SCP-184-DE
⚠️ content warning
Item #: SCP-184-DE Level 2/184-DE
Object Class: Safe Restricted
Threat Level: Yellow

D-09-202, transformed by SCP-184, views himself in the mirror
(click to unblur)

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-184-DE is to be stored in a containment locker.

Subjects equipped with SCP-184-DE must be watched by at least two persons at any moment during testing. Researchers inside the testing area must remain cautious and should only move slowly. In case of emergency, the effect may be reversed by holding the subject in place and carefully bending one of their legs until it breaks. In this case, at least one employee with medical training should be nearby to immediately treat the injury.

Description: SCP-184-DE is a Himation1 made from spider silk. If SCP-184-DE is worn by a person as their only piece of clothing around their torso, it instantly transforms itself and the wearer into an arachnid of the order Araneae (Spiders). The body's centre of mass is preserved throughout, resulting in the subject dropping about 1 m in height. The precise species appears to be random, but stays constant for every person over multiple uses.

Subjects retain their cognitive abilities, but their perception and instincts become those of a normal spider of the same species. Test subjects transformed this way are capable of understanding research personal and communicating with them (e. g. by pointing on letters).

Upon being injured in spider form, subjects transform back and will feature wounds analogous to those that caused the transformation. The circumstances of the transformation often lead to further damage to the subject.

The only other known method to transform a subject back is a honest expression of deep affection towards the subject.

Addendum: Identification of the transformations

D-Class Result Notes
D-08-153 f., light-skinned, brown-haired, green-eyed Alopecosa trabalis
D-08-279 m., light-skinned, blond, brown-eyed Autumn Orb Weaver (Metellina segmentata2)
D-09-202 m., light-skinned, black-haired, blue-eyed Caterpillar Jumping Spider (Uroballus carlei) First known sighting of this species3
D-09-111 f., dark-skinned, black-haired, green-eyed Fencepost Jumper (Marpissa muscosa)
D-07-431 m., dark-skinned, black-haired, brown-eyed Lace-webbed Spider (Amaurobius similis) Subject had dwarfism, the spider was about 1.3 mm shorter than common for males
D-07-234 m., light-skinned, brown-haired, brown-eyed Diadem Spider (Araneus diadematus)
D-02-410 f., albinotic Thanatus formicinus It could not be determined whether the animal's colouration was natural or caused by albinism
D-09-656 m., light-skinned, brown-haired, blue-eyed Brazilian Wandering Spider (Phoneutria nigriventer) The subject was sentenced for aggravated double murder of his ex-wife and her lover
D-08-312 f., light-skinned, red-haired, blue-eyed Fairy-lamp Spider (Agroeca brunnea)

Discovery: SCP-184-DE was discovered 01/08/2009 following an emergency call due to a spider bite in █████████. The caller, J██████ M████ (aged 26 at TOD) was found dead in a forest cabin. The corpse of a woman (later identified as A██████ W████, aged 29) clothed in SCP-184-DE was found lying nearby, the left half of her body completely smashed. The causes of death were determined to be liver failure caused by the venom of the Chilean Recluse Spider (Loxosceles laeta) for the man, and severe contusions and resulting internal haemorrhage for the woman. It is of note that the response to the call was immediate, yet the victim was already found with livor mortis.
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License