SCP-3178
  • rating: +103+x

⚠️ content warning

NOTICE FROM THE FOUNDATION RECORDS AND INFORMATION SECURITY ADMINISTRATION

I don't know who you are, and you will never know who I am. That's fine. But we're on the same side. I have to be fast about this:

  • I've included everything I could recover after the church fire.
  • Olney is complicit, but I doubt they'll be of much help to you.
  • I don't think this is the root of the problem.

— [INVALID ID]

Threat Level: Yellow


whitewater.PNG

Whitewater, Mississippi.


Special Containment Procedures: Due to the isolated nature of Whitewater, containment is focused on controlling the flow of information out of the village. With this in mind, agents embedded within major internet service providers are to prevent the expansion of internet services until SCP-3178 is identified and contained.

Mobile Task Force Gamma-691 ("When Something Interesting Happens") is to be kept on standby in case of activity that may escalate SCP-3178's Object Class or Threat Level. Two officers are to remain within Whitewater in order to investigate SCP-3178.

Due to the presence of a GoI-952 ("Olney Ironworks") manufacturing center within an hour's drive of Whitewater, the Foundation is looking into solutions to the issue of cross-contamination with SCP-3178.

Description: SCP-3178 is a phenomenon, entity, or series of rituals responsible for several anomalous events within the village of Whitewater, Mississippi. The nature of SCP-3178 is unknown, including whether or not it constitutes a singular entity or force.

The populace of Whitewater is aware of SCP-3178, attributing it to the actions of the Christian Trinity. Confinement of SCP-3178's events' to members of the Whitewater Baptist Church (of which 71% of Whitewater's population belongs to) is cited as proof of this.

It is known that SCP-3178's influence was first recorded by the populace on 09/13/2001, following the inexplicable recovery of Pastor Redd Harding after two hours of clinical death as the result of an untreated coral snake bite. Since then, multiple anomalous events have been recorded, including:

  • A "prophetic vision" depicting the exact location of Calvin Harding, then missing.
  • The spontaneous pregnancy of Ms. Maisie Hill immediately following a confirmed miscarriage.
  • The occurrence of snowfall during the funeral of Deacon William Barnes, despite the date (July 7th).
  • The impromptu recitation of Luke 23 and subsequent spontaneous combustion of Mr. John O'Connolly, during his court appearance for kidnapping and battery.

HISTORY

SCP-3178 was discovered following post-incident investigation of Incident-5952-C-Ford. The nature of Researcher Ford's injuries, as well as interviews with witnesses, suggested the existence of a separate anomalous force or entity related to the SCP-5952 project. However, further investigation revealed no apparent links between SCP-5952 and SCP-3178, aside from the involvement of Joseph Comstock Rockwell, a Whitewater-based Baptist preacher working as faculty in WWSCSTT.

Elder Rockwell rebuffed initial requests for an interview, citing both his schedule and the Foundation's alleged conduct during Incident-5952-B Schumer-Velasquez-Ford. Furthermore, persons of interest to the SCP-5952 project either refuse to cooperate or lack significant knowledge of the SCP-3178 phenomenon.

On 05/13/2010, Foundation Overwatch ordered investigation into SCP-3178 and its connection to Whitewater. Officers Efrain Rodríguez and Connor Zhou were deployed in response.


ADDENDUM-3178-003


ADDENDUM-3178-004


WARNING: UNVERIFIED ADDITION


ASE.aic CANNOT VERIFY THE CREDENTIALS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROPOSED ADDITION. EXTREME CAUTION IS ADVISED.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License