SCP-3705
rating: +36+x

Item #: SCP-3705

Object Class: Neutralized

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3705's cape and the cassette tapes found at the site of SCP-3705's neutralization are to be contained in standard containment lockers.

Description: SCP-3705 was an approximately 1.8 meter tall, animate scarecrow composed of wood and straw. SCP-3705 was outfitted with a straw hat, a white shirt, and a green floral-print cape worn around its neck. SCP-3705 possessed multiple scorch marks on its body and clothing, and SCP-3705's clothing was torn in various locations. SCP-3705 was capable of sight and hearing despite having possessed no discernible organs or mechanisms that enabled these senses.

Eight arachnoid legs composed of wood were attached to SCP-3705's torso, measuring approximately 1.25 meters. Each of SCP-3705's legs have joints that appear to have been created via infliction of damage to each leg, as each leg appeared to have been forcefully bent from a previously straight structure into its jointed structure. At the end of each leg was a hole of unknown depth. SCP-3705 was capable of expelling water from each of these holes. It is unknown how the water SCP-3705 expelled was acquired.

On 3/27/2004, SCP-3705 was discovered by the Foundation when SCP-3705's appearance was reported at a forest fire located at [REDACTED] by undercover operatives working as helicopter pilots for local news stations. MTF Epsilon-14 ("Out of the Frying Pan") was deployed to contain SCP-3705. SCP-3705 ignited and was destroyed before MTF Epsilon-14 reached SCP-3705's location.

During further inspection after the fire was extinguished, a cardboard box was found at the area of SCP-3705's neutralization. Within the box were 17 video cassette tapes and the cape worn by SCP-3705. The cassette tapes contained videos showing footage of various events involving SCP-3705. A title for each cassette tape was written on a piece of masking tape attached to each cassette tape.

The following message was found written on the inside of the cape with black ink.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License