SCP-3663
site-54-tunnel

SCP-3663's containment zone. Entity not pictured.

Item №: SCP-3663

Object Class: Euclid Keter

Threat Level: Orange

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3663 is currently located in what were formerly the Site-54 maintenance tunnels. To prevent demanifestation, no personnel are to be given access to the area, and efforts are to be taken to reduce the tunnels' moisture levels.

Should SCP-3663 demanifest, MTF Nu-4 ("Box Cutters") are to be mobilised, with the goal of a) locating SCP-3663 and b) preventing any damage occurring to the entity. If possible, SCP-3663 is to be fitted with GPS tracking devices to aid re-containment. Once located, SCP-3663 is to be transferred to a mobile pipe network, and remanded to Site-54.

Efforts are to be undertaken to discourage SCP-3663 from transporting itself to a location within two kilometers of SCP-015.

Description: SCP-3663 is a humanoid entity constructed primarily from cardboard (in the form of boxes and tubes), adhesive tape, and twine. SCP-3663 is fully capable of movement and vocalisation via an unknown mechanism, and has proven to be semi-sapient, responding to questions and reacting to its immediate environment. The interior of SCP-3663 contains crude cardboard and paper models of all major human organs, with coloured wool representing blood vessels and the nervous system. SCP-3663 does not require these components to function, and their purpose within the entity is unknown.

SCP-3663 is capable of instantaneously transporting both itself and other objects over long distances, with no upper limit to the entity's range observed. The method by which this is achieved is currently unknown, though it is known that physical contact with the entity is required. Despite being able to utilise its abilities regardless of physical location, SCP-3663 has shown extreme preference for 3663-Applicable regions (defined as an enclosed, tunnel-like space, or network of spaces, measuring at least 40 cm in diameter), and will invariably choose to manifest within such areas.

SCP-3663 behaviour is easily predictable when not influenced by outside forces. The entity will engage in a simple cyclic pattern of actions, which have been recorded as follows:

  1. SCP-3663 manifests in a 3663-Applicable area, emitting low vocalisations and waving its arms in a manner suggesting attempted intimidation or fright. The entity will begin roaming the area, pausing periodically to emit louder, higher pitched noises.
  2. SCP-3663 will attempt to make its way towards any human subject in the area. Note that if no subject is nearby, this action will not commence, and SCP-3663 will simply remain in the area indefinitely. Rarely, SCP-3663 has been observed pursuing subjects outside of 3663-Applicable areas, to a distance of (at most) 50 metres.
  3. The subject is gripped by the entity, and experiences heightened apprehension and/or paranoia. SCP-3663 demanifests.
  4. SCP-3663 manifests in a second 3663-Applicable location, along with the subject, who is invariably unconscious but otherwise unharmed. After releasing the subject and moving a short distance, SCP-3663 demanifests a second time, reappearing in a third location and triggering the beginning of a new cycle.

If at any point during this cycle SCP-3663 is damaged in such a way as to inhibit movement, or is moved more than 50 metres away from a 3663-Applicable area, it will instantaneously demanifest, returning to the beginning of a new cycle in a repaired state. Small damages, such as minor cuts or tears, will not trigger this effect.

Addendum.1: Interview log 3663-1:

Addendum.2: Event 3663-Delta:

On ██/██/20██, SCP-3663's behaviour diverged briefly from established patterns. At 14:20, the entity emerged from the Site-54 maintenance tunnels and began to emit vocalisations in excess of 80 dB. These vocalisations, described as 'pained' by on-site staff, had a profound psychological effect, placing many personnel into a state of shock1. For ~4 hours, SCP-3663 wandered the facility, attacking staff and engaging in small-scale vandalism of facilities. Of note is the fact that SCP-3663 repeatedly attempted self-harm, by means of knives, pipes, water taps, and firearms. While SCP-3663 was repeatedly destroyed in this process, it subsequently re-manifested in the nearest air duct or maintenance area.

Following the event, two bodies of former personnel were recovered from within Site-54. Autopsies showed the cause of death was a buildup of paper residue/wood pulp in all major blood vessels, as well as sinuses, ear tubes, and the majority of the digestive and respiratory systems. A number of other staff members were found to have been affected to a lesser degree, but are expected to make full recoveries. The entity's object class and definition of an SCP-3663-Applicable area have been updated accordingly.

Subsequent information gathering revealed that this event coincided almost exactly with the death of POI-3663-12, who died of natural causes at the age of 79. Prior to their death, the individual in question had led an entirely unremarkable life, with no connection to any other anomalous groups, individuals, or objects. Attempts to establish a connection with the creation or origin of SCP-3663 are currently ongoing.

Addendum.3: Discovery Log:

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License