Project Ibarahime, 1945

rating: +31+x

Purpose: In consideration of the total destruction of her allies, namely: the Third Reich, the Empire of Japan is deprived of additional resources necessary to complete and establish rudimentary code of law and order in the Occupied Territories. Furthermore, the onset of continuous aerial bombardment of major munitions factories has disrupted crucial supply lines to fuel the war machine.

To add to the impediment of the war effort — according to our informants planted within the imperialist authoritative circles — they have warned of an impending land invasion conducted by an unceremonious alliance between the akai akuma1 in the north and the fascists in the West.

Despite the best efforts of information dissemination campaigns, this news has spilled over into the very heart of the nation, possibly perpetuated by imperialist and Communist infiltrators. General Koshu has expressed concern about the rising number of desertions and alleged suicides in the military and domestic settings, exemplified by:

  • Four instances of insubordination — one of whom exhibited erratic behavior such as repeatedly thrusting his bayonet into a decapitated head of a captive of war before tearing off nearby war posters. Physical examination concluded chronic insomnia and PTSD.
  • Two IJAMEA agents who exploited Project Ryoksho (1944) methodology and died from a collision at an observed speed of 400km/h, causing massive internal hemorrhaging and fusion of their bodies to an anatomical scale.
  • Two mutinies in the military barracks stationed in Tokyo and Chiba, involving a missing eye and fractured ribcage respectively.

As continued maintenance and deployment of armed forces are unfeasible in light of the aforementioned circumstances, Project Ibarahime seeks to serve as a means of circumvention through:

  • increased dedication to the weaponization of the human mind against the aggressors, and
  • uplifting of public morale.

Proponents of the Project describe the process as two-fold. The first stage is the production and injection of an anomalous oneirogen into a human subject that allows their seishin2 to momentarily depart from their physical selves. They are then transported to "raise", an artificial thought construct that appears in a dream-like sequence, with the exception that they are able to tangibly interact with any components of "raise". Upon withdrawal of the oneirogen, they are returned to their physical bodies, cognizant of these "dreams".

Proponents establish that "raise" can be intentionally modified to either evoke intense fear within the subject or draw out nationalist sentiments through the manipulation of their perceived loved ones (by selected occultists), to the benefit of the Empire. Should the Project succeed, the oneirogen is to be distributed by aerial spray over enemy territory and manufactured in the form of pills for nightly consumption by the local populace.

bunker.jpg

Outpost-甲

Assets: Several requirements would have to be fulfilled in order for Project Ibarahime to operate at maximum efficiency.

Firstly, control over the Outpost Fukuoka. The Project must be held within a secure environment for assigned personnel to work without unnecessary distractions. This outpost is to be renamed to "Outpost-甲 ('Kou')", and are to be addressed as such in all verbal discussions, or any documents for the purposes of brevity and deterrence against information breaches by the aggressors. All rooms are to undergo renovation works to suit the needs as stated by General Koshu's communique [RESTRICTED TO 二-LEVEL ACCESS]. A trench, measuring three-meters deep and five-meters long is to be dug one kilometer from Outpost-甲 for waste disposal.3

Secondly, increased production of heavy water4, anti-hypertensives and heavy sleep-inducing substances — quota of 5,000 barrels each. Legislation is to be amended to loosen the degree of adherence to the legality pertaining to the production of chemicals to alleviate excessive restrictions put forth by the Geneva Convention.

Thirdly, captives-of-war — total desired count to be 600 as part of preliminary tests. Their nationality, socio-economic status, gender, and medical conditions are irrelevant during the intake process. These are to be handled under command by the chosen Project head. These are to be split equally into two, namely Cohort-い ("i") and ろ ("ro") tasked with the first and second objectives of the Project respectively.

Fourthly, increased intake of medical personnel (civilian or military), especially those who have proved to be capable of handling synthesis of highly hazardous chemicals — total desired capacity to be 60. They are to be housed under Outpost-甲 at all times and granted access to quality commodities.

Fifth, a personal psychiatrist assigned to each medical personnel.

Results: Failure. Initial observations appeared positive, according to Outpost-甲 — observers state that all 600 of the subjects have successfully entered "raise", albeit with varying degrees of emotional distress for Cohort-い participants, such as:

  • episodic hysteria
  • bruxism, leading to irreparable damage to the gums and dislodgement of front teeth
  • intermittent seizures

The first subject in-question to succumb to the effects of the serum is Mrs. Hatanaka, age 36, pregnant mother of three. At approximately 03:24 AM, the experiment was terminated, and the serum was withdrawn from the system. She began to resist by quickly escalating to metallic clangs and screams, before they stopped. The following was heard, presumably by an on-site doctor:

It's a boy.

All communications between the Ministry of War and Outpost-甲 were momentarily severed thereafter. Investigators were deployed and remarked that some 90 unidentified civilians, all soaked in blood, were captured by on-site soldiers, who testified that most of them were discovered unmoving on the floor, groaning in agony. No IJAMEA personnel were harmed, although they were reported to be in a state of shock.

Before further information could be obtained, communications with Outpost-甲 were severed again. A small squadron was sent to the outpost and declared all personnel on-site, dead. The scene within the outpost bore resemblance to that of a massacre: the rooms were overwhelmed with a stench of rotting meat and dried blood, with dismembered limbs scattered about.

p.jpg

Recovered artwork. Context is unknown.

The faces of every soul were mangled beyond recognition; their bodies were bruised and seemingly eviscerated by claw wounds spanning 50cm wide. Bullet holes were found on the walls in nearly every direction, with pieces of a substance similar in biology to human skin stuck to most bullet holes. Unlike the regular decomposition process, this substance was simmering, with cysts in a cyclical sequence of bulging outwards, and subsequently combusting.

All 600 subjects were found dead, still secured to the gurneys. The cause of death was massive cranial damage owing to complete implosion of the skull and head, revealing nothing but small goblets of brain matter strewn around the wound. A pool of blood is seen in front of every gurney.

Currently, 65 villages within the Prefecture have been suddenly depopulated. Some sources, albeit scattered, testify that a distant gurgling sound to that of a human fetus is heard from said villages.

Liquidation of all assets in effect. For personal safety, all citizens must arm themselves with any sharp objects and lock the doors.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License