SCP-3917
rating: +26+x
SCP-3917

SCP-3917 in its inactive state.

Item #: SCP-3917

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3917 is to be contained within a 30 cm by 30 cm acrylic box. The interior of the box must have a constant pressure of 0.65 atmospheres. No glass objects or electronics are permitted within 75 400 meters of the containment cell. All staff attending SCP-3917 must be free of silicon implants, glass accessories, and any other form of silicon based attire.

Instances of SCP-3917-1 are to remain suspended in the hand sanitizer mixture at all times, and the levels of hand sanitizer in SCP-3917 are to be topped up every two weeks to account for evaporation.

SCP-3917-2 is to remain sealed by a layer of acrylic resin indefinitely. Any materials contacting the outside surface of the resin are to be collected and incinerated.

Description: SCP-3917 is a glass bottle, approximately 15 cm in height with an aluminum screw-on lid. Inside the bottle are 106 105 beetles of the species luprops tristis1 suspended in a mixture of isopropyl alcohol, amniomethyl propanol, and glycerin in a combination consistent with that of many brand name hand sanitizers.

At any point, if SCP-3917 is exposed to greater than one atmospheres of pressure, the object will activate and begin exhibiting an anomalous attractive property towards any silicon based compounds. All silicon based materials that move within approximately 50 meters of SCP-3917 are immediately pulled in the direction of the bottle. Materials attracted by SCP-3917 are anchored in place upon making contact with the glass surface of the jar or another anchored material. The bond between an anchored material and SCP-3917 is extremely strong. No known methods have been successful in separating an activated SCP-3917 from an anchored object. While barriers can be used to prevent materials from anchoring to the bottle, they are not effective at reducing the attractive properties of SCP-3917.

Placing SCP-3917 in a low pressure environment removes all attractive properties. Objects anchored to SCP-3917 are immediately released and lose any attraction to the bottle. Once placed in greater than one atmospheres of pressure, all anomalous properties return to SCP-3917.

Addendum: SCP-3917-2 is a reanimated instance of SCP-3917-1, first collected after the events of Experiment Log #3917-2. SCP-3917-2 is a sphere with a diameter of 3.0 3.3 3.4 meters, composed of various forms of silicon based debris as well as the body of Agent [REDACTED]. SCP-3917-2 is seemingly unaffected by outside forces such as gravity and floats above the floor of its containment cell.

Discovery: SCP-3917 was recovered 25/07/20██, 33 meters off the coast of ████████, Nova Scotia after residents noticed a large sand bar form and increase in height over the course of three days. At the time of recovery, SCP-3917 had acquired a shell consisting of 13.2 meters of anchored sand particles.

The entire shell, including SCP-3917, was raised from the water using a freight helicopter. After approximately 30 seconds, the helicopter lost power, falling and crashing into the beach. Particles of broken glass were seen moving out of the wreckage and along the ground towards the shell. The shell continued to grow steadily for the next three hours while Foundation personnel prepared a secondary method of transportation for SCP-3917.

A large dump truck was modified to carry the shell, having all glass removed from the windows. It was moved to the recovery location alongside a large crane. The shell, now well over 15 m thick, was lifted into the bed of the truck. Sand could be observed moving up the exterior of the truck and into the bed. Foundation staff were able to cover the mass of sand and glass with a large sheet of tarpaulin. It was noted that sand on the outside surface of the tarp was unable to anchor to the shell and maintained a free range of movement despite its close proximity to SCP-3917.

With SCP-3917 no longer surrounded by a large source of sand, the growth of the shell greatly slowed. On the way to Site-312, the truck experienced a large change in altitude. At approximately 340 meters above sea level, SCP-3917 transitioned to an inactive state, collapsing the shell back into a loose mound of sand and debris. Agents were able to recover the inert SCP-3917 and transport it the rest of the way to Site-312 for containment without incident.

It is noted that after the freight helicopter was inspected after the crash, it was found that all electronic circuit boards had fractured from exposure to SCP-3917.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License