SCP-2908
rating: +43+x

Item #: SCP-2908

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2908 is to be kept in a storage container on Site-131. All testing of SCP-2908 is currently forbidden by O5 Council.

Description: SCP-2908 is a Soviet PPSh-41 submachine gun capable of firing any mix of ammunition inserted into its magazine without failing to cycle and load. SCP-2908 is able to fire rounds as large as .50 BMG (13.0mm), the largest round its magazine can hold, despite having a barrel diameter of 7.87mm. Furthermore, high-speed cameras have never captured footage of bullets within SCP-2908's chamber or barrel during firing. It is theorized that SCP-2908 is directly translocating rounds from its magazine to a ballistic trajectory in front of its barrel when the trigger is depressed, and because of this mechanism, SCP-2908 shows no sign of wear or tear from firing and was recorded to have fired 5,788,225 rounds, well beyond the number of rounds a typical PPSh-41 is expected to be able to fire.

Firing a round with SCP-2908 increases the value of the elementary charge by approximately $3.17225789×10^{−28 }$C.1 Uninhibited further increase of the elementary charge will result in an ZK-0 Reality Failure Scenario, where physical and chemical processes of the Universe break down due to the increased charge of the electron and proton.

SCP-2908 was discovered in Myitkyina, Myanmar in 1944. Agent Bo Yu (薄萸), who then was impressed as a soldier in the Chinese New First Army, picked up SCP-2908 after a pillbox was destroyed by a United States air strike, noting that it was highly unusual for the Imperial Japanese Army to use a weapon of Soviet origin. Agent Yu discovered upon rudimentary testing of SCP-2908's ability to use any type of ammunition and used it in combat until 1946 when Agent Yu deserted, taking SCP-2908 with him to Site-131, the Foundation asset in Sichuan, China, where further testing revealed its ability to accept ammunition larger than its barrel would suggest.

The increase in elementary charge was discovered when Foundation researchers discovered a series of unexplained inconsistencies from experimental data to theoretical calculations that started in 1944. Its cause was not isolated to SCP-2908 until November 11, 1973. During this period, the elementary charge increased by $1.83617424×10^{−21 }$C, resulting in the current elementary charge of $1.602176634×10^{−19 }$C.

On March 7th, 1972, Site-131 experienced total power loss for 55 seconds. Upon restoration, Site-131 intranet storage reported upon auditing the presence of a document, now designated Document-2908-Addendum-2, with no known author. This incident was not linked to SCP-2908 until SCP-2908's effect on the elementary charge was ascertained. By this time, Document-2908-Addendum-2 had been designated as the result of a failure in personnel discipline and deleted. Attempted recovery of Document-2908-Addendum-2 was met with only partial success.

Mobile Task Force Mu-6 "Pasadena" was ordered to start a disinformation campaign upon confirmation of SCP-2908's effect on the elementary charge. The Task Force's actions included planting false evidence that Robert A. Millikan and Harvey Fletcher, the inventors of the Oil Drop Experiment that first obtained the value of the elementary charge in 1909, had faked data and used an incorrect value for the viscosity of air. The campaign proved successful when Nobel Physicist Richard Feynman gave his famous cargo cult science speech in 19743, followed with Gerald Holton's published accusation of fraud on Millikan's part in 1978. Current discussion in the physics community on the elementary charge has followed this trend.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License