SCP-3082
rating: +262+x
kerala_treehouse.jpg

The exterior of SCP-3082

Item #: SCP-3082

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: The suburban locale surrounding SCP-3082 and the private property associated with the anomaly itself are to remain in the Foundation's ownership, functioning as a Site-11 satellite facility. In order to more easily preserve the appearance of an unremarkable neighborhood, it is recommended that Foundation personnel inhabit residences in the vicinity of SCP-3082.

The ladder granting access to SCP-3082 is to be removed when not in use.

Personnel must maintain diplomatic relations with the human population of SCP-3082-1. In the interest of perpetuating goodwill, personnel are not to interfere with internal conflicts among residents of the anomaly.

The population of the village designated SCP-3082-1-ϴ may request that the Foundation provide certain items. Requests for clothing, entertainment devices, and media may be fulfilled at the discretion of authorized staff. The provision of livestock, pets, tools, food, beverage, and/or other items must be approved by a Level 4 supervisor and endorsed by the village's "chief royal council".1

access-point.jpg

SCP-3082 as seen from SCP-3082-1's pocket dimension

Description: SCP-3082 is a 2 m by 2 m by 2 m treehouse located in the mid-western United States. The object is made of cherry wood planks. SCP-3082 is also a 4 m by 5 m by 2.5 m maple wood treehouse cabin located in an evergreen section of SCP-3082-1. In this form, the object appears to have been constructed in the Greek revival architectural style.

SCP-3082's two forms are connected by a 1 meter by 1.3 meter hatch on an interior wall of the object. The hatch serves as the access point to and from a stable, Earth-like pocket dimension containing neither large fauna nor sentient native inhabitants. This external reality is centered around SCP-3082-1.

Measuring an estimated 160 km tall, SCP-3082-1 is an extreme megaflorum and arboreal organism displaying numerous traits from a large variety of identifiable plants seemingly grafted onto it. Sampling and analysis have determined that sections of SCP-3082-1 which resemble various plant species are genetically identical to non-anomalous specimens. Analysis of bark samples taken from transition areas between one plant species and another has revealed [DATA REDACTED].

Conifers (Pinophyta) and flowering deciduous trees are the most common phenotypical features in the portion of SCP-3082-1's geography that has been documented by the Foundation. Approximately 10% of documented plants are edible or bear fruit edible to humans. The most notable graft organism observed of the many that make up SCP-3082-1 is an anomalous species of pitcher plant (Nepenthes) which contains fresh water in its pitcher cups2 rather than trap fluid.

dead-trees.jpg

Enhanced long-range photo of the ground-level geography surrounding SCP-3082-1

SCP-3082-1 appears to be the sole major vertical structure within its extradimensional space. Long-range imaging has revealed only flat terrain and decaying plant life extending out from the organism's base for at least 3000 km. Despite great altitude variation, atmospheric pressure remains largely consistent (averaging 101 kPa) throughout the pocket reality. Temperate weather patterns exist in the local vicinity of SCP-3082-1. Researchers have determined that the organism receives approximately 1300 mm of annual precipitation on average.3

Living within the pocket dimension are 74 human children of American nationality ranging from 4 to 12 years old. 73 of these subjects currently reside in a village of treehouses, henceforth designated SCP-3082-1-ϴ, located in a section of SCP-3082-1's uppermost branches. Each individual claims to have suddenly appeared on the porch of SCP-3082 after fleeing from an abusive household. Neither the children nor their possessions appear to physically age or deteriorate. Investigation has positively identified these children as the subjects of missing person reports from 1996 through modern day.

SCP-3082-1-ϴ is situated approximately 120 meters from the location of SCP-3082 within the pocket reality. A series of platforms and rope bridges4 lead from the access point to the village without detour. The tree forts of SCP-3082-1-ϴ are of notably cruder construction than SCP-3082. Corroborated statements from the chronologically oldest residents of the village indicate that the object was present prior to when subjects began appearing.

The residents of SCP-3082-1-ϴ are prevented from entering the access point in SCP-3082 by a reportedly glass-like barrier unobservable by human subjects age 13 and older.

Two distinct political factions have arisen within SCP-3082-1-ϴ as an indirect result of Foundation interference. The presently larger camp has expressed support for research efforts toward the goal of releasing the village residents from the pocket reality. The smaller group, which calls itself the "Neverland movement", has declared opposition to the Foundation's planned resettlement of the subjects to normal reality should a viable means of cross-dimensional transportation be found.

Document #3082-01: Visually aided dossier of SCP-3082 case files relevant to current research and operations.

guest-hut.jpg

Foundation guest house

Following the establishment of diplomatic relations with the governing assembly of SCP-3082-1-ϴ, residents of the village provided Foundation personnel with lodgings on the outskirts of their community.

Both manned and unmanned explorations of SCP-3082-1 are directed from this location.

.
.
.

.

.


Document #3082-02: Excerpts from transcripts of interviews with the residents of SCP-3082-1-ϴ.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License