SCP-405-J
rating: +32+x

Item #: SCP-405-J

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: All Foundation sites are currently under lockdown protocol. No personnel are to leave their current location.

Due to the unknown cause of SCP-405-J, personnel are to be cautious and not interact with anything unfamiliar they encounter in their working environment. Personnel are to maintain regular communication via personal electronic devices for the time-being.

Description: SCP-405-J refers to an ongoing event in which 445 Foundation personnel have been discovered deceased throughout a majority of Foundation sites worldwide. All casualties were of clearance level three or lower; the nature of this correlation has yet to be determined.

Update: As of 23:45 hours (EST) today, 750 personnel have been effected by SCP-405-J.

Update.2: SCP-405-J appears to have ceased activity at 00:00 hours (EST). Lockdown has been lifted. The total death toll is recorded at 890.

Addendum: SCP-405-J has been reclassified as Explained.

Post-investigation revealed that all Foundation personnel found deceased had been accessing the Foundation Archive via an electronic device. In all instances, personnel had been granted access to SCP-001, resulting in exposure to the page’s memetic kill agent.

The indirect cause of this event was revealed to be the following line of code found in the Foundation’s digital archive system:

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License