SCP-2110
rating: +74+x
scp-2110.JPG

SCP-2110

Item #: SCP-2110

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2110 is to be monitored on-site by at least two Level Three personnel at all times under the cover story of maintaining it to prevent any damage. As the site has been marked as a historical landmark in need of preservation by the Junior Gosnold's Preservation Trust, no further action should be needed. However, if there is a breach of knowledge to the public, and/or civilians are found to have successfully entered SCP-2110, Class-A amnestics are to be administered where necessary with affected individuals monitored for up to 28 days. Disinformation campaigns are to be undertaken to suppress any information about the anomalous effects of SCP-2110.

Any personnel who are American-born, Brazilian-born, belong to the Wampanoag tribe, have lived on Martha's Vineyard or have had friends or immediate family live on Martha's Vineyard for more than five consecutive years are not permitted under any circumstance to enter SCP-2110 more than once. Any personnel who wish to conduct interviews with SCP-2110-1 must not be American-born, Brazilian-born, belong to the Wampanoag tribe, have lived on Martha's Vineyard or have had friends or immediate family live on Martha's Vineyard for more than five consecutive years. Personnel must submit a questionnaire two weeks in advance for overview and approval from the Hazardous Materials Containment Liaison (HMCL), and must undergo a monitoring period of 28 days after interviewing has finished, during which they will be cycled off-site until any desire to reenter SCP-2110 has worn off.

All new information about any cases regarding individuals whose appearances match SCP-2110-1 are to be suppressed, and the current status of these cases is to be maintained.

Description: SCP-2110 is a two-story gingerbread cottage1 in Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts, built in 18██. There is no recorded history of habitation, and it is unknown when its anomalous properties manifested. Observing the inside of the cottage via remote-controlled rover shows that the cottage is abandoned and in disrepair. When trying to look in through the windows on the first floor, the view is completely obscured by various objects such as curtains or furniture. Windows on the second floor appear to be blocked in a similar manner as the first.

Whenever a subject enters SCP-2110, the inside of the cottage will be completely furnished and repaired, with furnishings and appliances matching architecture styles commonly used in the current time period. There are no electronic appliances in the household. SCP-2110-1 appears in the dining area and kitchen when SCP-2110 is entered, with food present in the dining area. All furnishings, appliances, and food can be removed from the home, although the next time a person enters the cottage, the items will have been replaced. All objects and food taken from SCP-2110 have been found to be non-anomalous. Shortly after the subject enters SCP-2110, SCP-2110-1 will welcome them, as well as invite the subject over to the dining area to eat dinner with them, regardless of time of entry.

SCP-2110-1 is a designation given to 7 individuals who appear in the cottage once a person enters. All individuals except SCP-2110-1-A are similar in appearance to people reported missing between 18██ and 20██ and all last seen on Martha's Vineyard2. Interviews with them have shown that they all act in a familial structure, with age and gender determining the familial role of each individual. Explanations as to how SCP-2110-1 arrived on Martha's Vineyard have not been given. However, with the exception of SCP-2110-1-A, all have either lived on Martha's Vineyard at some point in their lives, or have had friends or immediate family who have lived there for more than five consecutive years. SCP-2110-1 is aware of any technological or social advances in the public world, regardless of any conversation with them on the matter.

  • SCP-2110-1-A ("Father"): White, birthplace unknown, mid-50's, 1.9 m tall. The only individual in the group who does not match any known missing persons case.
  • SCP-2110-1-B ("Mother"): Wampanoag, born in Massachusetts, late-60's, 1.7 m tall. Matches missing persons case from 18██ from the town of ██████████, Massachusetts.
  • SCP-2110-1-C ("Uncle"): Afro-Brazilian, born in Rio de Janeiro, late-40's, 2 m tall. Matches missing persons case from 19██ from ███████████, Massachusetts. Interviews with witnesses and subjects have reported that SCP-2110-1-C is unable to communicate verbally, and speaks solely in Brazilian Sign Language, with SCP-2110-1-F giving translations.
  • SCP-2110-1-D - E ("Aunt and Nephew"): Brazilian, born in Massachusetts, mid-30's and 11, 1.65 m and 1.4 m. Matches missing persons case from 20██ from ██████, Massachusetts.
  • SCP-2110-1-F ("Son"): Brazilian, born in Massachusetts, 20, 1.6 m. Matches missing persons case from 20██ from the town of ████████, Massachusetts.
  • SCP-2110-1-G ("Daughter"): White, born in ████, 21, 1.55 m. Formerly D-9350, used for testing the anomalous properties of SCP-2110 in order to artificially create a new instance of SCP-2110-1.

Although the subject may leave of their own free will, they will usually accept SCP-2110-1's offer to eat with them. As the subject eats, they will report feeling at ease and comfortable with SCP-2110-1. During this time, SCP-2110-1 will be willing to answer questions. After leaving, the subject will express a desire to revisit SCP-2110. This will last for a time period of three days to 28 days. The subject can resist visiting SCP-2110 as time goes on and the desire to revisit wears off. However, the more times they visit SCP-2110, the stronger their urge will be. Class-A amnestics have been shown to successfully wipe any memories of SCP-2110.

As the subject visits SCP-2110 more, they will report a closer bond to SCP-2110-1, relating personal history and stories about family to them at the request of SCP-2110-1, as well as speaking more casually and openly.

After two to six visits, subjects who are American-born, Brazilian-born, or belong to the Wampanoag tribe will be invited to sleep on the second story of the cottage. According to interviews with SCP-2110-1, no one has declined this offer. When the subject goes to sleep on the second floor, regardless of any external influence or commands to exit the area, all video and audio feed will cut off and all contact will be lost with the subject. The next time someone enters SCP-2110, the subject will have become another instance of SCP-2110-1.

Despite these effects shown across all test subjects, SCP-2110-1 has been known to only invite subjects who are American-born, Brazilian-born, or belong to the Wampanoag tribe to sleep the night in SCP-2110.3 SCP-2110-1 claims to have not invited anyone else.

Addendum 2110-A: SCP-2110 was discovered following a gradual increase of missing person reports on Martha's Vineyard, with a direct correlation of rumors of a haunted house featuring entities similar to said missing persons. After interviewing eyewitnesses exposed to SCP-21104, its basic effects were understood. There were six instances of SCP-2110-1 at the time of initial containment and subsequent testing. Although interviews with eyewitnesses revealed a familial structure in SCP-2110-1, SCP-2110-1 individuals were not forthcoming in explaining their relationship or their individual time of joining to SCP-2110. Only testing and interviews done with SCP-2110-1 have provided answers.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License