SCP-3356
rating: +38+x

Item #: SCP-3356

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3356 is to be kept in a Level-4 Humanoid Containment Unit1 at Site-06-3. Special nutrients are to be prepared by the SCP Dietary Department and delivered weekly to the subject's containment unit. Additional security personnel or measures for SCP-3356 are deemed unnecessary.

Level-2-3356 personnel are to adopt "Cult Minion" character roles when interacting with SCP-3356. The head researcher Dr. Tony Yang is to adopt a "Cult Leader" character role, as well as a "Biographer" role, when communicating with the subject.

Description: SCP-3356 is a sapient composite of human mitochondria, shaped in a humanoid form. The subject is capable of both verbal and written communication in English2. SCP-3356 is approximately 1.82 meters tall, and has an average body temperature of 50°C3.

SCP-3356 is a Type-1 pyrokinetic entity: it is capable of producing exothermic blasts of temperatures up to 500°C via accelerating the rate of respiration of its constituent mitochondria. The subject is also a Type-4 telekinetic entity, being capable of flight at velocities up to 100 km/hr via lifting and accelerating itself through the atmosphere4.

SCP-3356 also has some mild ESP properties, being capable of vision, audition, gustation, olfaction and somatosensation without the use of any sensory organs. The subject also utilizes its telekinetic capability to verbally communicate via a localized auditory air vibration in the frontal proximity of its head5.

SCP-3356 constantly emits a radiant, green glow that encompasses its entire form, making the subject resemble a muscular, young adult human male. It is currently hypothesized that SCP-3356's external, humanoid body is a psychic hallucination that the subject unconsciously induces in all onlookers. SCP-3356's true form is theoretically much smaller, though the subject has so far successfully resisted every Foundation attempt to locate its actual body via unknown means.

SCP-3356 relies entirely on nutritional formula6 consisting of water, electrolytes, glucose, amino acids, lipids, vitamins and minerals for sustenance, and can allegedly survive without nutrients for several months. Otherwise, the subject requires sleep as well as a regular supply of water and breathable air like a non-anomalous organism.

Occasionally, SCP-3356 has attempted to abstain from eating, drinking, sleeping or even breathing, due to its apparently genuine belief that the subject should attempt to free itself and 'transcend' from these so-called 'eukaryote disadvantages'. Fortunately, SCP-3356 had so far always given up before reaching critical condition. As a precaution, the subject has been placed under semi-permanent suicide watch.

Recovery Log-3356: SCP-3356 first became known to the Foundation after several eyewitness reports were received concerning a "bright green" Unidentified Flying Object being spotted in [REDACTED], New Zealand. Investigators were however unable to follow up on these initial sightings. It was while pursuing a recent, more concrete sighting of SCP-3356 that led the Investigators to discover the subject living in an isolated, rural settlement, being worshiped by the inhabitants as a 'higher energy being'.

Initial containment efforts proved difficult as a result of SCP-3356's telekinetic and pyrokinetic capabilities. This has prompted current SCP-3356 head researcher Dr. Tony Yang to implement a plan that has successfully manipulated the subject into peacefully accepting Foundation containment, and to fully cooperate with SCP-3356 personnel.

Dr. Yang and his colleagues masqueraded as "a classified sect of [SCP-3356]'s followers that had infiltrated the NZ government", a claim backed up by the cultists after the latter party was convinced to cooperate with the Foundation. Dr. Yang has claimed that, as leader of this secret government enclave, he is seeking the 'containment' of the subject because "humanity is not yet ready for [SCP-3356]'s brilliance", and that "[the Foundation] wishes to protect [SCP-3356] from the world until Phase 37 is complete."

SCP-3356 apparently believed Dr. Yang completely, and has yet to discover the true nature of its containment. So far, Dr. Yang and the rest of the containment personnel has successfully maintained this masquerade, disguising experiments as "rituals meant to celebrate [SCP-3356]'s superiority".

After standard post-containment interrogation of the cultists were complete, they were all administered a memory manipulation therapy, where all memories of SCP-3356 were modified to be remembered as mere drug-induced hallucinations. The cult has been placed under regular surveillance in order to detect and neutralize any relapses from the therapy that may manifest.

Interview Log-3356: The following interview was conducted on ██/██/20██ between Dr. Tony Yang and SCP-3356, one week after the subject's transfer to Site-06-3. A bullet and fire-proof window separated Dr. Yang from SCP-3356, with an intercom being used for communication.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License