SCP-1619

rating: +367+x
Item#: SCP-1619
Level1
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
{$secondary-class}
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
caution

Assigned Site Site Director Research Head Assigned Task Force
Site-45 REDACTED Dr. Stuart Hayward REDACTED

Catlamp2.jpg

(Left to right) SCP-1619-2-C-12, -23, -11, and -44.

Special Containment Procedures: Entry into Floor 24 must be authorized by at least one staff member with Level 3 clearance or higher. Elevators on Site-45-C are to be modified to restrict transport to Floor 24. If any entities originating from SCP-1619, save for Foundation-domesticated SCP-1619-2-Cs, are found outside of SCP-1619, they are to be subdued and returned to SCP-1619 by any available means.

If an SCP-1619-1 entity successfully subdues any individual, the victim is to remain on Floor 24, even after death. Termination may be given to affected personnel if possible, but should be carried out from a distance to prevent spread. The resulting caricature is then to be recorded in Document-1619-8.

Staff are not to terminate SCP-1619-1 entities while on Floor 24, unless escape or termination through SCP-1619-2-C is impossible. Personnel are to avoid SCP-1619-2 entities when possible. If an SCP-1619-2 becomes aggressive, personnel are advised to shoot for its bulb. Personnel must wear face masks while exploring SCP-1619.

Each instance of SCP-1619-2-C is to be given one ultraviolet light bulb every six days, and are to accompany personnel when exploring SCP-1619. Personnel are permitted to give individual titles to SCP-1619-2-Cs for proper training, but titles must be approved, and staff will refer to them by their proper designation number (SCP-1619-2-C-#) during reports or interviews.

Description: SCP-1619 is the designation given to the phenomenon currently affecting Floor 24 of subterranean Site-45-C. SCP-1619 can only be accessed via Site-45-C elevators; all other methods leading to Floor 24 being sealed off and replaced with a graphite drawing of a door on the wall. Floor 24 has become a self-contained dimensional anomaly.

SCP-1619 consists of various hallways, rooms, and observatories, but lacks any doors, leaving empty doorways. SCP-1619's environment contains various art supplies and furniture, primarily consisting of modern glass tables and office chairs. Sketches and documents written in French have been recovered from the desks present within SCP-1619. An end to SCP-1619's layout has yet to be discovered.

Floor 24 has become a habitat for several types of sentient autonomous sculptures, grouped into two categories, SCP-1619-1 and SCP-1619-2. SCP-1619's walls and floor are covered with SCP-1619-1-A, an unidentified plant species which has the appearance and texture of canvas paper.

The main threat present on SCP-1619 is identical female humanoid sculptures with a thick outer layer of water-proof paper, collectively designated as SCP-1619-1. Each instance of SCP-1619-1 is filled with a black paint with a pH of 8.2. SCP-1619-1 entities originate from SCP-1619-1-A, and are hostile to breathing subjects with a detectable heartbeat. Entities do not appear to notice or give attention to subjects until they have been spotted while breathing. SCP-1619-1 entities will emit a loud moan when terminated by personnel, which has proven to alert nearby entities. However, if killed by an unnoticed subject, the instance will remain silent.

SCP-1619-2 is the collective term for a group of sentient constructs crafted from lighting equipment. Many SCP-1619-2s resemble and behave similarly to animal species found outside of SCP-1619, such as canines, felines, vermin, and entities supposedly originating from various mythologies (See SCP-1619-2 overview). However, some SCP-1619-2 have been found to be simply autonomous industrial floor lamps.

Each SCP-1619-2 is constructed mainly from steel and aluminum, is black in color, has a 'tail' consisting of a single plug, has at least one ultraviolet light bulb to represent the instance's face(s), and the words "Torch Bearer" and "A█████™" engraved on its back. The majority of SCP-1619-2s have a protective face-plate covering its bulb to protect it from damage. If this bulb is broken or burns out, the instance will cease movement, and will lose noticeable autonomous properties.

If an SCP-1619-2 is prevented from carrying out its preferred hunting methods for an extended period of time, the bulb will begin to dim, and the SCP-1619-2 will eventually cease functioning. Either the act of killing a SCP-1619-1, or breaking a light bulb is sufficient in preventing its bulb from dimming. For information on the behavioral instincts on SCP-1619-1 and SCP-1619-2, see Addendum-1619-2.

SCP-1619 is believed to have originated from Anomalous Item #: 00553. Anomalous Item #: 00553 was requested by Dr. ████ for research into alternative energy sources, and was transferred to Site-45-C's minor objects wing on Floor 24. Testing was done after hours, and caused the disappearance of at least three personnel, including Dr. ████. For the original documentation on Anomalous Item #: 00553, see Addendum 1619-1.


Addendum 1619-1: Anomalous Item #: 00553

Item Description: A cylinder filament bulb which generates enough electricity to remain lit. Tungsten filament does not appear to wear out, despite its constant electrical current. Manufacturer stamp reads 'A█████™'.
Date of Recovery: 11/██/1959
Location of Recovery: Paris, France
Current Status: Transferred to Site-45.
Notes: With the energy crisis around the corner, it might be beneficial to try and use this object to lighten the load a bit. Based off the notes, if we sap enough energy from the bulb, it might try and compensate to keep the bulb lit. Wouldn't hurt to test it out in a controlled environment, at least. –Dr. ████


Addendum 1619-2: Behaviors and hunting methods of SCP-1619-1s and SCP-1619-2s; organized by designation:


Document 1619-8: Partial Log-9
Date found: #: person(s): Description:
01/16/1960 02 Two unknown Depicts one older male and one older woman. The man is dressed in fishing attire, while holding a fish. The man appears to be presenting this fish to the woman, who is wearing cooking attire.
01/16/1960 15 One unknown Depicts a woman between the ages of thirty to forty years old. The woman is dressed in a large dress that was popular in the 1930's or early 1940's and holding a volumetric flask.
01/17/1960 16 One unknown Depicts a male child eight to ten years old. This child is depicted having his mouth stitched together, and wearing overalls and a striped shirt. The child is sitting down while petting an SCP-1619-2-C resting on the child's lap. This has been one of the two images found where an SCP-1619-2-C has been featured.
03/28/1960 46 Agent Crowely Depicts Agent Crowely alongside several figures wearing Foundation issued lab coats, raising a toast to a figure playing an acoustic guitar. This instance is thought to represent Dr. Hayward.
04/06/1960 56 A█████ Image covers the entirety of the observatory in which it was discovered. Depicts A█████ in a toga, designing SCP-1619-2 instances, while other SCP-1619-2s aid him by handing him various types of pencils, paint, ink, and paper. Next to A█████ is a single SCP-1619-1 entity who has its arms wrapped around A█████'s torso.

Field Log-1619-12: On 03/26/1960, a four manned exploration of Floor 24 was organized by Site Director Y██████ with the intent of mapping out a three kilometer radius, as well as gathering more information on SCP-1619's origins. This group was commanded by Agent Crowely, and manned by Dr. Hayward, Agent Beck, and Dr. Sampson, along with four trained SCP-1619-2-C instances, SCP-1619-2-C-11, -12, -23, and -44 (pictured).

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License