SCP-4757
rating: +26+x
Item#: 4757
Level2
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
ekhi
Risk Class:
caution

SCP-4757
SCP-4757, as depicted in Sgt. Harley's diary.

Special Containment Procedures: Due to SCP-4757's spatial manipulation abilities, no effective containment procedures have been devised as of this writing. A Foundation proposal for developing adequate containment methods utilizing Scranton Reality Anchor (SRA) technology was proposed on █████ ██, 20██, but was denied by the O5 council.

In the rare chance that any Foundation personnel are chosen by SCP-4757, they are instructed to refuse participating in any of SCP-4757’s trials until expelled from SCP-4757-A.

Citizens who report an experience similar to those of prior victims of SCP-4757 should be thoroughly interrogated and investigated by Foundation personnel in order to determine if the event was anomalous in nature.

If an investigation concludes that SCP-4757 did in fact manifest, a cover story involving local water contamination producing hallucinatory episodes and lucid dreams should be propagated to prevent public knowledge of SCP-4757. Standard amnestics should be administered to civilians in contact with those affected by SCP-4757.

Description: SCP-4757 is an anomalous entity which manifests as a human male skeletal system. Testing indicates that the anomaly's bones date back to the Viking Age.

Additionally, a grey beard with a length of 15 cm grows out of its mandible, despite observations concluding that SCP-4757's skeletal body does not possess the follicles necessary for human hair growth. The impossibility of hair growth on a skeleton body, as well as functional motor systems despite a nonexistent muscular system, provides further evidence of SCP-4757's outward appearance being affected under the same influence as SCP-4757-A.
SCP-4757 is clad in a brightly colored, blue long sleeved tunic. Slightly offset on its right shoulder is a burgundy, well-crafted woolen cape. A bronze pin is used to hold its cloak together, bearing a snake biting its own tail. Researchers and mythological experts have determined it is referencing the myth of Jörmungandr1, one of the most well-known examples of an ouroboros.

On daybreak of the fourteenth of April, the start of the summer months in the Norse calendar, SCP-4757 will transport two people into a separate reality under its own control, subsequently referred to as SCP-4757-A.

This event can occur anywhere from hundreds of years apart to one year apart. The criteria for selecting the people is unknown to Foundation personnel, and follows no rational or calculable method. However, a higher-than-average number of people chosen have jobs which force them into close proximity with danger. Humans selected by SCP-4757 will then be forced to undergo three ‘trials’ of SCP-4757's own choosing- these can vary from various problems designed to test ingenuity to forced contact with hostile entities of SCP-4757's creation. Upon completion, the subjects will receive a token depicting something related to old Norse culture, detailed further in Table 2.
In the case where the two subjects are unwilling or otherwise incapable of completing any of the challenges presented by SCP-4757, immediate expulsion of the subjects from SCP-4757-A occurs. After this event, the subjects will then be forced to undergo approx. 2-3 hours of verbal disquisition consisting of various derogatory language and lectures expressing disappointment in the subjects.

Current known instances of this event have been chronicled below in Table 1:

Table 1: Known SCP-4757 caused incidents.
Approx. Date Subjects Affected Outcome of Trial(s) Manifestations of SCP-4757-A
April 14, 1942 Sgt. John Harley and Pvt. Niles Telford, Allied soldiers. Successful- Sgt. Harley spoke about a positive outcome later in life. Pvt. Telford died later in the war, however. A large castle and a dungeon with three vials.
April 14, 2018 Dr. Irene Novak and MTF Commander Camala Perez. Successful- Further details can be found in Dr. Novak’s Anomalous Activated Camera Log. An abandoned village, a banquet hall, a cave system, and a palace.
April 14, 2019 D-102932 and Dr. Nguyen. Failure- D-102932 refused cooperation with SCP-4757. An open field during the springtime.

Table 2: SCP-4757's tokens, awarded when officially knighted a warrior of Yvesvale.

Owner of Token Description of Token
Dr. Irene Novak. A silver pin. Depicts a popular Norse myth of Odin sacrificing his eye for eternal knowledge.
Cmd. Camala Perez. A silver pin. Engraved with an image of the Norse god Tyr offering his hand to bind Fenrir.
Sgt. Harley. A bronze charm. It resembles the Nordic rune Gebo, the rune of partnership and love.
Pvt. Telford. A bronze charm. Bears likeness of the Nordic rune Thurisa, often called the gateway rune. Recovered off of Pvt. Telford’s body in 1947.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CAMERA LOG IS CLASSIFIED


ANY ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THIS FILE WITHOUT LEVEL 4/4757 AUTHORIZATION OR SHELDRAKE AUTHORIZATION WILL BE LOGGED AND WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE DISCIPLINARY ACTION. ACCESS TO THIS FILE EXCLUDES BOTH CMD. PEREZ AND DR. NOVAK.


ID
PASSWORD
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License