S7-APCS Classification System
rating: +66+x

Security Clearance Level 4
Dr. Ivensky, object curator, 44-871
Store in cell 32ВА, Site 7


S

E

K

T

N

А


Condition-component

SCP-0000



Logo_SCP_Foundation.jpg

SCP Foundation

Bureau of Classification and Standardization

2021-03-10
Site-7

Dear colleagues! The SCP Foundation is currently the most prominent organization that secures and researches anomalous phenomena. Since its very birth, the Foundation has been changing and self-improving. However, we have now reached the point where bureaucracy, administrative contradictions and the necessity of a common standard are unavoidable. Furthermore, we have successfully shifted our research to "quality over quantity" and have accumulated a decent amount of experience in securing and containing SCP objects. Considering the above, it is safe to say that our regular Object Class classification system is no longer viable and ought to be changed.

The system we are currently using (also known as the Object Class system) only considers the danger an anomaly poses with no regard for the containment itself nor the personnel that interacts with it. Such attitude ignores (or oversimplifies) several aspects of containing an SCP object, including the containment difficulty, trigger conditions, etc. The anomaly is classified as Keter in case it is deemed extremely dangerous, ignoring the fact whether or not its danger can be easily negated. Undoubtedly, most of these "Keter classifications" are justified, but for the sake of proper containment our personnel should be able to acknowledge the risks that the item actually holds.

In order to modify the existing classification system the Action Team of Site-7 has conducted an in-depth analysis of after-action reports regarding the breaches of anomalies that had been enlisted less than three years prior. Secondly, our analysts have devised a new danger matrix that not just considers the danger in vacuo, but also correlates it with the containment difficulty and the damage that might be done to the Veil.

On top of it, we have scrutinized the behaviour of Foundation personnel during various types of breaches, when adjacent units, unfamiliar with the breaching anomaly, had to be deployed in order to solve the issue. The conclusion is somewhat distressing — a great deal of adversities and casualties among unauthorized personnel could have been prevented had the object files and containment cells been fitted with a brief and simple explanation of the anomaly's danger. These are just a few examples:

  • On 2020/08/14, an emergency caused a large-scale breach at Site-18. A containment team which specialized in managing Safe-class objects was attempting to retrieve Euclid-class SCP- ████ and SCP-████ from the site. At one point, however, SCP-████ was accidentally activated, leading to many deaths and massive destruction. The incident could have been prevented if the object's file had a short notice that would shed enough light on the anomaly activation conditions while being easy to grasp at the same time.
  • On 2018/07/11, an assault on Area-21 by ████████ led to complete elimination of all on-site personnel and partial collapse of several SCP-objects' containment cells. MTF Tau-9 arrived 30 minutes later and attempted to mitigate the aftermath by their own forces. Since Area-21 harboured Euclid-class anomalies only, the MTF members were unable to pin down which anomaly should be secured first. Tau-9 spent more than 50 minutes recovering SCP-████, SCP-████ and SCP-████ and extinguishing the flames, while the biggest threat came from SCP-████, which is highly explosive and could potentially obliterate the entire site, yet wasn't paid enough attention. Fortunately, the tragedy was avoided, but the simple fact that it could actually happen should alert us to solve the problem as soon as possible.

To sum up, Bureau of Classification and Standardization of Site-7 presents the S7 APCS (Site-7 Anomalous Phenomenon Classification System). You will find enclosed a brief explanation and the user's manual.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License