SCP-3938
rating: +70+x

Item #: SCP-3938

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3938 is to be kept in a standard containment chamber with a singular bike rack at Site-13. SCP-3938 is to be equipped with a GPS tracking device. Testing is to be approved by Level 3 personnel.

Description: SCP-3938 is an animate stylized bicycle. Between the handle bars at the front is a plastic cartoon face with a round red nose, large eyes with oval pupils, and blue lips. Both of its wheels have an orange disc wheel cover with a red circle at the center. The bike seat is designed to resemble a sofa cushion with a backrest, and has a seat belt which goes over the waist. It has two antenna flags bearing the image of a stylized W attached to the back wheel and a radio speaker beneath the sides of the seat. At the back, it has a white metal plate which reads "Dr. Wondertainment's Take-You-Anywhere Machine."

SCP-3938 is sapient and is capable of vocalization in English. It has shown to be able to speak other languages though it prefers not to due to lack of fluency. It speaks in an excited tone and will often offer to give personnel a ride on it. It can stand up on its own and wander its vicinity in a slow pace which it claims to find tiring. SCP-3938 enjoys discussion about geography and landmarks, saying that it enjoys it because it is performing its intended purpose, which is being an educational product in regards to aforementioned topics.

When ridden by a human, SCP-3938 is capable of rapid speeds of up to ██ km per hour. Regardless of speed, it will sometimes leave a trail of flames and play the songs "Speed Demon" by Michael Jackson or "Bat Out Of Hell" by Meat Loaf on the radio speaker.1 It is also capable of flight via unknown means, which it only performs to go over obstacles2 or upon the rider's request. During the ride, SCP-3938 will ask the rider if they have a specific location they may wish to visit. When a location is given, SCP-3938 will take the subject to the specified location via flight or land; however, SCP-3938 will sometimes refuse and provide a reason in regards to a location. For example, requesting the Moon leads to the response, "You need a space suit." When finally at the designated location, SCP-3938 will give a tour around the area of notable locations and surrounding areas that may interest the rider.

SCP-3938 came in a large cardboard box. The box displayed images of SCP-3938 and the price at the corner being $35.99 (US) along with the caption "Paradox free!" The following is a description of the item on the box:

Oh, the places you'll go with Dr. Wondertainment's Take-You-Anywhere Machine!

Now you can go visit and learn of fun places old and far. You simply no longer need to see the world only in a book so go and see any place! Wherever. Whenever. The past, present or future! You can do so via flight or on good old land! Wow!

Just be sure to wear a helmet, boys and girls, and don't feed the Dinosaurs!

For any questions, please contact Wondertainment Customer Service at 1-800-█████-████.3

From the description, it is assumed that SCP-3938 could perform time travel, though there has been no evidence proving this. See Addendum 01 and Document 3938.

SCP-3938 was recovered from an auction hosted by Group of Interest 'Marshal, Carter and Dark Ltd.' by Mobile Task Force Mu-03 ("Highest Bidders") on 12/10/06.

Addendum 01: The following transcript is an interview with SCP-3938.

Interviewed: SCP-3938

Interviewer: Dr. Rodriguez

<Begin Log>

SCP-3938: Hey there! How's your day? Would you like to have a ride?

Dr. Rodriguez: No thanks, SCP-3938. I just have some questions for you.

SCP-3938: Questions are a good thing. What would you like to know?

Dr. Rodriguez: Well, do you have any features we are unaware of?

SCP-3938: That's a bit silly. I don't think so…really.

Dr. Rodriguez: Are you sure? Most Wondertainment products usually have an array of features.

SCP-3938: Hmm. Well, I think I am able to go any place in time. I could be wrong though. Does it say so on my box?

Dr. Rodriguez: Well…

[Dr. Rodriguez is informed to deny SCP-3938's question via an ear piece.]

Dr. Rodriguez: No. There are no such details on the box.

SCP-3938: Really? That's…odd. I felt like I could once. Although, if the box says otherwise then okay. Who am I to argue with it? Still, I can't shake the feeling that I did have that feature.

Dr. Rodriguez: How so?

SCP-3938: For some reason, I think I remember seeing a dinosaur once… Oh well! Likely just a random error in memory. It happens to everyone these days. [Laughs]

Dr. Rodriguez: Right… Well, I believe we are done for today.

SCP-3938: Oh, before you go, are you sure you don't want a ride?

<End Log>

Document 3938: The following documents were retrieved from the offices of Marshall, Carter and Dark Ltd. before and after acquisition of SCP-3938. The external report section of MC&D documents has been removed for redundancy.

Addendum 02: [LEVEL 4 CLEARANCE REQUIRED]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License