SCP-2008

…but blood must sometimes be spilled…

rating: +180+x

by Doctor Cimmerian and The Great Hippo


Item #: SCP-2008

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: Foundation personnel stationed or living in the state of Tennessee are prohibited from engaging in discussions regarding the wives of former US Presidents.

CDC and state gun death data from Tennessee is to be indexed in Foundation databases. This data is to be analyzed on a weekly basis in order to detect additional SCP-2008 events.

Description: SCP-2008 is a non-corporeal entity that is imperceptible to surveillance equipment. As of 2017, it has caused the deaths of 47 individuals in the US State of Tennessee. Victims of SCP-2008 universally expire from severe ballistic trauma. Although these injuries exhibit patterns associated with gunshot wounds, no bullets have been recovered.

Approximately 80% of these victims worked in or adjacent to a field dealing with US history. SCP-2008 victims are often reported as suicides due to being found with a firearm either in their hands or nearby. However: in approximately 75% of these cases, the firearm was not discharged. In cases where it was, forensic analysis has consistently failed to match the gun to the victim's wounds.

While the majority of SCP-2008 victims hold positions in various academic settings, a small percentage possess no official qualifications in that field. It is possible that a larger number of individuals are victims of this effect than are currently documented, as various socioeconomic factors likely preclude deeper investigation by law enforcement. A complete canvassing of medical and police records is currently being conducted to determine more exact numbers.

Addendum 2008-1

The following forum posts were made by 'hislover101' on a website focused on historical reenactment. Foundation agents traced the posts back to Morton Richards of Tellico Plains, Tennessee. Mr. Richards is currently the only person who has encountered SCP-2008 and survived.

5/16/2016 11:34 AM
Your list is way the fuck wrong. Martha Washington was never first lady of the US because there was no such thing when George Washington was president. Martha Jefferson was Thomas Jefferson's daughter, not his wife. Rachel Jackson died before Jackson took office.

5/16/2016 11:41 AM
Right but Rachel Jackson didn't die from a broken heart. That's just sensationalism. She was old and overweight and she died from a heart attack. Van Buren's wife died of tuberculosis and he never remarried. I couldn't find information on what happened to Jefferson's wife but she died well before he was in office.

5/16/2016 12:18 PM
Guys holy shit a ghost just shot at me.

5/16/2016 12:25 PM
I don't know! I shot back and I think I hit it.

A casing from Mr. Richards' Browning Hi-Power pistol was found at the scene; however no bullets were recovered.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License