SCP-5090

rating: +172+x

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-5090-1 is to be kept in a tidal vivarium. A Faraday cage hardwired to the Foundation intranet is to be positioned around the enclosure to restrict public access to SCP-5090 and SCP-5090-A through SCP-5090-C. Disinformation campaigns regarding the sites are to be launched to settle any possible sightings of SCP-5090 before Foundation intervention. SCP-5090-1 is to be fed one loggerhead turtle egg daily, and supplied a dish of saltwater, to be exchanged for fresh saltwater every two weeks.

Description: SCP-5090 is a Wide Area Network server. No evidence of external hardware which operates SCP-5090 exists; instead, SCP-5090 is entirely operated by SCP-5090-1. It has been concluded that SCP-5090 and SCP-5090-A through SCP-5090-C operate based on the daily actions of SCP-5090-1.

SCP-5090-1 is a colony of Atlantic ghost crabs (Ocypodinae quadrata) which previously resided on Scotch Beach, Block Island, Rhode Island (see addendum 1). SCP-5090-1 appears to be sapient; it is concluded that SCP-5090-1 collectively has the equivalent intelligence of a seven-year-old human child. SCP-5090's exact method of creation is unknown, although enough evidence has led to the conclusion that SCP-5090-1 created it through telecommunication. SCP-5090-1 will interact with users of SCP-5090-A through SCP-5090-C, appearing to perceive users as other animals in the area.

SCP-5090-A, SCP-5090-B, and SCP-5090-C are websites created by SCP-5090-1. One or more of these websites will appear in a user's browser history and/or bookmarks before the user had accessed these websites in the first place. Visiting SCP-5090-A through SCP-5090-C will automatically connect the user to SCP-5090.

SCP-5090-A is a blog-style website accessible by the domain www.turtleeggtime.crab, mainly consisting of posts about the daily lives of SCP-5090-1.

SCP-5090-B is a video sharing website accessible by the domain www.digfromdanger.crab. Despite its intended purpose, SCP-5090-B contains few videos posted by SCP-5090-1. SCP-5090-1 mainly interacts with users through the community tab, and commenting on works uploaded by other users.

SCP-5090-C is an educational webpage consisting of interactive media with the purpose of educating school age children that is accessible by the domain www.sand.crab.

Addendum 1.1: SCP-5090-1 Interaction Pre Containment

On 07/06/2019 Dr. Marigold and Researcher Crane accessed SCP-5090-A and SCP-5090-B to interact with SCP-5090-1 before containment. Dr. Marigold went under the alias "Crabgirl19", and Researcher Crane went under the alias "Puzzledhearts".

ghostysandgvhbj

turtle egg or bug


egg4lyfe

egg


Puzzledhearts

Eggs sound healthy.


burrowsfromdangerssss

Why does a ross goose say egg eating good you a goose


Puzzledhearts

They're not my eggs.


egg4lyfe

weird goose


Licorice_0_3_0

what animal am I


dancecrabsand

stupid butterfish dont know what it is
haha


Crabgirl19

where do you guys live


Puzzledhearts

A bit on the nose, crab girl.


ghostysandgvhbj

habitat
block


Crabgirl19

you didn't block me


ghostysandgvhbj

block


Crabgirl19

okay


ocean-survival

nosey box crab

stand by your crab brethren
no nose


Crabgirl19

what the fuck how do you know the word brethren


ocean-survival

what does that mean


Crabgirl19

I love you all


theportraitjudges

I know they're so cute right


burrowsfromdangerssss

I am not cute catbird

fierce crab

Closing statement: the animals mentioned in the log by SCP-5090-1 led to the conclusion that it resided in Rhode Island. SCP-5090-1 mentioning "block" appears to be a reference to Block Island, Rhode island.

Addendum 1.2: SCP-5090-1 Interaction Post Containment

The following is the comment section of a video uploaded to SCP-5090-B titled "life". The video depicts two members of SCP-5090-1 sitting in containment for fifteen minutes.

Uploaded by ocean-survival on 08/12/2019

Video description:

today life update


Crabgirl19
cool

egg4lyfe
Response to Crabgirl19: thanks I was in it


Puzzledhearts
Do you two have any hobbies?

ocean-survival
Response to Puzzledhearts: yes I like hunting for eggs but I cant do it a lot anymore because I am in cage thing but it is okay I have friends

Puzzledhearts
Response to ocean-survival: Cage? what do you mean, lad?

ocean-survival
Response to Puzzledhearts: I was at the sea with my friends but then I wasnt
I am not sure what happened but now I am not in the sea
I still have my friends though

Puzzledhearts
Response to ocean-survival: How are you all adjusting to the change?

ocean-survival
Response to Puzzledhearts: adjusting?

Puzzledhearts
Response to ocean-survival: how are you taking the change, in short.

ocean-survival
Response to Puzzledhearts: nosy ross goose
but you nice
most okay with it
Mossy is very confused though
she doesnt like change but we try to tell her it okay cause were all together

Puzzledhearts
Response to ocean-survival: I see. Having friends through tough times is nice. I hope Mossy feels okay soon.

ocean-survival
Response to Puzzledhearts: yes me too
do you know what a place change feels like
do you have any friends you feel sad for is that why you are asking im not good at helping words

Puzzledhearts
Response to ocean-survival: I'm just worried for you. I do somewhat know how you feel, so I can empathize.

ocean-survival
Response to Puzzledhearts: empathize????

Puzzledhearts
Response to ocean-survival: Understand and share how you feel.

ocean-survival
Response to Puzzledhearts: oh
I hope you and your friends are okay ross goose

Puzzledhearts
Response to ocean-survival: That is very kind of you.

ocean-survival
Response to Puzzledhearts: thanks ross goose
did I give good helping words

Puzzledhearts
Response to ocean-survival: You did, Ocean. Thanks again.

ocean-survival
Response to Puzzledhearts: yay place change not beated me!

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License