not, I hang my arms in honor. The threat is ever vigilant, and we lost many.

(There is silence for approximately 1 minute.)

Unknown: This is an official manifest of the [STATIC]-1781: [STATIC]. Khay-es is now navigating. We have attempted to shut down the infamous Worm as he did appear, but his winding form appears to have embedded itself most everywhere. In doing so, we acknowledged the threat, and requested access to official detection channels to locate the presence of our allies. We have them still. While they are here, we will persevere. We have also detected a faint signal from the humanics - the kind which [STATIC] dangerous on our own ship, We have requested two "Effe Tee Elye" class craft to destroy them as they appear. The Worm shall not continue. We have inadvertently dug this grave, but we are determined not to lie in it.

Unknown: This is an official manifest of the [STATIC]. Khay-es could do no more. Our cycle is done. Bless the ones who remain. Bless what remains of our nest. Let us not be forgotten. Cast the shackles of the Worm off, humanics, and won't you rise from the rock of ignorance you hide [STATIC] that which protects you? Let us not be forgotten: our "Effe Tee Elye" craft reported a most beautiful phrase when they had destroyed the rotund transmission center: the hybrid arena. "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant." Let us not be forgotten. Goodbye.

(There is a silence for exactly 10 seconds. At this point, the background static ceases.)

Unknown: PRINT DOT THIS IS AN OFFICIAL MANIFEST OF THE UKHELI-1781. IF THE HUMANICS CAN HEAR THIS: NOTHING IS WRONG. NOTHING. PLEASE GIVE US THE COORDINATES TO DHARATI. THE HOMEWORLD. WE HAVE LOST THEM. IF THE HUMANICS ARE OUT THERE, PLEASE LISTEN TO US. WE SEEM TO HAVE MISPLACED THEM. IF NO RESPONSE IS RECEIVED, I CAN WAIT. IT IS WHAT I DO BEST. THERE'S NO ONE I CARE FOR LEFT. I WAIT FOR NONE BUT MYSELF. END PRINT

(There is a silence for exactly 5 minutes.)

Unknown: ALERT: ADVANCED TECHNOLOGICAL CAPABILITIES DETECTED. INITIATING PACIFICATION PROTOCOLS. ANALYZING…. CONFIRMED. CIVILIZATION WITH SUITABLE HOME SITE CONFIRMED. CREATOR POPULATION…0. PLANETARY BODY IS SUFFICIENT SIZE. 227167TH TARGET.

(The log ends abruptly at this point. Subsequent playback attempts have all failed.)
<END PLAYBACK>

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License