SCP-4040-J
rating: -2+x
Airborne_Rubber_Chicken%21_%286044212441%29.jpg

squeakkkkkkk!!!!!

Item #: SCP-4040-J

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-4040-J is to be kept in a standard containment locker at Site-19. Access to SCP-4040-J is permitted for recreational purposes, but only with the approval of at least one (1) Level 3 personnel. Personnel are advised to use SCP-4040-J responsibly and to avoid overindulging in its effects.

Description: SCP-4040-J is a seemingly ordinary rubber chicken, approximately 45 cm in length. The object exhibits no anomalous properties when observed or handled. However, when SCP-4040-J is squeezed, it emits a high-pitched "squeak" that causes all individuals within a 10-meter radius to experience an uncontrollable urge to laugh.

The intensity of the laughter varies from person to person, but it has been observed that the more serious or stressed an individual is, the more intense their laughter becomes. The laughter typically lasts for 1-2 minutes, after which the affected individuals return to their normal emotional state.

Addendum 4040-J-1: Dr. Pearl is strictly forbidden from using SCP-4040-J during important meetings, disciplinary hearings, or any other situation where maintaining a serious atmosphere is crucial. Dr. Pearl has been reprimanded for her past misuse of SCP-4040-J and is reminded that the Foundation is a professional organization, not a comedy club.

Addendum 4040-J-2: Following several incidents involving SCP-4040-J and the inappropriate disruption of Foundation activities, additional containment procedures have been implemented.

Revised Special Containment Procedures: SCP-4040-J is now to be kept in a soundproof containment locker at Site-19. Access to SCP-4040-J is permitted for recreational purposes, but only with the approval of at least one (1) Level 4 personnel. Personnel are advised to use SCP-4040-J responsibly and to avoid overindulging in its effects.

Incident Log 4040-J-A: On ██/██/████, Dr. Pearl used SCP-4040-J during a high-level security briefing, causing uncontrollable laughter among the attendees. The briefing was delayed by 30 minutes, and Dr. Pearl received a formal reprimand for her actions.

Incident Log 4040-J-B: On ██/██/████, SCP-4040-J was smuggled into the Site-19 cafeteria during lunch hour. The resulting laughter caused several minor injuries and the spillage of multiple food trays. An investigation into the individual responsible for this incident is ongoing.

Incident Log 4040-J-C: On ██/██/████, Dr. Pearl , in an attempt to "lighten the mood," used SCP-4040-J during a containment breach drill. The laughter caused by SCP-4040-J led to confusion and a delay in response time. Dr. Pearl was temporarily suspended from duty and required to attend a disciplinary hearing.

In light of these incidents, all personnel are reminded that SCP-4040-J is not to be used in any situation where it may compromise the safety or professionalism of the Foundation. Misuse of SCP-4040-J will result in disciplinary action.

Addendum 4040-J-3: Following a thorough review of SCP-4040-J's containment procedures and incident logs, the Ethics Committee has issued the following recommendations to prevent further misuse of SCP-4040-J:

  • All personnel must undergo a mandatory training session on the responsible use of SCP-4040-J and the potential consequences of its misuse.
  • A logbook must be maintained to record all instances of SCP-4040-J usage, including the date, time, location, and names of all individuals present during the activation of SCP-4040-J.
  • Any personnel found to be misusing SCP-4040-J or encouraging its misuse will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including demotion or termination of employment.
  • Dr. Pearl is to be closely monitored by security personnel when in proximity to SCP-4040-J and is required to obtain written approval from Site Director ██████ before accessing SCP-4040-J for any reason.

The Ethics Committee hopes that these recommendations will help to maintain a professional atmosphere at the Foundation while still allowing for the occasional moment of levity provided by SCP-4040-J.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License