SCP-294-DE
  • rating: +11+x

⚠️ content warning
German_Mansion%2C_ca._1919.jpg

Only known photographic material of the Eisner mansion, taken from the diaries of Josef von Eisner. The persons are believed to be Hans and Leon von Eisner, ca. 1913.

Item #: SCP-294-DE

Object Class: Memet1

Secure Containment Procedures: SCP-294-DE-03 to -08 are contained by the area designated as SCP-294-DE-01. In addition, civilians are unknowingly repelled by SCP-294-DE-01 due to its anomalous effect, rendering Foundation protection of the area unnecessary. Nevertheless, SCP-294-DE-01 is monitored by drone at all times. All anomalies in SCP-294-DE-01 are documented and reported to the site manager of Site-DE10. Depending on the situation, it will be decided whether an expedition to SCP-294-DE-01 should be conducted by MTF DE20-𝔇 (20-Delta, "Die Dachse").

All personnel working in connection with SCP-294-DE, as well as all personnel granted access to the file of SCP-294-DE, will be administered a mnestic which negates the anti-memetic effects of SCP-294-DE-01.

SCP-294-DE-02 is stored in the morgue of Site-DE10. No other security measures are necessary for SCP-294-DE-02.

Description: SCP-294-DE-01 describes a circular area with a diameter of 200 metres. In the centre of SCP-294-DE-01 is the "Eisner mansion", a mansion of the noble family von Eisner. SCP-294-DE-01 is located about 2 km north of the Bavarian municipality Emskirchen. With the exception of the Eisner mansion, only forest is located in SCP-294-DE-01.

SCP-294-DE-01 possesses an antimemetic anomalous property whereby any person who looks at an object in SCP-294-DE-01 (whether physically or through recordings) does not realise the existence of that object and the brain automatically blocks out any information pertaining to the object. A secondary anomalous characteristic is subconscious aversion, whereby individuals never feel the desire to enter SCP-294-DE-01. In all cases so far, hikers have subconsciously sought detours to avoid SCP-294-DE-01, but are never aware of it afterwards. Research and comparison with a spell book found on SCP-294-DE-02's corpse have revealed that this is a documented ritual of the Mages Academy.

The following is an excerpt with the relevant ritual:

Cost 200 T Level Grandmaster Element Spirit
Type Field Components Carbon black; human ████████, quantity depending on the desired radius (see effective range)
Duration Until negation spell is used Effective Range Radius of x metres, where x corresponds to the number of ████████ used in the ritual
Words ████████████████ ████████ ██████ ████████ ████████ █████████████ ███ ██████████████ ██████ ███ ███████ █████ ██████ ███ ██████ ████████
Use The caster paints the fifth magic circle of Mars (see chapter "Magic circles", pages 267-285) with a diameter of about 3 m using the carbon black. The desired amount ████████ is placed on it and the words are spoken.
Effect A cylindrical field is created that surrounds the magic circle. Every object that is in this field is under a cognitive lock from that moment on. Everyone except the caster will not realise the existence of all objects and persons within the field. In addition, people outside the field will unconsciously avoid the field.
Countermeasures See Spirit Negation Spell (page 224). If the symbol of the 33rd of the 72 demons, Gaap, is on the body of persons outside the caster (whether through jewellery, clothing or on the skin directly), they are excluded from the cognitive lock (see chapter "Demon Symbols", pages 286-312).
Notes
It should be noted that people who are within the field, but who have no protection against it, usually suffer from a total mental breakdown, as they are no longer aware of their own self. Therefore, it is of inconceivable importance to give a symbol of Gaap to all persons who are within the field of effect at the time of the ritual, or to ask them to leave the field of effect.

All versions of SCP-066-DE in the Foundation's possession do not include this ritual. It is therefore assumed to be a separate book with different spells.

SCP-294-DE-02 to -08 denotes the German noble family von Eisner, consisting of:

  • Josef von Eisner (SCP-294-DE-02), born in 1855, acquired anomalous properties in 1917 at the age of 62, died in 201█ at the biological age of 64.
  • Josef's son Alois von Eisner (SCP-294-DE-03), born in 1880, acquired anomalous properties in 1917 at the age of 37.
  • Josef's son Theodor von Eisner (SCP-294-DE-04), born in 1883, acquired anomalous properties in 1917 at the age of 34.
  • Alois' wife Regina von Eisner (SCP-294-DE-05), born in 1881, acquired anomalous properties in 1917 at the age of 35.
  • Alois' and Regina's son Hans von Eisner (SCP-294-DE-06), born in 1898, acquired anomalous properties in 1917 at the age of 19.
  • Alois' and Regina's son Leon von Eisner (SCP-294-DE-07), born in 1898, acquired anomalous properties in 1917 at the age of 19.
  • Theodor's wife Eva von Eisner (SCP-294-DE-08), born in 1890, acquired anomalous properties in 1915 at the age of 25.
675px-Portret_van_Huibert_van_Rijckevorsel_%281813-1866%29%2C_oleografie%2C_post_mortem_geschilderd%2C_objectnr_11249-A-B%281%29.JPG?20200331173057

Josef von Eisner (SCP-294-DE-02), ca. 1898. Painter unknown

SCP-294-DE-02 to -08 possess the anomalous property of slowed ageing. One year corresponds to about one week for the cell structure of SCP-294-DE-02 to -08, which increases the average life expectancy to about 4200 years. Crosschecks with SCP-066-DE have not been able to find any ritual of this kind.2 The family acquired this ability in 1917 through Josef von Eisner himself (see Addenum 2). Rosa von Eisner, Josef's wife and Alois and Theodor's mother, died before the family acquired their anomalous effects in 1917 and is thus not classified as an SCP. There also exists a Magdalene von Eisner, born in 1905, who is the daughter of SCP-294-DE-04 and SCP-294-DE-08. She fled the Eisner mansion in 1915 and moved in with her maternal grandparents. Magdalene von Eisner died of a heart attack in 1977 (See Addenum 2 for more information). ████████ █████████ Ulrike von Eisner, █████ 1905 ██████ █████ ███ ██ ██████ ████ ███ █████ █████████ ██████████ ██████

For unknown reasons, SCP-294-DE-03 to -08 are unable to leave the Eisner mansion. Drone footage of the villa shows unknown rune markings on all entrances and windows.

Discovery: The SCP Foundation became aware of SCP-294-DE in 201█ when SCP-294-DE-02 took his own life by magic in Emskirchen town centre. A large-scale class A amnestic was administered to all witnesses and the body was taken to Site-DE10 for examination. SCP-294-DE-02's body showed no anomalous effects and was moved to the site morgue. On his person he carried a copy of the "little spell book", dated 1910, as well as a book documenting forbidden rituals. In addition, he carried two diaries through which the Foundation became aware of SCP-294-DE. Initially, Gaap symbols were used for all those employees who worked with SCP-294-DE, but in 201█ the Foundation succeeded in developing a mnestic which negates cognitive locks of the Mages Academy.

Addenum 1: The following is an interview with Dr Matthias Crowley, a former scientist of Site-DE10 and agent of the Mages Academy, who was uncovered during the discovery of that GoI and has been in imprisonment since.

Addenum 2: The following are all files on SCP-294-DE-02 by SCP-4684.

Addenum 3: The following are important excerpts from Josef von Eisner's diaries, found on his corpse.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License