SCP-3119
rating: +21+x

Item #: SCP-3119

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3119-C's toilets must be cleaned daily; its inner and exterior walls repainted once a year; and its floor kept in a good state of repair. Ongoing containment suggests that SCP-3119-C must attract in excess of 80 people each night to avoid an Event-3119-New-Yorker. Drink prices must be competitive.

Speakers, sound decks and lighting rigs should be modular in design to allow for changing fashions. Any non-modular renovations will require enacting Procedure SCP-3119-Conga, and the containment team should consider designating a new property as SCP-3119-C rather than maintain the current property. SCP-3119-C should be open for a minimum of 6 hours per night, and must be open for a minimum of 35 hours per week. Destruction of an instance of SCP-3119-C is expected to cause an immediate Event-3119-New-Yorker and is forbidden.

The Foundation supplies a mild psychoactive substance (currently MDMA) cut with Class B amnestics to the local hidden economy with the requirement they be sold only after 1AM, and only in the locality of SCP-3119-C, and at an attractively low price.

EC-3119-A Containment Addendum: The Foundation must materially encourage local law enforcement to patrol in the area around SCP-3119-C during the sale hours of these amnestics. The Ethics Committee would remind researchers that the Foundation does not sell roofies.

Description: Instances of SCP-3119 are sentient, non-corporeal, non-visible entities that subsist on the communal expression of music and dance. There are currently two known instances of SCP-3119, designated -1 and -2, both currently contained in the Pearl District of Portland. No difference in their personality or tastes have been measured to date. SCP-3119 instances are telepathic and friendly and do not leave SCP-3119-C unless encouraged. Any researchers that have completed Telepathic Containment 102 or higher are permitted to interact with SCP-3119 directly for the purposes of containment and gathering data.

Instances of SCP-3119 inhabit non-anomalous dance halls or nightclubs. We denote these here by the suffix "-C" for "Club" e.g. SCP-3119-C. These instances of SCP-3119-C should be outfitted to compete with local dance halls or nightclubs, either by the Foundation or by the 'host' of Event-3119-New-Yorker (see below). SCP-3119 will leave SCP-3119-C only during occurrences of Event-3119-New-Yorker and Procedure-3119-Conga.

The primary effect of SCP-3119 is to heighten the sensations and imagination of dancers, musicians and DJs during an evening of dancing. In a nightclub environment SCP-3119 will temporarily infest a single dancer who will temporarily gain a euphoric sense of heightened reality: music will appear purer; dance will feel more vital; people will usually appear to radiate storge, empathetic love. SCP-3119 will infest this dancer for around one song and then move on to another dancer. Tests with both D-Class and Research personnel have shown that SCP-3119 chooses its hosts based on only their desire and ability to dance.

No verbal communication has been established with SCP-3119. If the DJ of SCP-3119-C plays a slow-paced track the infested dancer will show mild disgust; they will dance in a way consistent with a fast non-audible polyrhythm mixed into the audible music. If an area of SCP-3119-C has poor acoustics SCP-3119 will leave the infested dancer should they dance into it. The recently-infested dancer will usually express disappointment, and inform the bar staff about the poor acoustics in that area. All attempts to communicate with SCP-3119 by e.g. dancing using Morse code or semaphore flags have failed. The emotional state of SCP-3119 is available to any infested dancer.

Infested dancers can remember that they were not alone in their heads. Dancers that are regular attendees of SCP-3119-C, or who have been repeatedly infested during a single night, are to be encouraged to partake of the provided psychoactive-laced Class-B amnestics in order to discredit these memories. A list of regular attendees is to be maintained by the Lead Researcher, currently Dr. Gillard.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License