SCP-3821
rating: +40+x
USPS_box%2C_Oceanside_Transit_Center.jpg

SCP-3821 prior to containment

Item #: SCP-3821

Object Class: Safe Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3821 shall be kept inside a Secure Storage Vault when not being used to carry out containment procedures. Every three days, an envelope containing a blank letter addressed to the Foundation's front business, "Royal Paper Distributor", will be inserted into SCP-3821. Once the letter has arrived, it is to be disposed of in any manner deemed fit.

SCP-3821-1 is to be kept within a 5m x 5m x 3m Humanoid Containment Cell outfitted with a mail chute and Mail sorting unit, and shall be monitored for any abnormal activity.

Description: SCP-3821 refers to a standard blue United States Postal Service collection box. Its anomalous effects can be observed when an envelope weighing under 13 oz., containing a letter, and labeled with a valid postage stamp is inserted into the anomaly. After insertion, the envelope will appear at any location it is addressed to, provided it is within the United States, precisely two days later. In the event that the second day falls on a Sunday, the envelope will instead appear the next day.

Discovery: SCP-3821's effects were first observed on 5/23/2017 when five envelopes carrying improvised explosive devices detonated in multiple locations across Site-█. Security footage captured two of the envelopes materializing shortly before the detonation. An investigation into the source of the components of the explosives identified the devices' creator to be James Richfield. Interrogations by Foundation officials revealed him to be a member of the Chaos Insurgency, as well as revealing the existence and location of SCP-3821.

SCP-3821-1 Recovery: Shortly after the discoveries of the fifth test, an exploration unit was assembled and sent to investigate the uncovered location. The location was revealed to be an abandoned mailroom containing SCP-3821-1. SCP-3821-1 appeared to be a caucasian male 1.8 meters in height and clad in professional work attire. Upon closer inspection, it was revealed that the figure possessed no facial features besides two humanoid ears. The subject offered no resistance during containment and was relocated to Site-█. After the subject's containment, SCP-3821 temporarily ceased anomalous activity.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License