SC-18/005-18/350: Graduation


rating: +21+x

by Ethagon

CI%20Document.png

DeCIRO Catalogue Number

SC-18/005-18/350

Document Type

Step Compilation (Year/Day)

Dates Received

2018-05-01 through 2018-12-16

Operation Status

Closed

Foreword

Countless hidden souls step before the wise Centaur Chiron. They undergo the training of the titans to emerge a hero. Like Asclepius, they will learn the healing arts and share their cure a hundredfold. The tyrant of Olympus will do nought while we share in his ambrosia.

The VIP has graduated, giving us the nectar of apotheosis in return. It remains to be seen if the Foundation will release its thunderbolt while we empty the halls of Pluto.

Hereafter, we of Delta Command document the Steps of the Plan as transcribed by the Engineer of the Chaos Insurgency.


1.STEP 18/005

A unique opportunity arises for Base E. On your next planned mission, take note of spatial distortions. If followed, you will come in contact with a VIP and a few lost souls worshipping it. Invite them to the Base. The VIP is just as lost as the souls clinging to it, so be cautious.

Integrate the lost souls to your own digression, but the VIP must get comfortable quarters, should it decide to stay. The water halls will do. A Gamma-Operative will be sent to your Base to discuss potential patients for the VIP.

2.STEP 18/050

I see our newcomers have been well-integrated. Insurgency Military Cell "Foundation Feast" requires the assistance of the newly formed Cell "Lost Fives". You have sung so well to our Reality Anchors. Now see if you can catch their tune in the wild.

Feed the tuned Anchors to the VIP. Keep it well-fed and it will counsel more patients.

3.STEP 18/089

Compilers Note: Step was sent to Cell without any further information or the appended Findings Report.

Black Sheep,

What you did in Amsterdam was astonishing. Don't let the result take away from that. I'm eagerly awaiting your next act. In the meantime, I've reached out to an associate who has expressed interest in your efforts. See if she fits your Group?

~ A Sponsor

DeCIRO Catalogue Number: FR-18/089-001

Document Type: Summary Report

Date Received: 2018-03-30

Author: Agent Simmons

Summary Report: The Abstract Murderer acclimated well to the group. She set clear boundaries regarding her "anart" from the start.

I have concerns about the addition. The Black Sheep were already at constant risk of causing great harm to themselves and unacceptably large parts of society. I fear that the addition of A.M. may bring the Cell over that edge. I want to reiterate how close we were to a full-on Grey-Goo scenario in Amsterdam. Two other Cells had to abandon their own operations to stop it. I heavily advise against this addition.

4.STEP 18/125

As expected the Abstract Murderer has brought the Black Sheep to new heights. Jonathan, a boy of the Black Sheep, thinks himself no longer adequate enough for the rest of his team. He may visit the VIP for a counseling session.

Acclimate him to Base E first. The VIP will otherwise not tend to him.

When you reintroduce Jonathan to the group, steer the Black Sheep towards missions that can take on their new destructive power. That boy was always on the more violent side. He was just lacking the tools.

DeCIRO Catalogue Number: FR-18/125-001

Document Type: Summary Report

Date Received: 2018-05-07

Author: Agent Simmons

Summary Report: Base E didn't want to risk having one of the Black Sheep near the base, so with some reluctance the VIP was able to meet Jonathan in another location. They had to feed it two more of those Reality Anchors tuned to the Fifth World in return.

Jonathan approached the Angel and he talked for a little bit with his reflection. It's hard to judge the VIP's reaction if you have to filter it through a mirror image, but based on my own reflections I've seen in it, it seems to be getting more excited about the counseling.

Counseling proceeded as usual. The VIP swallowed Jonathan whole and he reemerged a second later as his perfect self. He doesn't show any outward changes so the Base E researchers best guess was that he got some kind of "psychic beam of directed violence" (their words) together with a confidence boost.

I want to reiterate that I think it a very bad idea to add more fuel to the fire that is the Black Sheep like we are currently doing.

5.STEP 18/250

I am most pleased with the efforts of R&D Cell "Compendium Incarnate". If you figure out how to reset the demon I will consider him as backup for the Engine System. I've heard that some of your summons are missing the necessary edge for your project. I recommend a visit to the VIP in Base E to sharpen your creations.

DeCIRO Catalogue Number: FR-18/250-001

Document Type: Summary Report

Date Received: 2018-09-07

Authors: The Compendium Incarnate

Summary Report: The compendium has been completed to a full quarter of its intended length. The Authors of this Grimoire offer the Insurgency in gratitude knowledge of our newest Incarnation.

It is a Demon of Progress of an intellect higher than a crow but lower than a human. It is in essence of envy and wrath. This demon was created by us, but it is not the first of its kind. Left to its own, it will corrupt every stagnant system in its sphere of influence and employ precognition to maximize this corruption.

The Authors of this Grimoire are of the belief that this demon would be a useful addition to the Engine System to further limit the influence of its central component.

6.STEP 18/275

I've heard that some new recruits of Insurgency Cell "Isfet" have trouble finding their own magic. The VIP will be with you shortly. Make sure you prepare everything for its visit, including the anchors. It is after all the first time it counsels outside of its room.

7.STEP 18/325

My beloved Causality Institute has piqued my interest with its proposals once again. The VIP is also eager to test out the limits of its counseling. It will be with you when you're ready.

8.STEP 18/326

Base E has received a package of anomalous objects. Decide which ones are beneficial to humanity and donate them to the Manna Charitable Foundation through the usual channels; Agent Simmons will observe. You can keep the rest. The Lost Fives might take interest in some of them.

Compilers Note: Shortly after the last Step, a meeting between Agent Simmons and the Engineer was scheduled. Relevant portions to this Step Compilation are included below

Simmons enters the room, visibly nervous. There is a conference table with food and a chair before him. On the other end of the table is the Engineer sitting on a chair turned away from the table looking at various TV screens. The screens show a modified Daevite Glyph, a close-up of Mount Everest, the skyline of the city Maladh, statistics and a spatially warped point somewhere in the sky.

The Engineer is silent.

Simmons: Commander, if you allow-

Engineer: Who of us sought the other's presence?

Simmons: I didn't expect to get a direct audience with you, Commander.

Engineer: Your objections would have fallen on ears long calcified. Speak, before the moment flees.

Simmons: As I've said before, I object to the support given to volatile Cells like the Black Sheep. I can somewhat understand it there with the Insurgency controlling them in the end, but the same can't be said for Manna Charitable.

Engineer: Control? Is that what the C stands for?

Simmons: Uh, of course not. But I find it hard to deny- I'm sorry is that a cat?

A cat has entered the room and jumps on the Engineers lap.

Engineer: The Operator of this particular base enjoys our feline companion's company. Who are we to deny her that?

The Engineer turns around in their chair, facing Simmons while petting the cat.

Engineer: Do go on. I believe you were about to tell me how the Insurgency isn't that different from the Foundation. That we both strive to keep the world strung to our purpose?

Simmons: I wouldn't-

Engineer: You'd hit on target if you were asking one of the other Commanders. Had you started from a different pond, is it not easy to imagine you joining that light-shunning Kraken? What is your anchor, hm? What keeps this fish in our pond?

Simmons: I, uh- I don't think I like it. The world the Foundation is striving towards.

Engineer: A pond trapped in the monotony of normalcy. The kind of monotony may be changeable, but the tool of control will always lead to the same pond. It is then only righteous to strive against it.

Simmons: I see what you're saying, Commander, but Manna Charitable is in no way affiliated with us.

Engineer: They were birthed in our waters; not every fish returns to its source. They still carry our pond of purpose with them wherever they go. Manna does good. Only a fool who can't look past what is theirs and what isn't would deny them the aliment they so justly deserve.

Simmons: (with a sceptical look) Then what about some of the Cells that should be more in our control? It seems to me like the Black Sheep aren't compatible with any worldview where the world isn't burning in the end.

Engineer: That is for the sheep alone to decide. We may give them power and nudges to keep them from self-destruction but each child must learn its own lessons.

Simmons: I know we facilitate them. That doesn't make them any less of a threat.

Engineer: Were they the only player in the world, maybe. As iron sharpens iron, so one Cell sharpens another. That is what we have over the Foundation.

Simmons: I-

Engineers: Observe our VIP and its followers, if you are not convinced. See how they started in apathy yearning for their dead god's touch, but are rising to become their own star with nothing more than a few nudges and support.

Simmons: … I guess I can see that.

Engineer: There is no need to hide your doubt. There is a cure to your concerns. It won't be long until the VIP has outgrown its need for us. But where it'll go, Chaos will follow. It would be fortunate to have one of our Observers at the front of it. You may make your own judgement there if you have likewise outgrown the need for us.

Simmons: As you will, Commander.

Engineer: I do not will it. It is your decision. I expect great things from you, should you stay, past and future. Before you go, when tyranny of mountains ends in spiral night?

Simmons: Glass Dome Iris turned inside sees reflected rainbows.

Simmons: Wait, what?

Engineer: (nods) I had to make sure. You may go now.

9.STEP 18/350

I thank Mirza Qadir and the VIP for their contributions to our organization. All cells for whom their new whereabouts might be of interest have received the relevant information about their next Project: The City Maladh.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License