SCP-2179
rating: +132+x

Item #: SCP-2179

Object Class: Safe Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2179 must be monitored at all times and kept loaded with ticker-tape to ensure maximum notice of an 2179-A event; within ten minutes of such an event, Foundation agents must be present at Zone 2179. If this fails, at least two MTFs are to be dispatched to Zone 2179 immediately, and both the Leicestershire Police and the Ministry of Defence notified in case further reinforcements are required.

Description: SCP-2179 is a modified fire alarm bell, currently located in an observation chamber at Site 18. Attached to the device is a ticker-tape machine; both the bell and the tape machine are labelled as being produced in 1927.

A 2179-A event occurs when either a potential threat to human lives or an anomalous object/phenomenon (or both) are detected within 120m of the main entrance to Kibworth Harcourt Primary School, in Leicestershire, UK (hereafter referred to as Zone 2179). The bell rings at 75 decibels at a distance of 5m, and continues until the hazard has been contained or is no longer relevant; ticker tape is dispensed summarising the threat.

The following is a series of excerpts from the official incident log; see LOG-2179-INCD for full details.

Incident-01
SCP-2179 Threat Summary: CONFLAGRATION INVOLVING MULTIPLE HUMAN DWELLINGS
Notes: Faulty wiring in the electrical system resulted in a small fire, destroying the cardboard castles made by Form 3b. No further damage discovered.

Incident-02
SCP-2179 Threat Summary: MOTOR VEHICLE COLLISION VICTIM COUNT 32
Notes: While reversing, the school bus collided with the headmaster's car, a Honda Civic. One child suffered concussion; the car's rear bumper was dented noticeably.

Incident-03
SCP-2179 Threat Summary: ANOMALY DETECTED IMMOVABLE OBJECT
Notes: Lid of jam jar stuck and unable to be removed. While field tests seemed to corroborate SCP-2179’s summary, further analysis at Site-18 succeeded in removing the lid by applying warm water and a dishcloth.

No actual proof of threat to human life or anomalous objects was obtained throughout Incidents 01 through 08; response to 2179-A events was set at priority LOW.

Incident-09

Time: 13:45
SCP-2179 Threat Summary: ANOMALY MULTIPLE UNIDENTIFIED CANIDS IN ZONE
Notes: No deployment of Foundation assets.

Time: 13:55
SCP-2179 Threat Summary: CANIDS LAUNCHING UNPROVOKED ASSAULT ON HUMANS
Notes: No deployment of Foundation assets.

Time: 13:56
SCP-2179 Threat Summary: MULTIPLE CASUALTIES IN CANID ATTACK
Notes: No deployment of Foundation assets.

Time: 13:57
SCP-2179 Threat Summary: 5+ DEAD HUMANS AS RESULT OF CANID ATTACK
Notes: Official sources in the Kibworth Harcourt area confirmed the summary; deployment of Foundation assets, and arrival at 14:10. Unidentified canids were discovered and subdued; civilian casualties numbered 7 dead and 9 injured. Canid specimens (both alive and deceased) were returned to Site-18 for examination; the field report describes them as 120kg specimens and mottled-grey in colouration, but on arrival at Site-18 they were immediately identified as two dead Yorkshire Terriers and one sedated Cocker Spaniel.

After Incident-09, response to 2179-A event was set at priority URGENT, and current containment procedures enacted.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License