SCP-242-KO

metalchain.jpg

Visual representation of the current condition of the pataphysical fixture. If the image is anything other than two lines of well-maintained metal chains, report to the Pataphysics department immediately.

Item #: SCP-242-KO

Object Class: Thaumiel

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-242-KO is contained in Subnarrative Containment Level 3, using a pataphysical fixture. Subnarrative Containment Level 3 is conceptually linked to an electronic display installed in a square in <Riventry Tales>. Characters inside the novel can see SCP-242-KO being contained on the display at any time.

In the scenario that the electric output of Foundation installations within <Riventry Tales> fails to meet the target output as dictated by the Pataphysics Department, Shock Program No. 3 is to be initiated via the pataphysical fixture tied to SCP-242-KO.1

industrial.png

An illustration of the Nobility Plant after its designation as Thaumiel-class. The Nobility Plant is one of Riventry's power plants.

Description: SCP-242-KO is Alica Southmark, Great Princess of Riventry, a character in a British fantasy novel, <Riventry Tales>, published in October 2017. The novel describes SCP-242-KO as an 'elegant and lovely woman of nobility, with beautiful grey eyes and luscious brunette hair' who rules the small, pastoral Duchy of Riventry inherited from her father. SCP-242-KO takes good care of the citizens of Riventry and is eager to sacrifice herself for the safety of her people. Riventrians are also described as very loyal to SCP-242-KO.

SCP-242-KO and the Duchy of Riventry were chosen to be a subject for the 'Trans-narrative Cooperation Project', a project proposed by Dr. James Suttler of the Pataphysics Department in February 2018. This project was proposed in order to strengthen ties with subnarratives and gather ideas, resources and conceptual personnel en masse, aiding in reaching the Pataphysics department's ultimate goal. Via SCP-423, the Pataphysics Department conveyed its intention to cooperate with SCP-242-KO. However, SCP-242-KO declined the offer, stating that the proposal 'is blatantly imperialistic and will cause more harm than good to Riventry'.

Dr. Suttler declared a 'hostile takeover' of <Riventry Tales> to coerce SCP-242-KO into cooperation. From March 2018 to June of the same year, the Foundation Intelligence Department retrieved all copies of <Riventry Tales> in public, and removed memories of <Riventry Tales> from the normal world, including its author, via extensive administration of amnestics. On July 2018, the Pataphysics Department initiated the narrative invasion of <Riventry Story> and received unconditional surrender from SCP-242-KO, devastated by the Riventrian casualties caused by indiscriminate bombing and genocides.

  • Alicia Southmark transfers the sovereignty of the Duchy of Riventry to Dr. James Suttler of the Pataphysics Department of the SCP Foundation.
  • Alicia Southmark leaves all disposition of her safety to the SCP Foundation Pataphysics Department.
  • All and any hostility towards Pataphysics Department personnel is banned.
  • Riventry citizens always obey the Pataphysics Department's policies.

SCP-242-KO accepted the terms and was subsequently contained in subnarrative containment level 3. After being entrusted with the sovereignty of Riventry, Dr. Suttler and the Pataphysics department assigned SCP-242-KO and the Duchy of Riventry as Thaumiel-class and built a few dozen narrative power plants, where Riventry citizens were ordered to work. The electricity generated inside <Riventry Tales> is then fed to Foundation facilities in various narrative levels, using a narrative transformation algorithm. The annual electric output by this method is 55 TWh, which amounts to the gross annual electric output of South Korea.

2018 Annual Report of the Pataphysics Department Trans-Narrative Cooperation Project

The Duchy of Riventry and its operation rates of power plants in 2018

Dr. James Suttler, SCP Foundation Pataphysics Department


Abstract: All 57 narrative power plants planned to be built in Riventry are now successfully operational. SCP-242-KO is currently detained in subnarrative containment level 3. If unexpected problems arise, she could be of good use. Attached below are the list and current operation rates of power plants.
Rank of Operation rate Plant Name Operation Rate
1 First Plant 54%
2 Platinum Plant 49%
3 Furnace Plant 48%
4 Nobility Plant 37%
5 Sky Plant 29%
57 Street Plant 0%

Even considering this is the first year, the average operation rate is very low. This seems to be because of Riventry narrative residents' antipathy towards the Pataphysics Department. Traces of sabotage were found in the three plants with the lowest operation rate. Methods to cope with this problem using SCP-242-KO are under consideration.

2019 Annual Report of the Pataphysics Department Trans-Narrative Cooperation Project

The Duchy of Riventry and its operation rates of power plants in 2018

Dr. James Suttler, SCP Foundation Pataphysics Department


Abstract: Operation rates have significantly increased compared to last year. Recently revised containment procedures must have played a role. Attached below are the list and current operation rates of power plants.

Rank of Operation rate Plant Name Operation Rate
1 First Plant 92%
2 Platinum Plant 87%
3 Furnace Plant 85%
4 Sky Plant 84%
5 Nobility Plant 82%
57 Red Plant 45%

In response to the recent advice from the Ethics Committee: we also agree that torturing a young girl - albeit a fictional character - tied in chains and broadcasting it live on the town square is far outside of the boundaries of ethics. However, there are three main reasons for the change in containment procedures.

First, the narrative electric output fell significantly below our expectations. This did not amount to half of the promised output in the proposal submitted to the committee and is not nearly enough to retrieve the budget invested in the project.

Second, the bond between Riventry citizens and SCP-242-KO is vastly different to that between regular leaders and their citizens or even regular humans. Riventry's economy, politics, and military are no different from ours. Still, the influence that SCP-242-KO has on her citizens is closer to that of queen bees or ants rather than human leaders. This is primarily due to the extremely simple and infantile political opinions of Riventry citizens described in <Riventry Tales> and ultimately due to the author's lack of writing skills. The citizens will prioritise the comfort and safety of SCP-242-KO. If they are threatened, they will start finding short-term measures that will immediately protect SCP-242-KO rather than remove the cause of the problem. And I have given them the measure; it's to work harder. And as seen above, they took it.

Third, current containment procedures erase all possibilities of SCP-242-KO causing problems. SCP-242-KO has never been described as having a superpower or superhuman abilities. Therefore, it is virtually impossible for her to escape the 3rd narrative containment level or cause irreversible harm to the fixture. We told SCP-242-KO that if she cannot stand her punishment, then Riventry citizens will suffer. SCP-242-KO believes in it. She does not, nor will not, know what we're doing in Riventry.

2020 Annual Report of the Pataphysics Department Trans-Narrative Cooperation Project

The Duchy of Riventry and its operation rates of power plants in 2020

Dr. James Suttler, SCP Foundation Pataphysics Department


Abstract: Most facilities achieved 99% operation rates. As the Foundation is gaining massive benefits from this project, we plan to expand the project to further candidates. Eight more power plants were built in Riventry. Attached below are the list and current operation rates of power plants, excluding the ones built this year

Rank of Operation rate Plant Name Operation Rate
1 First Plant 99%
2 Nobility Plant 99%
3 Eastern Plant 99%
4 Red Plant 99%
5 Nobility Plant 99%
57 Seaside Plant 95%

Since October 2022, abnormal behaviour has been observed among Riventry citizens. Originally, Riventry is described as acknowledging the existence of spirits but is not very religious. However, presumably due to continued labour, religious figures have started to spread messages about Riventry citizens' souls and the country's current situation. Currently, the "Purplebloom2 Church" is formed and reproduced around power plants, fitted with religious factors such as litanies and ceremonies.

As concerning it may be, we may use this to the project's advantage. A project to plant 'missionary' characters in the subnarrative to manipulate the doctrine of the Purplebloom Chruch is under consideration.

2021 Annual Report of the Pataphysics Department Trans-Narrative Cooperation Project

The Duchy of Riventry and its operation rates of power plants in 2021

Dr. James Suttler, SCP Foundation Pataphysics Department


Abstract:

Rank of Operation rate Plant Name Operation Rate
1 First Plant 0%



















Sender: Dr. James Sutler, SCP Foundation Pataphysics Department
Recipient: Researcher Anthony Liliman, SCP Foundation Pataphysics Department


TO ALL PROJECT PARTICIPANTS

Use all available resources to stop "The Purplebloom Gathering for the spiritual comfort of the Duchess and salvation of Riventry" in Riventry at once.

Containment Level 3 management personnel are to immediately remove the electronic display connected to the square that appeared on the level.

'Missionaries' failed. Brace for narrative disturbance.

Sender: O5-2
Recipient: Dr. James Suttler, SCP Foundation Pataphysics Department


[DATA EXPUNGED]

Sender: Dr. James Suttler, SCP Foundation Pataphysics Department
Recipiant: O5-2


Yes, SCP-242-KO knows what the Foundation is doing in Riventry. Yes, SCP-242-KO is fiercely resisting all measures. No, there is no possibility of a containment breach.

As I told you multiple times before, the pataphysical fixture merely borrows the 'image' of a chain; it has nothing to do with a physical chain. Even if SCP-242-KO is described as having a thousand times more muscular power than she currently has, nothing will change. The fixture operates by algorithms and coding, and the possibility of SCP-242-KO acknowledging it by herself is almost zero. I will attach a visual image of the pataphysical fixture so you can check it yourself.

Thank you for bearing with me. Goodbye.

Viewing attached file……

rustedchain.jpg

Visual representation of the current condition of the pataphysical fixture. If the image is anything other than two lines of well-maintained metal chains, report to the Pataphysics department immediately.








WARNING: POWER LOW. SCiPNET DATABASE CONNECTION WILL TERMINATE AFTER 5 MINUTES

Sender: Dr. James Suttler, SCP Foundation Pataphysics Department
Recipient: Alicia Southmark


How?

Sender: Alicia Southmark
Recipient: Dr. James Suttler, SCP Foundation Pataphysics Department


You will never understand.

Sender: Dr. James Suttler, SCP Foundation Pataphysics Department
Recipient: Alicia Southmark


Wait, you don't have to do this. Do you think you can change anything?

Where can a character go outside her own story? Where will you go, and how will you survive? Think of your people, Alicia. We can help you. I apologise for what we've done to you, but Riventry needs the Foundation. Don't you get it? <Riventry Tales> only exist in the Foundation.

Neither you nor your 'people' don't know how to get to other narratives. I know. I will show you the way so that you can come to me. Let's talk.

Think again, Alicia. There's only one more chance. My patience is running out, so you'd better run. If the way I'm showing you vanishes, then which way can you go?

Sender: Alicia Southmark
Recipient: Dr. James Suttler, SCP Foundation Pataphysics Department


Me and my people will follow the Purplebloom.

Viewing attached file……

flowerroad.jpg

We are leaving

POWER EXHAUSTED. TERMINATING SCiPNET DATABASE CONNECTION

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License