SCP-1000-KO



rating: +65+x

The Order of the Foundation Star

In the Highest Honor of All Mankind

Human history was the continued fight against an endless threat.

It has tormented us, crushed us, and devastated us.

However, the very new step after all of them, is what we truly are.

You devoted yourself to it at the forefront of the Foundation duty.

We are all in debt of your intense commitment.

To praise your huge contribution to protect humanity and the normalcy,

On behalf of the entire human race, we will remember your honor.

As tribute, we award this Star Order.










Message from the Veterans Affairs Department to the recipient of the "Foundation Star"





General Guide to SCP-1000-KO


We are honored to give the "Foundation Star" to our hero. If you are a family member of our hero, we express our deepest condolences and respects to the fallen. The Foundation vows to aid our hero's honor and their family in every way.

I am Director Kim Jeonghoe of the Veterans Affairs Department of the Overwatch Command. The O5 council of the Foundation Overwatch Command and members of the Veterans Affairs Department once again express gratitude for our hero's contribution and dedication.

This document was written to explain the "Foundation Star" and inform the recipient about the essential details of SCP-1000-KO. By principle, the contents of this document are to be explained directly to you by a VA Department officer. If you have not been treated in such a way, feel free to contact the VA Department through the contacts at the bottom of this document. We will deal with the situation with all our hearts.


The "Foundation Star" is the highest order awarded in the name of all the O5 Council members. The Foundation Star was established in 1944 to rightfully commemorate our heroes who left great exploits regarding Foundation duties, saved countless civilians and comrades, or left accomplishments on par with such actions.

Due to the covert nature of the Foundation, our heroes did not get the honor and respect they are righteously entitled to. To fix this situation, we, the VA Department, were established to devise various measures to compensate for this situation.

The awardee and their immediate families receive various benefits from the VA Department, such as pensions, Foundation memorials, burials in the national cemetery of consenting countries, and many more. Refer to additional documents about further benefits and their details.


Also, the Star Order(星章) is awarded to the "Foundation Star" recipients. Two items are given: a badge and a plaque. The description below applies to both.

The "Foundation Star" Order is a Thaumiel-Class anomaly utilization tool given the designation SCP-1000-KO, specially designed, made, and maintained by us to protect our hero and their acquaintance. The items are made on an astrologically auspicious day with meteoritic iron, platinum, and iridium. Its engraving causes a regional reality sink. This sink is not powerful, but it is enough to deter certain assaults that can harm individuals.

The awardee must keep SCP-1000-KO around them at all times. The plaque should be kept at home, and the badge must be carried when leaving your home. You do not need to wear it. Carrying it in your bag is enough. We understand the hassle of such measures, so we would like to give you a brief explanation as to why this is required.





History of SCP-1000-KO


The "Foundation Star" order has retained its shape since its establishment in 1944 but was given special purpose and function in 1999.

In the spring of 1999, one hostile person of interest, captured by our mobile task force, died from a hemorrhage during transport. It was a suicide. The ontokinetic left a hex upon us using his blood and death. The hex affects the people seen as heroes by the Foundation. This was a blatant revenge attempt against one of our agents, who was a strong candidate to be the recipient of the Foundation Star, thanks to his arrest of the person.

It was a minor incident, but its wave spread big. Less than a week after the PoI's death, fourteen of the then-alive fifteen "Foundation Star" recipients passed away. Foundation personnel was devastated, and morale dropped. A team was immediately organized following the Overwatch Command's order to protect the survivor and stop the hex as fast as possible.

Fortunately, there were no problems with the survivor's health. However, the survey of the cause of death of the fallen pointed in a grim direction. Anomalous effects were confirmed, and the reality alteration was done at the level of the laws of physics. Numerous attempts have been made to stop this curse, to no avail.


The response team started research on two subjects. One was to analyze how this hex works and develop a defense meticulously, and the other was to see the survivor's peculiarities. Surprisingly, both pieces of research pointed to the same object. A relic he got as a souvenir during the Korean War effectively blocked the activation of the hex. A sword specially made from a paranormality response institute of an ancient dynasty serving its purpose until now was a surprising discovery in every aspect.

After months of analysis, experiments, and research, we uncovered the composition and function of the relic. The relic was a peculiar piece, mounted with a more meticulous defense mechanism than the other Sa-in swords, designed to harbor the yang and repel the unholy, following the principle of yin and yang and the five elements. The pure yang brought to the sword by making it at an astrologically significant date makes the sword a strong magic repellant. Combined with the pure yin meteoritic iron used to make the sword, the yin and yang repel each other, deploying an active denial field around it through the engraved analog circuit. Modern-day parascience calls this local reality sink, and techniques to simulate this artificially are challenging to find.

After countless trials and efforts, we have found the qualified master and restored the recipe for the sword. Thanks to these, SCP-1000-KO has been one of the rare Thaumiel-class instances that the Foundation can constantly produce. However, it is limited by the scarce meteoritic iron and the narrow time window of 2 hours per 12 years.

The SCP-1000-KO used in the plaque and the badge is made by forging the meteoritic iron in a round puck with an engraving, then plating it with a platinum-iridium alloy, and carved into an octagonal shape. It is a defense tool that serves its rarity right by fulfilling not only its original purpose of defending against the hex of 1999 but also denying most of the non-physical anomalous threats you may encounter at a personal level.





How to use SCP-1000-KO


The effect of SCP-1000-KO used in the plaque reaches up to 500m, but the most effective radius that can ensure your safety is 200~300m. The VA Department checks for the most appropriate location to place the plaque in your household on request.

The SCP-1000-KO used on the badge has an effective range of about 50m. For convenience, we shrank the size and attached a pin to the backside so you could wear it on your chest. When lost, we will try our best to give you a replacement, but we cannot ensure it due to the limited supply of the last batch. Moreover, losing the badge will compensate for your defense, which may lead to harm, so you are recommended to stay home when you lose your badge. So please take extra caution not to lose it.

As mentioned above, SCP-1000-KO is an object that should always be kept around our hero. Therefore, both items are mounted with an emergency report function. For the plaque, press the button on the backside. For the badge, forcefully tear it apart from your clothes. Do not hesitate to use it when encountering an anomalous threat, hostile GoI, or general security risk. Nearby Foundation sites and government security agencies are consulted about the function in advance. A quick response team will be dispatched to the signal's location regardless of time and situation.

The VA Department sends a team annually to ensure SCP-1000-KO's proper function. This is to check the strength of the local reality sink and the remaining time on the EVATTRY, the power source for the emergency report system. You may reschedule the maintenance within the year or postpone it to the following year, but we strongly advise you to do an annual check for your own safety. Moreover, the check can be postponed for up to six years due to supply shortages. We thank you for your understanding in advance.

The "Foundation Star" is given regardless of our hero's death, KIA or not. However, the family can decide to return the items. In this case, a replica in the same shape is given. Please get in touch with the VA Department for a request. The returned SCP-1000-KO is removed from its ornaments and used as a tactical protection device for our MTF units.





Conclusion


We hope we have explained enough about the "Foundation Star" and the SCP-1000-KO Star Order. The Foundation star is the highest honor we can celebrate, and SCP-1000-KO is the highest respect we can pay to our hero.


When the "Foundation Star" award was paused by the hex, there was a suggestion to abolish the distinction policy or give orders after the person's death to stop making victims of the curse. However, who would want to devote themselves beyond the veil if the Foundation does not commemorate our heroes? This is a declarative problem. Will the Foundation submit to paranormal threats and ignore honor that is righteously deserved, or will we keep our ways no matter the cost?

We chose the obvious path. SCP-1000-KO is primarily reserved as plaques and badges for the "Foundation Star" recipient. This is the least we, the Foundation and humanity, can do to repay the lifelong dedication of our hero.


The Foundation shows our deepest gratitude to our hero and their family and ensures you the greatest treatment, whether our hero stays in the Foundation or not. If you feel the explanation above was unsure, or if any problems arise while using, please contact the numbers below.




logo_white.png


Foundation Veterans Affair Department

Extension 0038
+1-000-001-0038




#interwiki a,
#side-bar a:visited, #interwiki a:visited,
#interwiki a.newpage {
  color: #000;
}
#interwiki .menu-item img {
  filter: brightness(0);
}
 
#interwiki .side-block {
  border: none;
  box-shadow: none;
}

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License