SCP-2001-EX
rating: +97+x
hippocampuss.png

Figure 1. Section of human hippocampus, with SCP-2001-EX neurons labeled with blue fluorescent DAPI stain.

Item #: SCP-2001-EX

Object Class: Explained

Special Containment Procedures: Foundation agents embedded within institutions of higher learning, especially those working in the departments of Molecular & Cellular Biology, Neuroscience, and Cognitive Science, are to suppress or disavow research into SCP-2001-EX and its interactions with cognitohazardous sensory input. Foundation employees in corporate R&D, the National Science Foundation, and the National Institutes of Health are to deny grant proposals for such research. Database crawler AS7739 has been assigned to delete or hide publications and scholarly references to SCP-2001-EX.
SCP-2001-EX containment procedures are synonymous with standard cognitohazard containment protocol. No additional resources are required.

Description: SCP-2001-EX consists of ganglia 00344R-15364X and 40583A-65290M1, found within the human lateral geniculate nucleus and primary auditory cortex, which are responsible for the detrimental effects of at least 80% of known cognitohazardous images and audio.

Although the regions of the brain activated by these cognitohazards are readily observable via functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and positron emission tomography (PET) scans, their mechanism of action is not yet clear.

Addendum 2001-EX-1: Following the success of both mundane2 and GOI/Foundation3 neuroscience research, SCP-2001-EX has been classified as Explained.
Further details are restricted to Level 5/2001-EX and above.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License