SCP-116-KO

Item #: SCP-116-KO

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-116-KO is purchased and owned by the Foundation. Surveillance cameras installed around SCP-116-KO are to monitor for any approaching persons. Security personnel are to be on standby at the residence immediately to the right of SCP-116-KO. Connecting SCP-116-KO-A to the Internet is prohibited for security reasons, and all electronic devices that can connect to the object are subject to security screening prior to testing. Any use of SCP-116-KO for purposes other than testing is to be referred to the appropriate Anomalous Object Officer. During experimentation, personnel other than D-Class personnel are to remain outside SCP-116-KO. SCP-116-KO-A is to be operated remotely.

Description: SCP-116-KO is a two-story wooden house located in Kentucky, United States, and its anomalous properties apply to 13 rooms1, including a living room and bedroom. SCP-116-KO's Multipurpose Room-1 is equipped with a desktop computer (SCP-116-KO-A) sold by ████, which is identical in appearance to a commercial computer running the Windows 10 operating system. There is an HDD storage device titled 'H-drive' in the computer, and all folders and files including the desktop exist within this drive.

On SCP-116-KO-A's desktop, there are thirteen folders with the names of all the rooms and other locations in SCP-116-KO, and in each folder, there are files named for all the objects and persons located within the location named for that folder. That is, if any object or person enters or leaves SCP-116-KO's room, the files in SCP-116-KO-A's folder will be rearranged accordingly. The size of all files on SCP-116-KO-A's desktop is proportional to the volume that the object has within SCP-116-KO. Likewise, the maximum capacity of each folder is proportional to its room size.

SCP-116-KO-A can be connected to external storage, allowing various programs to be installed and files to be moved. Editing or executing individual files by programs installed in SCP-116-KO-A, or changing the settings of the computer itself, can affect physical objects and personnel within SCP-116-KO. For example, permanently deleting the 'vessel' file in the 'living room' folder of SCP-116-KO-A will cause the actual vessel in SCP-116-KO's 'living room' to demanifest. However, deletion of existing folders on the desktop or creation of new folders will result in the forced termination of SCP-116-KO-A.

SCP-116-KO was originally a civilian-owned building built in 1998, but was abandoned due to its owner's bankruptcy. Since then, personnel from GOI-004C2 have purchased the building online and installed SCP-116-KO-A through civilian installers, performing anomalous modifications. GOI-004C personnel then remotely controlled SCP-116-KO, causing anomalous phenomena. The surrounding residents reported various strange phenomena occurring within the building to the police, and the Foundation immediately obtained relevant information before occupying the building. At that time, SCP-116-KO was empty without any personnel, and as soon as it was revealed that GOI-004C operated SCP-116-KO-A online, the Internet was immediately blocked. Several documents found internally suggest that SCP-116-KO is a prototype of a large-scale project of GOI-004C, which is intended to give and further expand the anomalous application within SCP-116-KO to other regions.

Addendum: SCP-116-KO Test Log

Test Author: Dr. ██

Test Subject: 'Sofa.dat' file in 'Living Room' folder

Test Details: Moved the 'Sofa.dat' file from the 'Living Room' folder to 'Multipurpose Room-2'.

Test Results: Sofa in SCP-116-KO's living room was moved to Multipurpose Room-2.

Test Author: Dr. ██

Test Subject: 'D-1240.dat' file, personnel D-1240

Test Details: Copy the 'D-1240.dat' file and paste it into the same folder.

Test Results: A 'D-1240-1.dat' file was created, with personnel identical to D-1240 manifested in SCP-116-KO's living room. However, the newly manifested personnel recognized their number as '1240-1' instead of '1240'.

Test Author: Dr. ██

Test Subject: 'D-1240.dat' file, personnel D-1240

Test Details: Deleted 'D-1240.dat' file and then restored it from Recycle Bin.

Test Results: D-1240 personnel briefly demanifested from the living room. When restored from the Recycle Bin, he remanifested, stating that he had been 'trapped in a huge drum with no view of the sky.'

Test Author: Dr. ██

Test Subject: 'D-1240.dat' file, personnel D-1240

Test Details: Compressed the 'D-1240.dat' file with a 7-zip program and then decompressed it again.

Test Results: 'D-1240.dat' file replaced with 'D-1240.7z' file, reducing capacity. D-1240 personnel [DATA EXPUNGED]. Despite [DATA EXPUNGED], the personnel continued to survive until the compression was released and subsequently suffered severe PTSD.

Test Author: Dr. ██

Test Subject: 'D-1240.dat' file, personnel D-1240

Test Details: Change the format of the file 'D-1240.dat' to '7z', then unzip and re-compressed.

Test Results: File format change had no effect on the file and D-1240. Thereafter [DATA EXPUNGED]. [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED], etc., and continued to function despite [DATA EXPUNGED]. Compressing the file reverted to the original D-1240, after which suffered more severe PTSD than before.

Test Author: Dr. ██

Test Subject: 'D-1240.7z' file, personnel D-1240

Test Details: Changed the format of 'D-12400.7z' to 'jpg' and attempted to edit with an image editing program.

Test Results: Opening 'D-1240.jpg' reveals a full-body picture of D-1240 personnel. If the image was cut, the body would actually be amputated, and adding additional color would leave a solid color paint on the person's skin. Personnel D-1240 died of excessive bleeding.

Note: Dr. ██, do you have any grudges against D-1240? Please be aware that unnecessary unethical behavior will be subject to disciplinary action. - Ethics Committee Member ████

Test Author: Dr. ███

Test Subject: 'D-2201.dat' file, personnel D-2201

Test Details: Changed the format of 'D-2201.dat' file to 'mp3' and played it.

Test Results: A music file approximately 23 years and █ months in length was played. This is consistent with D-2201's current age, and it is understood that all sounds the subject has ever said or heard have been recorded.

Test Author: Dr. ███

Test Subject: 'D-2201.dat', 'D-2202.dat', D-2201, D-2202 personnel

Test Details: SCP-116-KO-A's date setting changed from 2017/09/20 to 2017/10/20. D-2201 was informed of the current date, and D-2202 was amnesticized to forget the current date.

Test Results: Personnel D-2201 was asked about the current date and answered that it was October 20, 2017. Personnel D-2202 replied that they still do not know the date.

Note: Agent ███, who was working in Multi-Purpose Room-1 due to computer operations during this experiment, was also anomalously affected. Future experiments will be conducted with remote-controlled equipment that has undergone security inspection.

Test Author: Dr. ███

Test Subject: 'D-2201.dat', 'D-2202.dat', D-2201, D-2202 personnel

Test Details: SCP-116-KO-A's date setting changed from 2017/09/20 to 2200/09/20. D-2201 was informed of the current date, and D-2202 was amnesticized to forget the current date.

Test Results: Upon asking D-2201 what the current date is, D-2201 panicked and questioned how he got to the future. D-2202 is unchanged.

Test Author: Dr. ███

Test Subject: 'flashlight.dat', 1 flashlight

Test Details: Changed the format of 'flashlight.dat' to 'exe' and executed it.

Test Results: A launcher with one button appears. Adjusted the ON/OFF of the flashlight every time the button is pressed in the launcher window.

Test Author: Dr. ███

Test Subject: 'D-2201.dat', D-2201

Test Details: Changed the format of 'D-2201.dat' to 'exe' and executed it.

Test Results: An execution window appeared showing D-2201's current field of view, allowing D-2201 to be operated with W, A, S, D, and Spacebars. When the '/' key was pressed, a console input window appeared, but it was not clear which command was effective.

Test Author: Dr. ███

Test Subject: 'D-2201.dat', 'D-2202.dat', D-2201, D-2202 personnel

Test Details: Changed the country setting of SCP-116-KO-A from the United States to Japan. D-2201 was notified of SCP-116-KO's location in the United States, and D-2202 was informed of SCP-116-KO's location in Japan.

Test Results: D-2201 stated that he appeared to be in Japan. D-2202 stated that he appeared to be in America.

Test Author: Dr. ██████ ████

Test Subject: SCP-500, 'SCP-500.dat' file

Test Details: Copy the 'SCP-500.dat' file.

Test Results: SCP-116-KO-A was forcibly terminated while the file was being copied. An incomplete copy of SCP-500 has been created but has been shown to be ineffective in curing diseases.

Test Author: Dr. ██████ ████

Test Subject: 'D-9877.dat', personnel D-9877. Personnel D-9877 is a patient with terminal cancer due to smoking.

Test Details: D-9877 was administered general anesthesia, 'D-9877.dat' format was changed to '7z' and then unzipped. Then SAV3 was used to detect files generated by decompression and then compress them.

Test Results: Virus codes were detected in 'brain.dat', 'lung.dat', and 'airway.dat' as a result of SAV test. The code was removed and the files recompressed, and it was determined that the lung cancer of personnel D-9877 was completely cured. Smoking addiction appears to have been eliminated.

Test Author: Dr. ███

Test Subject: 'Multipurpose Room-1' folder

Test Details: Changed the 'Multipurpose Room-1' folder to a hidden folder.

Test Results: The door to Multi-Purpose Room-1 is no longer visible. However, entrance and exit to the room are possible by grabbing the invisible doorknob.

Test Author: Dr. ████

Test Subject: 'D-1202.dat', personnel D-1202, mp3 file of 1980's pop songs.

Test Details: Change the format of 'D-1202.dat' with 'exe' and run the connection program of the mp3 file that saved the pop song as 'D-1202.exe'.

Test Results: The same view of D-1202 personnel as in the previous experiment appeared in the execution window, at the same time, personnel D-1202 began singing a song stored in an mp3 file. The lyrics and time signature of the song matched the original song, but not the pitch. D-1202 stated that they had no doubt about why he started singing and that they had tried their best to sing.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License